Search found 9 matches

Return

Feature requests about ADR

Hi!
I thought that I collected here few ideas that have come up to me while doing ADRs with Nuendo6.
These ideas are copied from another post but I think a dedicated topic about ADR and Nuendo would be nice so here goes.

1. It would be cool to be able to do ADR that´s based on cycle markers and use all the other implemented great ADR features AND get the recorded file to be named according the cycle marker.
Like first part of the file name would be characters name, then something like first two words of the line at hand... And then a cascading take numbering...
Files would be named like this: "frank_hi, great to see you" and then a cascading number for take number...

2. I`d love to be able to choose on what lane the next take would be recorded. This way it would be easier to organize recorded material while recording. Move up and Move down functions are great, but still Id love to be able to choose the lane beforehand recording...

3. Sometimes it is needed to trim start or end of the recording while doing ADR just to check takes. It has happened to me few times that when doing so I accidentally trim at the same time the relevant cycle marker.... Not nice. Some other way to prevent this other than locking marker track would be cool.

4. I'd love to have a key command that would mark which one of the takes is the chosen one.

5. While reviewing a take the input monitoring would turn it self off automatically. I know about tape machine like monitoring option but this would turn monitoring off only when inside current cycle marker. This way I could hear talent always exept when reviewing a take.

It can also be that I have not learned everything and these features are there already. If so please educate me.
I believe that all of these features would improve ADR work flow and also made easier when collaborating with pro tools rigs.

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feature requests about ADR

Huhuu! Anybody home? ;)
Boy it is quiet around here...

6: Open ended recordings. This would be a nice add on on your palette when working with talent.
7: To be able to record multiple dialog lines in one take so that written dialog would scroll along.
8: Recording so that talent says his/hers line after the original line is played without having manually mute the original sound track. In another words, automatic mute (all but the mic line) after the line that needs to be replaced is heard. And all this with open ended recording (feature request number 6)

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUE] Clicks when video player on screen 6.0.6

Latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Tried also NDXHD codecs with no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards.

Next I´d try different QT versions. Even QT alternative.
Also GPU can cause troubles sometimes. I have no experience with Nvidia quatro. Maybe other users might jump in here. If GPU is the problem here maybe a Intensity pro video card might help.

Other than this I´m out of ideas. Sorry.

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: splitting a quad audio track/file into 2-stereo tracks

Does N5 have convert track function? Don´t remember any more.
If yes first split the original quad into 4 monos and then couple up first two and convert to stereo, then couple up third and fourth and convert to stereo...
If this not in N5 then use mixer delay for this. Do two quad tracks, both with the quad file on it. Then use mixer delay on first track to mix down channels 3 and 4. Then on second track mix down channels 1 and 2. And export if needed.

Bye / Tumppi

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Rickard wrote:I feel a need to chime in with my agreement around the disappointment that 6.5 will be a paid upgrade (this hasn't happened before) and that 6.0x is apparently not going to be completely fixed before the 6.5 release leaving us with no real choice but to pay for the fixes in 6.5.

Dean

+1
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice update Steinberg!

Thank you for this update. This is great. Especially ADR taker is now absolutely marvelous!
Track versions is also nice to have in the toolbox.

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feature requests about ADR

Hi!
Back to this topic just to say thank you Steinberg. Almost all points I made in this post are now implemented. :D
Now only to have this parroting style recording in would be awesome. And vocalign style of syncing recorded takes!

PT folks should finally admit that Nuendo is a great tool worth looking for.

Thanks!!!

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crossgrade from PT offer

Fredo wrote:So offering an crossgrade *now* is just laughing in the face of the opponent for no reason.

But again, just my opinion.
Fredo

Just like Avid would do...
Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic