Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: How do I put audio tracks in time in Cubase 7 ?

Hi Steve

If you want what I think you want :? , play a midi "tap" along with the drums you have already recorded, quarter notes is fine, Then go to Midi>Functions>Merge Tempo from Tapping, then engage the tempo track and the sequencer will then be in time with the drums. If that's what you wanted! I also find this a good way of straightening out the drums if they're just a little off in one or 2 places, there are often bands that don't want to(or can't)play to a click. Hope this helps
Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CUbase 7.5…when?

But Before 7.6 :?
by DaveAbbott
Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 UR824 units on one system possible?

Hi Arno

Soooo sorry I'm being a South African here(even though I'm originally a Pom who's been here too long:-)

Sussed is slang for "figured out", you just need to work out where the clocking cables plug in. I have a Focusrite Pre which plugs in via ADAT but the wordclock has to go from the UR to the Focusrite making sure the UR is the Master.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 my all preferences are gone ?

Hi All

I just copied the complete preferences folder over from 7 to 7.5, worked fine, no problems

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any Jamstix 3.X users with Cubase 7.06 or 7.5?

Hi There

I have Jamstix 3.5 and it seems to be fine, I haven't really used it at all since the upgrade to 7.5 just checked that it was working rather quickly without any detailed "inspection". I'm using the 64bit version

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commands for many tracks simultaneosly?

Hi Jamusic

Yes it's Control Click to select additional tracks, or select first track then Shift click the last track to select all the tracks in between. Having selected them, in order to change for instance the track destination, one then holds shift and Alt and changes the destination which will change ALL those selected, is that a bit clearer:-)?

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thinking of adding a second UR824 but...

Hi Swillie

I'm not sure about the addition of another UR 824 as far as what you get but I do know that many guys have been successful with it, ie it works!!!! I would imagine you would get the channel strip on all 16 channels, not sure about the outputs though. I use a Focusrite Octopre which adds 8 channels, nice preamps, works perfectly use it for drums mainly.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Hi Paul

I am an ass, as you say you credited him, it says BY RHINO, but I'm too busy thinking what a good idea it is to notice, cos I'm a twit!!!!!! So thanks RHINO, and thanks Paul for reposting:-)

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Newb Type Question

Hi All

You can also set up a Macro to do this

Select all on track
Add new midi track
Paste at Origin

or something like that

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dsp fx UR 824 and Cubase 7.5 - PROBLEM

Hi Elnirh

Yes I would say Direct monitoring should remain on, the only reason to have it off is if you wanted to insert say Guitar Rig (or any other effect) on one of the input inserts, then of course one has to live with whatever the ASIO latency is. and DO spend a bit of time with the manual if you can(and indeed on these forums)one can pick up all sorts of shortcuts tips etc.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi THere

Do you have "direct monitoring" enabled in the Device setup, that would be the first thing, aside from that it is worth spending quite a bit of time learning how it integrates with C7.5, it really isn't "out of the box" stuff. another thought, on the mixer page do you have the Cue Sends showing, they are not shown by default and are OFF by default too I think. Without those you won't get a mix to whatever you specify as the cue mix output

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Elmirh

If you are running (as you are)Cubase 7.5 you do not (and cannot)use the dsp software. ALL the features are accessible from within Cubase itself mostly (in fact all I think) on the mixer page. It takes a bit of time to get into but it's worth it, it works well.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how to normalize all track heights in arranger??

Hi Beerbong

It's a key command, set tracks to ? rows can't remeber under which group i think it may be zoom settings.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I overwrite automation?

Hi Delboy

Yes that's right, in the full Cubase there are different options but in Elements it's fixed to what is called "Touch" ie as soon as you let the fader go it reverts to what was there before.
by DaveAbbott
Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: batch editing audio

Hi all

Would it be possible to set up a macro to do this using "next event" and "process" Key commands?

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amatuer newbie...so frustrated

Hi Pianofiend

My first piece of advice to you would be to "hang in there" even Cubase Elements which is the "Entry Level" version is still quite a complex piece of software and recording is not a "plug and play" thing, for that matter it never really was!! Sacha's advice is good, there are a LOT of tutorials on youtube, keep at it and it will all make sense eventually and Steve in Chicago's suggestion on the buffer setting is also good, keep going!!!

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Sun May 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amatuer newbie...so frustrated

Hi again Pianofiend

The adjust volume function is "Track Automation". If you go to the left hand edge of the track header(where the coloured bit is) if you hover with the mouse over the lower part, a little arrow appears which will say Show/Hide Automation. Click to show automation and the first one should be volume, then just use a pencil to draw in your volume curve and "voila"

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Mon May 12, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brand New Steinberg Hardware

No...... but the Freeze function is pretty "cool" and it comes with "make instant hit" liquid.
by DaveAbbott
Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guitar Rig 5 & Cubase 7.5 Settings

Hi There

Not sure if the UR22 has direct monitoring, I use a UR824 which does!!! If it DOES then you have to turn direct monitoring OFF in order to get guitar rig working live.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase has to be open for me to hear youtubes thru UR28M

Hi Alexis

As far as sending system sounds to wherever you want, that is in the dsp software, go to the main dsp page and click the"gear" button next to the i at the top. Then in the output routing settings, whichever output you want the system sounds to go through, set that to mix 1/2 , (I have a feeling that that IS fixed but haven't been into it) you'll have to set the others to something else otherwise it'll come out of all the outputs set to mix 1/2, it is a bit backwards but it works so,,,,,,

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pop Out EQ section?

Hi All

Just to say thanks to Centralmusic, excellent idea that, gonna give it a go in the morning

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Control Room Volume with controller

Hi Leroo

Yes it can be controlled with the CMC AI knob, I don't use it for that very much but it does work

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to align a midi project to an existing audio file?

Hi Gonga

I do this quite often. Insert the audio file into a blank project. make sure the track is in "Linear "mode not musical mode. Start the track and tap along to it to create a midi timing track. When you have finished this you can go back and edit any taps that might have been out of time. Highlight this track,then us the MID>Functions> merge tempo from tapping function, it'll ask a couple of questions here which you'll figure out I'm sure. Once this is done you have to Turn On The Tempo Track! this fooled me for a while as I didn't spot it when I first attempted it, then everything should be aligned. Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IS there a less confuzzling way to transfer from 7 to 7.

Hi Zero Zero

I think if you copy the preferences from the Cubase 7 to the 7.5 folder most of your setup will be copied. The preferences are at c:/Users/Username/Appdata/Roaming/Steinberg . At this point there will be a folder for C7 and one for C7.5, copy whatever you need from the 7 folder to the 7.5 folder and that should do it!!!

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cursor in key editor

Hi There 23h

I think it's all down to Key Commands, I have Number Keys 4 and 6 set to Step Back 1 bar and Step Forward 1 Bar and this works in the Project page and ALL Editor pages.

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic