Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: A couple of questions about VariAudio.

Brock wrote:Can anyone tell me how I can hear both the click and audition audio without having to switch back and forth from using the main output and the Control Room?

Enable click In the Control Room, set the click level, and you should be able to audition both through Control Room
by Ian s
Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CC121 (eq part) vs. CMCQC (as eq controller)

CC121 here sweeps just fine. A couple of years back it was a bit jerky, but there have been a couple of updates to the cc tools that have smoothed it out just fine.
by Ian s
Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

As long as there are enough morons BUYING the updates/new versions, there will be no incentive to steinberg to fix these major bugs for free...

I'm not a long time user of cubase But I got allready a nasty taste in my mouth from this company...

I bought the last few upgrades, and don't consider myself a moron, nor my decision to do so moronic. In fact I consider it money well spent.

I fail to see what your post has to do with the topic of MixConsole focus.
by Ian s
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

Since C7 and MixConsole this has been something I've been aware of too. it's very easy to inadvertently alter something on the MixConsole.

I click on the meter bars to focus.
by Ian s
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.1 Issues

Here's the issues I've encountered so far in 7.5.10:

-The save popup shows up when closing a session even if no change was made since last save (was in 7.5).....

Same problem here with a variation, I have found sometimes after saving a project prior to exiting, the save pop up box comes up again when trying to exit.

same here with another variation - it behaves that way in 7.06 most of the time, and a bit less in 7.5
by Ian s
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Stealth wrote:Select midi event(s) in the project/arrange page then Shift + up or down arrow key to change octave

I never knew that. Stunning tip!
by Ian s
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Don't know if my tip is already posted in this thread ( sorry, thread is just too long to read all).
But a way to delete a plugin from the Inserts pane in the Inspector in the Project window:

Just click the plugin and drag it out of the slot: It will be deleted from the Insert Slot !! :D
I can't remember from which person i got this info but i really want to thank him and i assume this workflow is faster than
opening the plugin choose window and choose "no plugin" 8-)
How simple and nice can things be ... yikes !

Nice one!
by Ian s
Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remove a single note from recording

Thanks fizbin, but no - there were quite a few mikes, but it was a semi live recording of a brass band. Alas, the duff note was played by my good self too!

Ian - that is a solution I am considering. I'm just a bit surprised that Cubase doesn't seem to have the ability to higlight a small section the track and apply unique tone settings without having to resort to automation strategies or your suggested solution.

Appreciate all the responses.

Martin

If I want to do that sort of processing to a small section of the track, I'll often make a duplicate track, snip both tracks around the section,mute/delete parts so only the section to be processed plays in the new track and vice versa, then bounce and apply the processing to the new track thus avoiding doing any faffy automation and giving a lot more flexibility and ease of mixing also. Once convinced I'm happy I'll bounce the 2 tracks back together if it's a big project and I want to keep the track count sensible.

All this is much quicker to do than to type about! It's basically doing just as you suggested - highlighting a small section by spinnining it off to a new track...
by Ian s
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

xphen0m wrote:I absolutely love how MIDI notes have a corresponding color for their velocity in the piano roll. I loved that in REAPER and I love it here. :)

That's been around for a long long time - since C5 at least. It's the default colouring option - others being MIDI channel etc.
by Ian s
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I have C5 - C7.5 all installed. No issues.
by Ian s
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic