Search found 42 matches

Return

Re: Major cubasis bug

Hi ggc,

we're sorry to hear you faced a "crash" like this. During testing we didn't experience an issue like the one you're describing.
In order to investigate on this we would need additional information:

- IPad Generation
- IOS version
- Cubasis Version

If you're willing to send us your project once you get back to mainland, we might get an idea of whats the problem causing.

kind regards
by Ludwig
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major cubasis bug

this sounds very similar to a behavior what i had.
i discribes it here in the forum and steinberg (crode) has no clue what it can be.
there must be a old tread. ( i dont find it, because of the new forum, i´ve lost my old nickname starcorp)
i had lost a project too, but it was only for testing.

it happens not again to me with 1.6

if you a guy with daw experience you know : strg+s every time
for cubasis it is the snapshot. i´m doing it after every editing or every minute.
jan
by stacoja
Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: idea for cubasis

That is what IAA implementation brings...
Just wait for 2 or 3 days, maybe, and you'll get it, with the 1.7 release :-p
by djeanhimself
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: idea for cubasis

My iPad 3 works fine with iOS 7.

I've been working with 24+ tracks in Cubasis + effects while using multiple instruments in Sampletank.
by jcologne
Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pls allow ios6 compatibility

Hi there,

Since IAA is only supported in iOS 7, there will be no iOS 6 support in the future.
by Matthias Quellmann
Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automation Value request

A couple of interesting tips from user 'likelystory' - the focus being the InfoLine at top; maybe not exactly what you are asking, but close...
viewtopic.php?p=343649#p343649
by Puma0382
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automation Value request

You can enter the value you want in the info line, at the top (must be turned on).
The window in the Track Controls is the CURRENT value (based on the cursor position).
I was never sure why it allows you to double click in it as I always thought of it as a "display only" value. If you notice, I believe it will even display a value where there is no node (for example during a "ramp" between two nodes).
J.L.
by jaslan
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 maintenance update availab

Cubase 7.5.20 is live and we think you'll like it!
by Helge Vogt
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: master buss graphic cut off

This may be related to your zoom settings as well as your screen resolution settings. See if changing these has any impact.
by BriHar
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: automation in key editor question

For this reason alone, I would recommend using expression maps whenever possible. I fought it for---ehver, but it helps.

Also, you can see any controller info from the precending and succeeding parts in that translucent colour. Doesn't help if the setting was changed 100 bars earlier, though. :D
by suntower
Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone pointed this video out in another thread. Look at about 13 minutes in. I'm pretty sure he went over what you are asking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0chuQ6_IUWU

Hope it helps,
Mahlon
by Mahlon
Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This indeed is a time waster ... Would love a fix . Programming pitch bends for testing purposes is pretty slow as it is (navigating back to zero crossing)
by 501dubz
Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ggc wrote:thats info about the automation lane..

I am talking about the key editor and using the line tool...

thanks though for attempting to help=)

Oops. Sorry bout that.

M.
by Mahlon
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: multiple interfaces question

Hi ggc,

Possible, yes I think so, search out ASIO for all. It's an alternative driver that allows you to access different interfaces at the same time through the ASIO protocol. I haven't looked at it for a few years so I don't know how it's developed but it's not renowned for low latency or stability but you may be able to tweak it into submission.

Cheers

PC
by Paul Coyle
Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ASIO4all actually works very well. I have an RME Digiface (PCI) and occasionally I use ASIO4all to get sound from my Ipad (via Iconnectivity Iconnect2) and it works well. In ASIO4all I open all of my Digiface ins and outs (so Cubase still retains my input/output and Control Room routing) AND Iconnect stereo in. Actually, with just the Digiface I/O in ASIO4all, the driver is not much different in performance than the native RME driver.It's worth taking a look anyway...
by beatpete
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not how the ASIO model works.

If you have 2 of the same audio-interfaces that are able to pair, the ASIO driver of that particular audio interface combines them. That means you can also use that in Cubase.

If you want 2 different devices to work together, you have to use ASIO4ALL.

If both are not a suitable solution for you, you have to buy a new audio interface with enough input and outputs.
by MaXxive
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Quick Controls and Global QC Manager

[quote="ggc"]Hi=) I would like more quick controls.

16 would suffice. (even better would be a little + sign that I could add as many as i would need per slot)

+1
by roel
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Group tracks

Yes Yes Yes... this is exactly the kind of Workflow streamlining I've been harking on about. This one feature saves multiple steps and clicks.

It would require a Dialog prompt to name the folder and group perhaps. I'd also like the option to select the output of the group on that dialog which would take away another scroll to the new group to set the output.
by mart
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dedicated swing menu

Good idea for global swing slider (like so many other programs have). I would just add a midi swing insert without quantize for individual tracks. Would like a midi freeze button on all midi inserts. I find that non-destructive inserts use CPU power.
by CubeDAW
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Include ARA Melodyne support in Cubase 8...

Please include ARA support in Cubase 8 so Melodyne users can really take advantage of the software.
by austinhaynesmusic
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where is Steinberg?

Always welcomed with much Aloha.
{'-'}
by curteye
Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where is Steinberg?

I'm a little worried?
-Various documentation not being updated

Which one exactly?

-Many new mods doing close to nothing - or handling level 1 knowledge posts

True but this is simply because every support team member here in Hamburg gets moderator status automatically. We have added several new members to the team but our focus still is on emails and phone support. If time permits, we do more than just moderation and first level support here as well.

-Forum buggy

Any examples?

-Old features not being enhanced to match current Cubase or time
-Updates/Fixes coming in at an alarmingly slow rate
-Many *universal* workflow enhancements being ignored
-great ideas not being implemented

We love great ideas but it's always a matter of priorities and even greater ideas that need to be implemented first ;)
These points could start another discussion I'd rather avoid as we have many of these in this forum already. We try our best to make it right for everyone which is not always possible.

maybe i am disillusioned, or not in a musical state of mind atm to notice these things.. idk...
Many times I think that it would take me 1 month at HQ to fix things up and propel the software and the company to where it should be in 2014.
It cant be because of missing money as yamahas net sales last year was something like 366 Billion Yen (over 3 billion$). - So what is it?
Are the original Devs still there? - How many Devs are working on what?
Are you giving up?
Do you need some help from advanced beings?

Thank you for the offer but we are fine and some of the developers from the beginning are still here. Even Charlie Steinberg says hi every now and then. As an independent company under the Yamaha umbrella, we do add to the Yamaha revenue but we still have to work with the money we make ourselves. Without getting into trouble, I can reveal that Steinberg is far from having 3 billion USD available ;)

edit: ech.. whatever.. its not a steinberg only thing... its the same with all civilizations, people, companies and products... sometimes i just freak out knowing that our progression is being slowed down on purpose..
nothing to see here.. move on...

Try to look at the bright side of things in life. Maybe there are actually some good things about us and our software as well. You never know! :)
by Ed Doll
Fri May 09, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: something is wrong with the mixer channels.

The minimal artifacts you point out are most likely caused by freezing the real time analysis and for sure not noticeable by the normal human brain. I can repeat the same test with a sinus or square and the signal + analysis is consistent every time.

To be clear, I don't say it isn't present on your system, it just doesn't happen on my system.
Why? I don't know, maybe buffersize, samplerate, type of wave files, accidentally used a stretch algo. etc.

Are the artifacts also present in exports?

Edit:
I did a very simple test for myself to be 100% sure my ears aren't letting me down.

I've added 8 duplicates of a white noise burst (with silence in between) on a track. I've recorded the playback of that sequence with a digital loopback.
I opened that recording in Adobe Audition's multitrack on two different tracks.
I moved the audio on the second track backward by exactly one burst. So the first noise burst on track one is exactly aligned with the second noise burst on track two.
I flipped the phase of the second track and played both tracks together. The result is null for all the seven remaining bursts, as expected. If the playback was inconsistent on my system they won't null out.
by Niles
Sat May 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First of all your frequency analyzer should update as fast as possible. When you set a decay it should not exceed the length of the sound. Otherwise you'll rather see an average or overall result over a period of time instead of real time results.

Easier is a sonogram display though, because it can show you the differences of several cycles.

I've attached a sonogram display of a kick sample looping in Cubase.

Maybe upload the audio file of the recording, so we understand what differences you hear.
by Niles
Sat May 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can only say my sound is consistent and my metering is consistent. Whether it's Digicheck, SPAN, MAnalyzer or Cubase's Master meter. They all show the same identical value's over and over again when the same material is played.

I could upload a video, but the actual real time very fast frequency updates of the different meters will be lost in the recording process due to the framerate in combination with the high resolution of the video. So that would be pointless.

What's the result when you re-record the duplicated audio events in real time and open that recording in an audio editor?
by Niles
Sat May 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you hearing a difference, or are you seeing a difference?

Maybe pop the original sound in the video so we can actually hear what you are referring to.
Those meters tell us nothing without the actual sound. Forget about the momentary loudness meter for this kind of measuring, rather show real time peak or RMS. Or at least reset the meter so we can see the true peak.

MultiScope isn't really a reliable tool for these kind of measurements. And the Fabfilter analyzer doesn't tell much without knowing the exact settings of what is measured how.
Maybe try Voxengo's SPAN , it's free and adjustable.

I can say it's not a Cubase error in general, because despite the fact MultiScope displays strange graphics, my sound is exactly as it should be every beat. So I can't confirm.
by Niles
Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *magic* sends?

Aha, you need to set the sends as pre-fader instead of post-fader and they'll be independent of the channel fader then. Maybe this will almost provide you with what you need?

Mike.
by GargoyleStudio
Fri May 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Issue with Macro

I'll do some screen-shots of my method. I'm warning you, it isn't elegant but it works! :D

Alistair

sweet, thx=)

>lol, ive learnt that looks arent everything :P - its got to work too:P

edit: i omitted the not needed commands above in the v1 post
p.s. when it asks to replace events-> what does this mean? - if i click yes or no, it all turns out the same.. lol

The Replace Event dialogue comes from the Bounce command.

Here is the Macro with the two PLE Presets it uses:

http://puretone.nl/pics/Bounce%20to%20Audio%20with%20Tail.png

One word of warning, you must NOT have delete overlaps set to on or it can delete parts! (And if there is anything behind the selected clip within the next 4 Bars, that will also be bounced. Just delete the excess length...)

At some point I might replace parts of my "Reversed" Macros with a call to this Macro. For now I've spent enough time in the Macro editor! :D

Alistair
by UnderTow
Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crash recovery

Definitely a very useful feature since Cubase crashes often.

+1
by kotsias83
Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [POLL] Are you using media bay ?

I use the MediaBay a lot. It´s super handy. Luv it!
Great tool ...but sadly very underrated...

very nice and apparently uniquely: you can step through VST presets while playing - without loading any VSTi (!) - if you like a preset press Enter or dragdrop - instrumenttrack with the corresponding VSTi will be loaded automatically...

oh, and I really love the search functions!

the user should deal with the MediaBay - and don´t be afraid!
:)
by Centralmusic
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Looking for software to test cubase midi out timing

No prob, sorry that wasn't what you were looking for!

If you run into a dead end ... the author of that article (Martin Walker) is probably as well-acquainted with the sort of testing you describe as anyone on the planet, and he is eminently approachable on the SOS forums, even by PM (the forums can be linked to from my previous post).

Good luck!
by alexis
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Looking for software to test cubase midi out timing

not sure, but would MIDI-OX not be able to do this??

http://www.midiox.com/
by humpo72
Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Realtime Dynamics Mapping

Specifically for Velocity, you can use Track Quick Controls to automate (in realtime) the "Velocity Shift" parameter in the MIDI/Instrument track's Inspector. (but of course, one track at a time though)
by vic_france
Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cinematic Kit 01 not loading

i think that it's normal beacause it's a groove agent preset. Halion recognize the vst preset, but not load it. Same issue here!
by raffo79
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free warp mode mod

I'd like to see this feature as well, also.. what's up with the warping limitations?!
by Wallengard
Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why cant i get an answer from Steinberg?

This is going well past the topic, but still...

No offence taken and no need to apologise.
I consider feedback from the users to be very important, so keep it up.

As per going the "extra mile", I guess you refer to what I said about duties. If so, in every company there are duties for each employee and department. It is matter of correctness and respect for the other colleagues to stick to mine. Just that. But I like what I do here and take pride in saying that I ran the "extra mile" a few times ;-)

Have a good one yourself!
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Acidized wav bpm?

120bpm is the default acid tempo in the Meta data chunk...If the original "creator" never went into the prefs, all the exported acid data is set to 120bpm.

MediaBay reads this Wav chunk and assigns the Tempo field to 120bpm, overiding the actual length/bars calculation.
by Discoworx
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Neue Synthesizer für Cubase

Ich würde mir neue Synthesizer für Cubase oder wenigstens von Steinberg wünschen.
Ich würde auch dafür zahlen.
Aber keine altmodischen Synthesizer wie bisher, sondern moderne.
Der Retrologue klingt gut, aber analoge Nachbildungen werden langweilig, weil es zu viele davon gibt.
Ein moderner Synthesizer muss her

Eine Konkurrenz zu folgenden Synthesizern:
- Xfer Records Serum
- Lennar Digital Sylenth 1
- Sonic Academy ANA
- Reveal Sound Spire
- NI Massive
- KV331 Synthmaster

Also quasi einen Synthesizer auf EDM zugeschnitten.
Soll schön nach Plastik klingen.

Das wäre mal klasse.
Ich nutze schon immer Cubase, für mich auch immer noch die beste DAW.
Aber in Sachen modern hinkt Steinberg immer etwas hinterher.

Warum nicht einmal den ersten modernen Schritt vor einem anderen DAW Hersteller machen?
Seid mal moderner und bringt knallige Synthesizer raus die den Sound in Big Room, Progressive House oder Trance neu aufwirbeln, dann bekommt Ihr auch noch mehr Kunden.

Lasst es mal krachen.
Mit einer Neueinführung von Groove Agent reißt Ihr nichts vom Hocker.
Knallen muss es!

Bringt doch mal einen geilen Kickdrum Synthesizer der es knalle lässt.
Einen Synthesizer extra nur für extreme moderne Wummerbässe.
Plastik pur!!!
Greift Euch die Zukunft.

Ein LFO Tool in Cubase fände ich auch nicht schlecht.

Passt Euch doch bitte auch den Musikern elektronischer Natur an.
Lasst es mal krachen.

Welcome to Future.
Aber bitte nicht altmodisch.

Danke.
by VirusTI82
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: aero look like xp

well.. if you turn aero on, start cubase, then turn it off.. it will work, at least in the rudimentary way of 'work', i don't have time to really explore now. if it really is an arbitrary requirement then maybe someone can write a startup hack so it thinks it is on.
by lukasbrooklyn
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic