Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: automation in key editor question

This indeed is a time waster ... Would love a fix . Programming pitch bends for testing purposes is pretty slow as it is (navigating back to zero crossing)
by 501dubz
Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Appealing to Steinberg to keep the CMC current viable?

Theyre not going to. Its not in their business interests to disclose the profitability expressly

However the fact remains that if these controllers would not be discontinued an in fact in active development they'd be here screaming it out loud.

The only statement from SB is of the "as far as I know" variety so...
by 501dubz
Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What you're asking will never happen at least in that form. SB business model is more straightforward and is not based on separate support revenue. Support is there to shift the new or current units not to create a revenue stream on legacy ones. When the units no longer shift or sourcing becomes an issue, it's bye bye time

SB does not do apple care
by 501dubz
Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure SB doesn't want to look bad in the eyes if people buying these units as they're the same ones they will have to sell the next controller they come up with. To retain some credibility I'm sure they will provide the bare bones Cmc patches to guarantee compatibility w upcoming cubase version but who knows after that. The annoying thing about something like the AI is that it's completely useless outside Cubase

(The PD and QC on the other hand are quite universal cc boards)

But the whole point is rather that the Cmc will likely go down the history as a short lived product if it's the end of it now. Some would call that a failure but I'm more optimistic
by 501dubz
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic