Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: This looks good - VST rack

Interesting...

I don't find Cubase limiting at all, just my imagination. If I need more slots, I just add a group channel to that track chain which doubles the slots, if really needed, and I don't know why, add another group channel to the chain. Now you've got 24 slots per side. I would guess the possibility of signal degradation exists doing this sort of thing, as would adding a third party pluggin. Save the cash and buy a lava lamp 8-)
by JSW
Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stuck! [plus link to what I've done so far]

You are off to a good start!

Just a thought...

this is very mechanical...unbolt a song, take it apart Take and listen to your fav, Beethoven's 9th , listen to what he is doing and take notes;
1. how many times is the melodic phrase repeated, what new thing is introduced each time (loudness, instruments, new notes, less notes, timing, etc. how many measures ie. 1234,1234,1234)
2. Chorus;( or the new different type of music inserted into the piece) take notes; what's going on, does it repeat, instruments, tempo, loudness, etc. how many measures
3. 2nd melody, what's going on here?

Song Structure: A,B,C,B,A,A or what ever.
(A=primary melody, B=Chorus, C= 2nd melody, etc.)

There are common structures that tend to make music comfortable to listeners by meeting their subconscious expectations...If you unravel Beethoven's 9th this way, you will have a greater understanding of music. Then apply the lessons to your music. Beethoven was a genius, his music was simple and accessible by all, yet so complex, it is hard to imagine how he felt and put together all the nuances to make such great music.

Hope this helps in some way.
John
by JSW
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stars and Ratings?

I must have missed the fine print along the line, so....

What are the Stars and Ratings located in the Thread Title block all about? (on the forum)
by JSW
Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stars and Ratings?

You're a star without the designation John... in fact, we all are! 8-)

That's my rating!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I want some of what your having :P

My goodness, when ya login, ya get to see where everyone thanked the
poster, kind-a cool, kind-a weird. I would guess it will play out to indicate which answers are most accurate as voted (thanked) by the forumites drawn to that thread...hmmm, if I've got this right, that would leave the Stars and Ratings in the title block to give indication of the value/quality of answers given inside the thread which could then be found by reading the thanked posts. This could help with sorting through long threads for quality answers to the topic and may be valuable in the serious parts of the forum ie: C 7.5, etal. In the lounge, it may lean in a different direction.

So now with my new and enlightened understanding of Stars, Ratings and Thanking, I Thank all of you.
by JSW
Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help with analog mixer connections

Strophoid wrote:Nice :)
If it does what you want it to then it's the right way to set it up 8-).

Totally agree. The beauty in it all is you can change it with the push and pull of a plug.
by JSW
Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help with analog mixer connections

Ok.. yeah forget my first attempt.... look at the manual, page 40 gives some nice layouts. The monitors do hook up to the mixer. the mixer sends the signal out to the cpu then back to the mixer out the master bus to the speakers, you can then play other instruments on the other mixer channels and blend to taste and record at same time by arming the corresponding channel in cubase.

manual; http://www.soundcraft.com/downloads/fetchfile.aspx?cat_id=user_guides. sounds like you may have some head scratching to do though ;)

This is really straight forward, and signal flow is done in the mixer...nice little mixer by the way.
by JSW
Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic