I thought that I collected here few ideas that have come up to me while doing ADRs with Nuendo6.
These ideas are copied from another post but I think a dedicated topic about ADR and Nuendo would be nice so here goes.
1. It would be cool to be able to do ADR that´s based on cycle markers and use all the other implemented great ADR features AND get the recorded file to be named according the cycle marker.
Like first part of the file name would be characters name, then something like first two words of the line at hand... And then a cascading take numbering...
Files would be named like this: "frank_hi, great to see you" and then a cascading number for take number...
2. I`d love to be able to choose on what lane the next take would be recorded. This way it would be easier to organize recorded material while recording. Move up and Move down functions are great, but still Id love to be able to choose the lane beforehand recording...
3. Sometimes it is needed to trim start or end of the recording while doing ADR just to check takes. It has happened to me few times that when doing so I accidentally trim at the same time the relevant cycle marker.... Not nice. Some other way to prevent this other than locking marker track would be cool.
4. I'd love to have a key command that would mark which one of the takes is the chosen one.
5. While reviewing a take the input monitoring would turn it self off automatically. I know about tape machine like monitoring option but this would turn monitoring off only when inside current cycle marker. This way I could hear talent always exept when reviewing a take.
It can also be that I have not learned everything and these features are there already. If so please educate me.
I believe that all of these features would improve ADR work flow and also made easier when collaborating with pro tools rigs.
Bye / Tumppi