Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Monitoring the Yamaha HS7's

Hi Mauri,

i certainly will do. As you can see there are two sizes (and i have ordered the smallest).

Thanks,

Paul
by monsterjazzlicks
Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost USB licenser

but.. where is suport for resolve this problem? it seems that steinberg redirect for distribuitors.. a serious problem that is easy to happen.. usb key e-licence may not be the best solution,

Support already contacted the user, so I don't get the point?

In case the user is not in the EU, then yes, MySteinberg re-directs to the Distributors (i.e. Steinberg Support USA, Yamaha Support AU, etc.). Requests within the EU sent via MySteinberg reach the Support Team in Germany.

Should not be that easy to lose it, as one should carefully look after the dongle. But can happen, yes.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This looks good - VST rack

This caught my attention.
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

Anybody tried it already? Seems like a perfect solution for Cubase limited VST slots.
by sonicstate
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Speculation: Cubase 7.5 OR 8.0 @ mps?

Hi guys,

only two more days to go and we will all finally find out what is new in the Steinberg world :)

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mixer idea

I had an idea last night after working on a tune with about two dozen tracks. Yes....another "what if?" idea. It's fairly painless.
Click Me
by Weasel
Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Extracting hiss

If you have Wavelab you can simply copy the Sonnox suite (DeBuzzer, DeClicker, DeNoiser) to Cubase' VST3 directory.
by marQs
Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PCI Express to PCI Adapter question?

Have you read this mixed review? Maybe worth trying...

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Adapter-Card-PEX1PCI1/product-reviews/B0024CV3SA

I've not tried PCIe to PCI a adapter for an audio card myself, but I tried a PCI to printer port adapter for a Motu midi router last year & never could get it to work. No biggie, I just used the midi outs of the Motu to my sound cards midi in.

Considering future continued use of my own Aardvark audio cards, which won't work with any OS beyond 32 bit XP anyway, as long as I keep using them I must stick with that. I may as well stay with legacy motherboards with the proper PCI slots too while I'm at it... not a problem using my work-around method of externalizing to beat the XP ram limit, therefore making a 64 bit system unnecessary. It's a matter of my own priority.
by SYNC
Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg Zero Downtime (very kool).

We wanted to do that for a long time. A nice feature I hope only few of you will have to use ;)
by Ed Doll
Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daylight saving changed = Cubase plugin rescan [again]

sychophant...you will not get the last word on this thread (as much as you seem obsessed with trying to do so) and you will not hijack it into your deluded dreamland where this is designed on purpose as a feature expecially for the glory of PC users. as i have said before...Enough Already from YOU.
by Blackout
Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Freddie for putting the record straight and in the process vindicating my position that this is a feature not a bug.

give up on the whole feature argument sycophant. you wont win that one. Unless you can explain why Mac users dont recieve this "feature" and can direct us to the page in the manual that explains this feature. We all know its not a feature. its a pain in the dang ass.

stop trying to make a nuisance of yourself on this thread trying to hijack it. youve done this enough times on other threads, arguing just for the sake of it. enough already.

This is obviously a very serious and dangerous bug lads. It's so serious it should be posted in the ISSUES section, as it will obviously get nowhere in the General section. General section is mainly for stuff that can be fixed by a short trawl for advice off other members and the odd notice by a moderator. The ISSUES section would be FAR better at fixing this abomination. Are we clear? :roll:
by Bantam
Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Freddie for putting the record straight and in the process vindicating my position that this is a feature not a bug.

give up on the whole feature argument sycophant. you wont win that one. Unless you can explain why Mac users dont recieve this "feature" and can direct us to the page in the manual that explains this feature. We all know its not a feature. its a pain in the dang ass.

stop trying to make a nuisance of yourself on this thread trying to hijack it. youve done this enough times on other threads, arguing just for the sake of it. enough already.
by Blackout
Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As an ex-teacher who has had to deal with the knock on effects of a classroom of computers and the time it has taken out of my schedule to sort it out, I find it diffucult to feel that this is a useful "feature" Psychophant. I am sorry but you are beginning to come across as the nuisance caller you can't get rid of.
by silhouette
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What !? it a behringer !

I'll lock this thread.

No one has said, or knows, what market the video was produced for, so this "debate" has no factual basis.

@roel, the comment "Native people of that region like that kind of stuff." is trolling due to it being insulting to those people. (also note that Native means something else in English than you think, possibly. It refers to the peoples who were here prior to 15th century European immigration.)

@Jaslan, Calling someone out for saying something racist is a provocation, so it falls under trolling, as far as the rules here go. If that's what you think, flag the post instead.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: X99 / Intel i7 5960 - Upgrade Complete

I had a similar concern a couple of years ago about obsolescence and my Aurora Lynx FW converter. I decided to try to get out from underneath the burgeoning threat got a Lynx AES16e AES/EBU pcie card. It turned out to be a good decision as when I put together the X99 rig I didn't have to worry about the absence of FW. They are reasonably well-priced and very high quality cards.
by cpechet1
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: X99 / Intel i7 5960 - Upgrade Complete

I see Asus X99 Deluxe mobo does not support firewire, that would mean users of some RME products would have to find another board. Any suggestions there?
Basically faced that dilemma when I got my motherboard, as it only has a VIA-based single Firewire channel and I have two RME FireFaces, 800 and 400.

I ended up getting a couple of cheap TI XIO22013A-based x1 PCIe cards from SIIG and Syba, as I couldn't run both FFs from one card for some strange reason, probably to do with the TI chip. They both run at up to 192k just fine.

However, the writing in on the wall for FireWire, with USB2/3 being prominent. I am just glad that I didn't have to replace my FFs just yet, as I am waiting for AoIP interfaces with low IO numbers to start arriving, as that interface is based on Ethernet, is expandable from multiple vendors using the same single ASIO driver, and allows audio interfaces to be placed remotely wherever one needs using cheap network cables and switches.
by Patanjali
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Windows 8.1 love thread!

According to Wired, and the Net Applications Data.
Windows 8 and 8.1 combined make up less then half of XP's install base.
Half of the computers in the world are running Windows 7.
And....

Windows 10 is looking a lot like Windows 7 in appearance.

Windows 7 here.

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/windows-10-attack/
by Rotund
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Please switch to an Aero theme" on Win 7 (discussion)

I mean, if someone really hates that bloody hell 3d glass blur effects, use Windows 8 instead.
(Windows 8's DWM is always-on)

Being a W7 user you'd have to be nuts to change to W8 now, with 10 being just around the corner. In my case it would literally take days to install and authorise all my software, no thanks.

Also, I can't believe Steinberg will ignore W7 user's bugs, seeing as W7 is still by far the most used OS.

W10 may change that, and I guess will eventually.

This was all said about Windows XP as well. I could be wrong but it crossed my mind that why should Steinberg waste all that programming time on an OS that, with even the most cursory of insider knowledge (mine), is very soon to go into liquidation. They cannot control their customers' choice of OS but they can control their own. That may be right or wrong but that's the reality. Some of us apparently also realised W7s inherent weakness and as soon as W8 appeared, jumped ship. A plus point was that W8 cost buttons. The minus was of course a reinstallation of our software but that is just bi-annual housekeeping anyway. Always a pain to get the broom out.
Pity about the timing though as this is the six month limbo before W10 comes out. I do sympathise.
by Bantam
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic