Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Default Send Levels?

MarcusBits wrote:wow, thanks Bredo :) .. It's amazing what you learn every day with this daw, can't believe I've missed that one in the prefs.

Ain't that the (frustrating) truth...

Also, did you know that you can COPY sends from one slot to another ?...

I sure didn't...
by Tp3
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mix Console zoom override - YES WE CAN

No real-time rubberband gimmickry needed, ever.
I sympathize.

I used to call Mix-Console "Mix-Debacle"...

Nothing would have stopped Steinberg from updating the visuals (yes, the 7.x mixer is prettier imho)
IMVHO, its looks are distracting. I'm not supposed to "look" at it. it should be utilitarian.

Btw, traditional buttons and displays beat mouse-over fumbling any day in my book, no need to implement trendiness over functionality here, too, with an updated constant-size mixer.
I absolutely agree. it is, as SOS' columnist call it : " risible "...

Re bugs, the forum is full of issues with the new mixer, almost all related to zoom somehow, to only quote a few :
- erraneous recall of channel width up to the infamous "Kermit bug" full width channels, kinda random but still a constant threat

- up to 6.5 a precise recall of a certain visual mixer state was possible using workspaces and keycommands (granted, you had to know a few tricks), and these workspaces could be transfered between projects (granted, in a cumbersome way, but at least you could do it), C7.x has no way of doing either !?! :o

- and finally, can't prove it, but considering the above it's fairly safe to assume correct simultaneous focus behavior also was sacrificed for this unwanted zoomable concept, absolute no-go.
Well, IMO "zoomable mixer" is simply Implausible (I'm being very gentle here, yes ?...).
Have you EVER seen a "Zoomable" REAL mixer ? I sure haven't.

I have the feeling that this was a compromise, before we all land in 4K LCD soon. however, this ridiculous concept should be BANISHED. it causes so much trouble that its questionable merits fall apart against the problems it causes.

This thread could have been mistaken for "disable zooming and all the related collateral damage by simply deselecting it", which unfortunately is not how it works. :cry:
No. it is simply me happy to not (not ?) having to mistakenly zoom within the mixer.

Oh, unlike you, I think that cramming SO MUCH info (channel strips, inserts, sends, etc etc.) into SO LITTLE physical space (our LCDs) is HORRENDOUS. may I remind you that your LCD is NOT 6m wide/ 1.5m long as a real console.
it is 60 CENTIMETERS by 40 CENTIMETERS (roughly - on average). I have no idea how can someone cope with so much data : pixels...colors... animations... more pixels... more colors... and whatnot.

Someone over at Steinberg HQ should reality check himself, REALLY. this is basic human perception stuff... :roll:
You have to understand that the human brain WASTES energy on such things. energy that should really be used to CREATE.
by Tp3
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I have to say that - to my eyes - this the first time Cubase' mixer invokes such emotions and contradicting responses.
EVER.

I just can't remember in all my years here that people talked so much about Cubase' mixer. for the better and for the worst (many love it and it seems that many more LOATH it. it shouldn't be like that. it is, after all, just a mixer).

Personally, I did try to love MixDebacle over the last year and a half. see if you can guess what are my feelings towards it... :mrgreen:

I have since come to understand that Sound on Sound's final words (in the "cons" sections) about Cubase' mixer fully realized themselves in reality :
* cons
Not all users will appreciate the aesthetic choices reflected in the new mixer's design.
by Tp3
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me, the mixer is still a mess of great features that don't work for actual mixing
Yes, MESS is the correct word. it is not wise to try and cram so much info into tiny physical representation (our lcd's. be it 17" or 24" or 30". and SURELY not when our resolution is still HD and not 4K)
by Tp3
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AP wrote:Only a true Professional will appreciate Cubase 7.5 mixer :D

No, true Professional sequence on Pro Tools :lol:
by Tp3
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic