Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

ufoqbase wrote: and I will not upgrade to 8 if Steinberg will not fix all bugs and compatibility problems with 3rd party plugs..

how about you go ask the 3rd party making the 3rd party plug to fix the 3rd party plug problem? :roll:
by Marsman
Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Surprised nobody's bringing up the hiding of channels in the arrange, that's the number one workflow feature for me, and much requested. Also if youre scoring, bridging the gap between instrument tracks and the instrument rack is great.

I brought it up in my previous post, yes it is AMAZING, been waiting for this since.. 2005??

the scrolling through hundreds of tracks (many, many empty template tracks too )was a nightmare, folders and workspaces never did much for me.
This is THE update. Sadly I need to wait for the Nuendo update though, since I´m not on Cubase.
Seriously Cubase should be a free alternative license for Nuendo users anyway, don´t see why this is not happening.
Opening Cubase with a Nuendo licence should be standard.
by Marsman
Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please, please, please update the CC121 driver

Hello Steinberg, how about making the drivers open source so a dedicated fan can implement a little bit of extra functionality?
by Marsman
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to make quicktimes quickly and easily

Yep this is missing. Used to have it in Digital Performer
Bounce to disk -> Quicktime movie
of the selected range

+1
by Marsman
Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [FR] Multiple projects : disable automatic activation

Personally I think the whole "multiple projects" handling needs an overhaul

It should work like DP´s "Sequence Chunks"

also multiple "chunks" sharing a sample pool, video, VSTis loaded, etc.

Very useful for film scoring, many different cues and one long video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cbwmmTzGMk
by Marsman
Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[Poll] Future versions: Which features are most exciting?

Cast your vote and let SB know which types of features would be most exciting to you for future versions.

I made up some general categories instead of mentioning specific features.

You can choose up to 3 categories.

There were only 10 options possible so if you miss anything leave it in the comments.
by Marsman
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

Fingers crossed for new window management in C8
by Marsman
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please, please, please update the CC121 driver

Oh wow, that looks like a great effort.
Drool at this:
These enhancements go beyond the original functionality that the device provides under Cubase but I found them very handy when working with the CC121:

1. Pressing the mute and the monitor button at the same time will swap the functionality of the volume fader and the pan encoder so the fader will control the panorama of a channel and the encoder will control the volume. This will make the automation of pan data much easier.

2. Pressing the write and the VSTi button at the same time will disable and enable the motorfader. This is usefull in many recording and mixing situations where the sound of the moving fader is disturbing. This shortcut is much easier as plugging the wall wart in and out every time to shut up the fader.

Come on Steinberg, Reaper can now use the cc121 better than Cubase, fix that!

+1
I wonder if there ever will be a useful update for this device?
Please make it happen SB...
by Marsman
Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8.0?

In fact map all the years music trade shows should give one an idea of the dates of any new releases.

I´d rather have some third party developers adopt VST3. Native Instruments should update their freakin´ Komplete Package I´ve purchased, finding out in horror that every plugin and instrument are still VST2. What a rip-off.
by Marsman
Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INSTRUMENT RACK SIZING?

I´ve only seen it in videos but it appears to be huge. Should have a minimized mode which more resembles the old rack, with a expand/collapse button
by Marsman
Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] Revive V-Stack and add it to the Cubase package

I wonder why V-Stack was never evolved, instead discontinued, now the only option would be VE Pro. Really a missed opportunity...

The suggestion would be to expand the current VST instrument rack to work standalone too, even over the network as
a VST instrument host, separate from the Cubase application. Switching multiple projects is a headache anyway, lots of sample reloading. I´d like to have multiple projects open, referencing to the same VST rack setup.
by Marsman
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic