Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Fretless Bass VSTi

So would you characterize it as worth the investment?

Also, does it support automation via MIDI CC? I'd like to control aspects of it in real time such as the maximum distance for a glissando vs. hammer on / pull off / two separately plucked notes, etc.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if this will help but this is from the wbsite:

"Legato mode: you can choose wether playing a legato will trigger Hammer ons, slides, sustains, or simply have no effect.
• The legato distance will define the maximum interval that in which the legato will apply.
• The release Volume: the sound produced when you release a string if a note was going on.
• Cabinet: you can turn the Cabinet simulation on or off.
• EQ: you can edit the Bass and Treble of the parametric EQ.
• The Sensitivity will set the minimum volume for velocity 1 and give you access to all the dynamics that you want.
• Chorus: As this is a fretless bass, we had to add a Chorus module, and you can change the Speed and Depth of it."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

And this:

"698Mb, 858 samples.

around 10 Velocity layers for the sustain.

around 13 Velocities for the release.

Hammer on samples.

Advanced Vibrato effect controlled via modulation wheel.

slides effects.

Harmonics, ghost notes, string hits samples.

Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features."

I don't know the depth of MIDI control/automation of this instrument but I do think it is very good value.
If you want more information, perhaps contacting the company support will get you sorted, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

Cheers :) ,

Mauri.
by Mauri
Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Holidays!! {'-'} 'Melekalikimaka'

I'm old fashioned and regard this 'holiday' period as Christmas, but whatever it means to you guys, have Happy and Peaceful one :) .

Mauri in Oz, (it's damn hot here)!
by Mauri
Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

@G-string,

Just to be back on topic ;), C7.5 works very well here. I realise, in comparison to many others here, I don't use large numbers (4-7 Omni, Kontakt, Trilian, Massive etc.) of VSTis but do use a lot of hungry VSTeffects, including 2 or 3 instances of Nebula with rather heavy presets. UAD plugs are a huge help.

I've learned to work with my aging machine, and what's funny, I don't feel like I'm missing anything :).

One thing about aging machines (not me!), you get to know them really well, and that makes for a stable system. It's a shame upgrading seems to become necessary sooner or later.

But...different strokes for different folks,

Mauri.
by Mauri
Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good PC for Cubase 7?

To 'stratosean',

Solid state drives are nice but expensive for the capacity, roughly a dollar per GB. You would probably need a large second internal hard disk drive for your projects, sample libraries and audio files to use Cubase.
In other words, solid state drives are cool but not necessary;).

Mauri.
by Mauri
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good PC for Cubase 7?

Hi,

You need to find out how many PCI and PCIe slots the motherboard has, depending on your needs, this is important.

Mauri.
by Mauri
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

iBM wrote:So when I discuss those features, you will not interfere? A promise?

Lol, if 'sycophant' is who I think he is, he is a serial pest. If he is not who I think he is, he is still a bit of a pest ;).

Mauri.
by Mauri
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7/7.5 parallel to Cubase 6 on the same machine

I've had C6 and C7 installed at the same time without any apparent problems. Just make sure they are installed in their respective, own folders.

Mauri.
by Mauri
Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dead Forum Society

This being the Lounge we should be allowed to have a bit of fun and levity. The world in general is these days so serious that even though this is a company forum we should have some leeway, within reason.

This place is so dry :( .

Mauri.

Bring back Paul and Azl...;).
by Mauri
Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does an opinion matter without experience?

matjones wrote:Dirty Harry's take ............ http://tinyurl.com/2cy7ujg

So the question becomes, 'do a..holes matter', except on the crapper... :P .
by Mauri
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anybody here from the good old days? (yrs2000-2005)

Sunshy wrote:More orderly here now, but also much more boring. A bit sterile :?

Two words, more bratwurst (or is that three?) :shock: !
by Mauri
Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 before end of 2014?

enjneer wrote:Well put, Curt.

Is this the guy waiting for Windows 3.1 to be patched?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415154116.407794.jpg

I think that guy might be Steve (SYNC), he keeps telling us he'll not upgrade any of his gear... ;) !
by Mauri
Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 eLicenser

Hi,

The dongle needs to be in place for you to use Cubase, also (if not already obvious ;)) make sure you have the latest eLicencer software installed.

http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html
by Mauri
Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 - coming soon?

Paul,

When I upgraded from C7 to C7.5, and when I was happy with that, I just deleted the C7 folder, that was ok here.

As far as jBridge goes, I expect you have the bridged plugins in a folder of their own? If so, all you need to do after upgrading to C8 is to point Cubase to that folder in Plug-in Information window.

I don't know about Groove Agent, I don't use it.

Mauri.
by Mauri
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite National/Folk Song?

'Whiskey in the Jar' is one of my favourites. I also like the russian national anthem although not so fond of their politics...

I also love the welsh national anthem, my wife is a welsh wench, look out when she loses it :shock: !
by Mauri
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic