3-cancel

the audio editor has already a similar popup

SeeWhat
by SeeWhat
Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QUESTION: Snap Note Lengths?

Im not by my comp right now bit i think you hold ctrl/command and that lets you drag it out as if snap is off, works in automation aswell
by MarcusBits
Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Move Event Up/Down Between Lanes Key Command?

look at the key commands at the nudge folder.. assign keys to up/down 8-)
by mozizo
Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Support for Drawing Tablets?

No, none support them in a meaningful way, nor do they really support the Pen input mode in windows (for graphic tablets and pen tablets). I do run cubase and Energy XT from time to time on a Fujitsu pen tablet because it has a daylight screen and it does work with the Pen only input but with the exception of drawing curves it is not a great way to control a sequencer, superb for working with additive synth plugins though...

The only notation program that supported pen input was from Microsoft and it worked rather well but is no longer available and not near professional standard anyway, there is an freeware experimental effects VST out there somewhere that was expressively designed for pen usage and it is a hoot to use with a pen.
by Reiknir
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glue Key Command?

For midi, I'm using a Key Command for "Bounce Midi" and using all the time. It glues selected midi parts together.

sonic
by sonic74
Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duplicating A Complete Section With Range

But what I want to do is -duplicate- that A section... butt up against the first A section and right before the B section. So how do I duplicate that section. Does one insert empty bars where A2 goes and -then- paste? Or is there a faster way?
After having done "Global Copy", place your Cursor at the end of the A section, then Edit menu>Range>"Paste Time".
by vic_france
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metronome

Not trying to hijack, but just for my own education, what do you like better about using a VST metronome over say just a WAV file or the default bleep/bloop?

I think I can answer this:

1. It is easier to render the metronome as an audio track

2. We can change the subdivisions freely , or mute the metronome in some places, and so on.
by Makumbaria
Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Noob Question: Tempo Change Click Count In?

I usually do it this way..
(lets say I want a 1 bar count-in before the start of the new tempo)..
I create a MIDI track, routed to a metronome sound, and record one bar of click during the first bar of the new tempo.
I then switch that MIDI track over to Linear Timebase, set Snap to "Events", then drag-copy that one bar click Part backwards, such that the end of the copied Part butts against the start of the original. (If necessary I can then delete the original, although I am more likely to want to keep it).
by vic_france
Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Noob Question: Tempo Change Click Count In?

I usually do it this way..
(lets say I want a 1 bar count-in before the start of the new tempo)..
I create a MIDI track, routed to a metronome sound, and record one bar of click during the first bar of the new tempo.
I then switch that MIDI track over to Linear Timebase, set Snap to "Events", then drag-copy that one bar click Part backwards, such that the end of the copied Part butts against the start of the original. (If necessary I can then delete the original, although I am more likely to want to keep it).

Thanks, as always, vic_france.

(Is there a one-click macro to type out that above phrase?? :D )
by alexis
Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Insert Bars Default Start Position

Thanks.

I think it is a bug. It -does- seem to work OK from bars 1-999.

Do me one more favour, if you wouldn't mind...

If you have a CPR that is > 1001 bars... can you place the cursor on bar 1001 and see what happens?

For me, it seems to get stuck @ 1000.

Cheers,

---JC

Yeap, same here, stuck at bar 1000 if the cursor is beyond that. You should post it in the issues forum, probably an easy fix for that one ;)
by AstronautDown
Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clicking On Start Time On Info Line Decrements Bar

That behavior corresponds with the Editing-Controls> Value Box/Time Control pref being set to "Increment/Decrement on left/right click"

So... is it?
by SteveInChicago
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question Or F/R Global Copy Range Selection

But then it wouldn't be "global" ;).. you'd have to select all the tracks (including tempo track etc) manually . At least, the way it is now, all you have to do is set L and R Locators, and it copies everything.
There is the option, Preferences>Editing>"Cycle follows Range Selection", which may or may not simplify your situation, depending on whether you were already using the Range tool.. it will set L and R Locators as you set a Range (doesn't work the other way round, though ;) ).
by vic_france
Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Add Space Between MIDI Notes

What I want to do is select them and then add 20PPQ of 'space' between the start time of each note. So they are now not on the beat... they've increased in 'distance' from one another.
Click Me
I think this Logical Editor preset will do exactly what you ask. The "how much" value can be easily edited and the preset can be assigned to a KeyCommand
by Weasel
Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I FIGURED OUT LICECAP Congratulations!

Weasel has the solutions for the note clusters...

As far as the expanding universe, here is a much simpler way that works without limitations.

Select the notes in question
Invoke "Locate Selection"
Invoke this LE preset:
LE:
Filter:
Type-Note
Property=Selected

Action:
Position Multiply by 1.1

then invoke "Move to Cursor"

And heeeeere's the licecap:
http://thestevepage.com/img/expUni2.gif
by SteveInChicago
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hm, when I tried that it moved all events by the given amount, whereas they all need to be moved by increasing amounts relative to where they started. I wasn't sure if the notes needed to maintain their relative positions or not from Suntower's initial description. Short attention span on my part, I guess.
Both LE's do the same basic primary function (shift the note starts back) but treat the spacing differently. Two useful tools for two different results, I'd say.
by Weasel
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 3 Monitor Recommendation?

suntower wrote:1. Are there any cheap, fanless video cards?

What is cheap? You should be able to find Radeon 5450-based cards at around $40.
by Jarno
Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone Else? Two Issues: Solo, Window Maximising

Apparently not a platform-specific set of issues. I have bumped into the solo stuff and mystery resizing issues on 3 different Macs.
by Weasel
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QUESTION: MIDI 'Mult'?

Check out p. 457, it describes how to route a Send to another MIDI input.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QUESTION: MIDI 'Mult'?

midi send perhaps?................. ops manual p457.
by matjones
Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent SE Questions...

1. Can you combine kits in G/A SE (the one in C6-C7?) I mean, if I have the 808 kit, can I somehow import a snare from the 'Headbanger' kit onto an empty pad?

Like in GA One you can drag the samples from one instance to another instance, eg. open '808 Kit' in instance one and 'Headbanger Kit' in instance two, then drag sounds between the two instances (pad to pad).
by krisp
Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Solo Dim

Play with the Listen Level and the Listen Dim Level in the control room. It does what you described.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Notepad enhancement

I don't know about other users but I tend to have a lot of revisions (I.E. different projects) of a single project. When I'm in a revision I use the notepad to make notes of what is specific about that revision. I wish Steinberg would make it possible to view the notes BEFORE I open up the specific revision of the project.

Let's say I have a I have project with 20 revisions. I name them R01, R02 etc. For every revision I have made notes in the project notepad of what's specific about that revision. Now if I leave the project to rest for a couple of months and then go back to it, it's no fun at all. I have to open a revison (which can take up to a couple of minutes) to get to my notepad and figure out what it's all about. If it's the wrong revision I have to open another one and repeat the process, and so on.

Please Steinberg, make the notes you have made for the projects (or revisions) available in the Steinberg Hub BEFORE you open a specific project. It would make life with Cubase so much easier!

Thanks for listening,
by MikZak
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monitor Defeat

In the similar fashion that SOLO defeat can be selected for a channel, a monitor defeat would make sure that monitoring stays active for the channel at all times. This is useful in many situations of tracking and arranging with a mix of live audio and MIDI sources.
by marcovandew
Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic