Search found 15 matches

Return

Re: Multiple Midi devices (UM3EX + Raydat midi)

No problem using multiple midi interfaces.
by beatpete
Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can't get into the Steinberg site.

The site was closed down for a while recently
by beatpete
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

H2E content won't install

When I try and install H2E content, I get a prompt saying "another installation in progress" when there isn't anything else running (I even rebooted). Any ideas?
by beatpete
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: H2E content won't install

For anyone else with this problem, I went into the folder "additional Content" and then "VST Sound" asnd ran the content.msi from there and it worked.
by beatpete
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 & dual octocore cpu

Personally, I'd get a 6 core single cpu for a lot less money and update again in a couple of years.
by beatpete
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does bounce treat variaudio data ?

It would be nice to get a confirmation fro a mod on this. For most stuff, I get into the habit of copying and deactivating the copied track to retain the Variaudio info.
by beatpete
Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

Preferences/VST/Plug-ins check "Plug-in editors "Always on Top"".
by beatpete
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

soundstudio wrote:
beatpete wrote:Preferences/VST/Plug-ins check "Plug-in editors "Always on Top"".

naive. how you do it will work on two monitors with the mixer on one of them? monitors are located one above the other. stretch across two monitors main window I will not!

Sorry, I have only one monitor.
by beatpete
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wich versions has VSL , Vst system Link ?

Wich versions of Cubase has Vst system Link , Is it only "the big one" Cubase 7 that's got it ?

Note: I don't see many people using this feature (?) I do hope Steinberg never stops implementing it.

It's works great! I have Cubase 7 , and bought a second hand Cubase 5 wich I can run on my old pc wich I had no use of before. = lots of more proc.power for almost free
But I'd like a more contemporary version now instead of the old 5.

If you want to use 2 or more computers, this is the answer:
http://www.vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1685/1990/1680.htm

I's a bit pricey, but it works perfectly and no sound card is required.
by beatpete
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: multiple interfaces question

ASIO4all actually works very well. I have an RME Digiface (PCI) and occasionally I use ASIO4all to get sound from my Ipad (via Iconnectivity Iconnect2) and it works well. In ASIO4all I open all of my Digiface ins and outs (so Cubase still retains my input/output and Control Room routing) AND Iconnect stereo in. Actually, with just the Digiface I/O in ASIO4all, the driver is not much different in performance than the native RME driver.It's worth taking a look anyway...
by beatpete
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tune Up Utilities

I use Arconis and I make an image at least every month. also, when I do a clean install, I create a few images, one with just windows os (with all drivers), then one with all non music programs, then a final one with everything. This is great for trouble shooting.
by beatpete
Sat May 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Generic remote issue

Don't forget to assign each entry a different name and save the generic remote frequently. I only use the "selected channel", anything else changes from project to project.
by beatpete
Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Performance with 4790K CPU

I'm not sure but a computer builder told be that a a I7 4930k would be double the power of my current I7 970 (both 6 core).
by beatpete
Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Performance with 4790K CPU

Hey guys, the 4790K has been released for a while now and I was wondering how the performance is compared to an i7-940. Would be great, if someone who actually runs Cubase on an i7 4790K could share their impressions.

I am still contemplating wether to go with an i7 4790K or wait for the 5930K or even Skylake, since I don't want to spend money on a new DAW, if the overall performance boost is lower than 50%.

Thanks!

Don't forget, just installing a 6 core I7 970 into your current rig would probably give you a 30-40% increase in power (overclocked, I upgraded over a year ago from a I7 920 and got close to 50% increase)
by beatpete
Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mobile music production (a rant)

I don't think you can beat this for a band:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/Xr18.aspx/
18 inputs, 16 mic and 2 line and 8 outs with eqs comps, gates, 4 multi-FX and record 18 tracks via USB to your laptop for $699.
by beatpete
Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic