Search found 71 matches

Return

Re: A1 upgrade

You would be looking at Cubase Elements 7 if you want the latest dongle-free version. Unfortunately, I only see upgrades available from LE/AI 6/7. It looks like you would have to pay full price if you have AI 4. The price is reasonable, at least.
by Scab Pickens
Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Always show values of input gain, HPF/LPF filters.

+1

I don't understand why anyone would want information hidden that doesn't take up any more screen space when exposed.
by Scab Pickens
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EZ Drummer VST Help Please

For #1, check your preferences for MIDI -> MIDI File -> Auto Dissolve Format 0. If it is checked, un-check it.

Can't help right now on 2 & 3. I guess I'm supposed to be working :) .
by Scab Pickens
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it time to wash the Cubase 7.5 tshirt ?

Have you discovered any new bugs?
by Scab Pickens
Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How can I just record some piano midi and let Cubase fol

Both methods are OK but what if you could tap the tempo with your foot while playing, and use that info for feeding method #2 ? That should give you the most accurate tempo map since you were tapping it as you felt it while playing your part, instead of trying to recreate it afterwards.
[EDIT] I re-read the remainder of Dirk's post, and while the following method is basically the same, it does everything in realtime without having to duplicate the track then delete stuff etc. ;) )..

Well of course nothing prevents you from doing just that!.. provided you had a spare pedal that you can operate from your left foot (presumably, the right foot will be busy playing the piano's sustain pedal ;)..
You would open a 2nd MIDI track for recording, and use the Input Transformer to filter out the left pedal on the incoming piano track, and another Input Transformer on the 2nd track, filtering out everything except the left pedal. You would also use a 2nd module of that same Input Transformer, to convert that left pedal into some arbitrary MIDI note.
So at the end of your recording, you have both the piano Part and the tapping Part, all in the one pass, ready to perform the remaining steps in method #2 ;)

vic_france ...

you are a true gleaming gem of these forums!

( and thinkingcap, too )
by Scab Pickens
Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ezdrummer, multitrack/channel in Cubas LE5...? HELP.....

If I remember correctly, LE5 does not have the VST Instrument "Rack". Only Instrument tracks - which are limited to a single stereo output bus.

If that is indeed the case, you might be screwed.
by Scab Pickens
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recording Multi Instruments On Several Tracks

Togbish wrote:Or are we there already?

Pretty much.
by Scab Pickens
Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recording Multi Instruments On Several Tracks

Even with your LE5 version's included sounds, if you got a small MIDI controller keyboard - something like a Korg Microkey 37 - it would open up a whole new world to you, I have a feeling.

And even without a controller, you can always create a simple Instrument Track and "draw" in whatever you want.

It's a wide open world. Sounds like you are going to have some fun 8-) .

Good luck and happy music making!
by Scab Pickens
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problem exporting midi to audio in LE 5

Are you sure you are exporting the output bus?
by Scab Pickens
Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MP3 UPGRADE PATCH

I am new, and just bought wavelab elements 8 full version. It says I have 20 mp3 saves left and i have to get the mp3 patch. I was wondering, is the patch permanent? I make 10-40 mixes every week, and was wondering if the patch is unlimited. Or how can I save to mp3 unlimited times?
Thank you :)

Yes. It is a permanent, unlimited license.
by Scab Pickens
Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PC users: Flickering Timline is ridiculous

Stationary cursor with auto scroll enabled at high zoom levels induces seizures.

:shock:
by Scab Pickens
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No download version of Cubase 7.5 ?

Gooberg wrote:Hi , I have no Cubase yet but is interested to buy. I vent to Steinbergs online shop but there is only the boxed version. The alternative for download was greyed out and not available. Why is it so?

Because it comes with the required USB-eLicenser.
by Scab Pickens
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help me to retrieve a license from my another acoun

Where can I submit a support ticket?

Through your new MySteinberg account.

That will be too obvious :)

But I can't find it there...

I'm looking in MySteinberg -> MySupport (obviously) -> I have 2 options:
1.Steinberg distributors
2.KNOWLEDGE BASE

Where I can get the support from?

Hmmm ... when I click on "MySupport" it takes me directly to the "Create support request" page.

Could it be a location thing, I wonder? Where are you located?

You might need to get support through your local distributor.
by Scab Pickens
Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Activate HS2 trial??

skilleman wrote:
delgado wrote:Hi, just downloaded the HS2 trial and installed

:o

Hi Delgado,
Where did you download from?
I have spent the better part of today searching for somewhere to download the installation from.
Could you please assist me?
:)

S.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/tr ... _days.html
by Scab Pickens
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: xfer Cubase to another computer

Will there be any problem or complications installing my copy of Cubase LE 6 on my new computer? It was registered and activated on the old computer. Thank you.

Assuming you are using the Soft-eLicenser, not the USB-eLicenser ...

Install the latest eLCC on your new computer.

http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html

Then, go into your MySteinberg account and follow the steps for software re-activation.
by Scab Pickens
Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IK Multimedia CSR

... are you running the single plug-ins in Cubase as inserts and sends or through the TR CS suite in Cubase?

Single plug-ins (see screenshot).

I'm not a Mac guy, so I probably can't be of much help to you.

What I do know is that when I last re-installed everything from scratch on my DAW machine, I didn't install the original version of CSR (32). Is it possible Cubase isn't "seeing" the folder where the new versions reside? Can you locate the folder where the new versions are installed and make sure Cubase is searching that folder in it's plug-in paths? Maybe try moving the old CSR files so Cubase doesn't see them?
by Scab Pickens
Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Bit Of Help Needed Please (thanks !)

What do I do with these ISO's please ?? Do they have to be burned to a DVD or CD and then copied back onto my laptop ?? And if so, do I need special software to be able to perform this task ?? I have never done anything like this before so any help would be greatly received !!

Burn installer disks from the ISOs ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iso+disk+image+burn
by Scab Pickens
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: elicenser problem

The top topic (not announcements) in this forum (the sticky one) explains how to get a new activation code.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25117

thank u jaslan

On the left side click at "Activation & Reactivation"

i cant find ( Activation & Reactivation )
where i can find it
if u have direct link of the page please send me

MySteinberg has been re-designed recently. Expand the details of your software version and you should see the "Software reactivation" button.
by Scab Pickens
Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't find :( link ?

In your MySteinberg account, under "My Products" -> "eLicencers", is your old Soft-eLicenser listed with your Cubase AI 7 license? If so, expand the details. You should then see the "Software reactivation" button. Otherwise, under "My Products" -> "Software", your Cubase AI 7 should be listed. Expand the details and you will see the "Software reactivation" button. You will need your new Soft-eLicenser number (found in the eLCC app), to reactivate.
by Scab Pickens
Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay, it looks like you have your Soft-eLicenser showing up in MySteinberg now.

Are you sure you activated your AI 7 when you originally installed it? Did you happen to delete your old Soft-eLicenser from your MySteinberg account? That would have wiped out your AI 7 license giving you nothing to "reactivate".

I would be tempted to think that you never originally activated your software. However, I don't think you would be getting the "activation code has been used already" if that was the case.

This is starting to sound more and more like a case for official support. Have you sent a support request?
by Scab Pickens
Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Activate Cubase AI 5 without internet connection?

Well, more specifically, no internet connection on my DAW, I can't seem to find an option for activating via another computer, any idea how to do this?

Only possible with a USB eLicenser ...

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/sku/502009050.html

You would need to install the eLCC app on the internet computer to get the license on the dongle.

After that, you can move the dongle to your DAW computer.

Keep in mind that once a license in on the USB-eLicenser it can never be transferred back to a Soft-eLicenser.
by Scab Pickens
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eventide Ultrachannel Plugin FREE!

"neilwilkes" beat all y'all to it! :lol:

Not by much, though ...

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=60697
by Scab Pickens
Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would like a list of Sounds of Soul presets please!

OS? DAW (Cubase?) version?

For Windows 7 64/Cubase 7 64 ...

If you go to select a preset from within the Retrologue GUI, what do you see? You might need to set up your window layout to show the file location tree (see attachment).

Navigate to the location of the Sounds of Soul presets and click on it. You should now see only the presets from that collection. I'm getting 439 presets for Sounds of Soul.

For Windows 7 64 the location is Local Disk (C:) -> ProgramData -> VST3 Presets -> Steinberg Media Technologies -> Retrologue -> Sounds of Soul.
by Scab Pickens
Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update Plugin & Windows R6034 Error

MoBuc515 wrote:What are the types of plugs that have NO symbol sign?

That would be a 64-Bit VST2.X plugin within a 64-Bit Cubase.

A 32-Bit plugin is symbolized with "//" (approximately). A VST3.X plugin is "///".
by Scab Pickens
Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Record and monitor buttons greyed-out.

Do the tracks have an input bus assigned to them? Have your VST Connections settings changed?
by Scab Pickens
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Record and monitor buttons greyed-out.

Going back to what SP said, it isn't that. I inserted a new track last night and the record function worked fine until I changed drivers, it deactivated and wouldn't reactivate even when I changed back to the original driver. I use a Yamaha Audiogram 3 interface and the record function works fine. But once I change to a Generic Low Latency driver the record button greys-out and the track is no longer able to record.
Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this, please?

Mark.

Why are you switching drivers? First you said you switch because you don't need the interface while "mastering". Then you say that you can't record after switching drivers. Why do you need to record while "mastering"?

In any case, check your VST Connections and your track's input bus assignment after switching drivers. Or, just don't switch drivers!
by Scab Pickens
Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase AI - MP3 export plugin

Yes, unlimited MP3 exports (mixdowns) is a feature of the full Cubase version. So you would be wise not to buy it if you know you will be upgrading.
by Scab Pickens
Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: can't see Reverence in Elements 7

REVerence is not included in Elements. Full version only.

Take a look through your Plug-in Reference PDF. It will tell you which software versions have each Plug-in.
by Scab Pickens
Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: from C5.5 to the latest

samicide wrote:Thanks. I uninstalled everything then started all over with the iso then the update. The presets didn't come back after reinstalling everything but I found a solution on youtube, I had to copy some files around now everything is running well loving it.

Good deal!

8-)
by Scab Pickens
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing!
by Scab Pickens
Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cant hear vsts while i play guitar

Make sure the Omega ASIO driver is selected in device setup.

In VST Connections, create a mono input bus assigned to your instrument input on the Omega.

Create a stereo output bus assigned to the L/R outputs of the Omega.

Create an audio track (mono or stereo).

Select your mono input as the track's input.

Select stereo out as the track's output.

Make sure the Monitor Mix knob on the Omega is set all the way to "Playback".

Enable Record/Monitor for your audio track (you should be hearing your signal monitored from Cubase at this point).

Record your take. Disable the track's Record/Monitor status for playback.
by Scab Pickens
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Activation issue

No need to send a support request. Just log into your MySteinberg account, click on your Cubase Elements 7, and you should see the "Software reactivation" button. You will need to provide your newly created Soft-eLicenser number (found in the eLCC).
by Scab Pickens
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can I retrieve my Cubase 7 to another computer?

If you have Elements, the full Cubase installer is not going to work for you.

Try the Elements 7 trial version download ...

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/trial.html
by Scab Pickens
Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: set-up control room

Jarno wrote:Not sure if there is Control Room feature in Cubase 'Studio' version. If quite sure it's 'Cubase Only' feature, which means it's in full version Cubase only.

Just to confirm - I used Studio 5 for a couple of years. It does not have the Control Room feature.
by Scab Pickens
Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Durability

My current "permanent" installation ...

viewtopic.php?f=198&t=43658#p277105
by Scab Pickens
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: eLicenser - Poor Quality?

After having my original USB-eLicenser start cracking around the metal insertion tab (using it with a laptop at that time), I super glued it and wrapped it in electrical tape.

My current desktop USB-eLicenser is tucked safely away inside my PC case ...

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/ScabPickens/Music%20Gear/InternalDongle_zps26a03bc6.jpg

For a "permanent" installation this is the way to go. Not much of a solution for mobile users, I know.

The duct tape job on this one is a preventative measure. It's in perfect condition and I plan to keep it that way.

I think the USB-eLicenser is definitely more fragile than most common USB flash drives.
by Scab Pickens
Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase LE 6 upgrade

alawi1237 wrote:I got cuabse 6 le free ..

can i upgrade it to cuabse 7.5 artist??

Yes, you can ...

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... st-75.html
by Scab Pickens
Sun May 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase LE 6 upgrade

without any exception or conditions ??

If you purchase the discounted "upgrade" version from LE 6, you will receive a USB-eLicenser and a new activation code. When you enter your new Artist 7.5 activation code in the eLCC, it will "look" for your LE 6 license. As long as you have the eLCC installed with your valid LE 6 license you can download your new Artist 7.5 license to the USB-eLicenser.
by Scab Pickens
Sun May 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase upgrade - How to from a ways back?

Do I understand you right in that I can put version 7.5 over the top of an 6.02 install and it will update that? Or do I have to install fresh from scratch after uninstalling version 6.02?

Cubase 7.5 will install independently from 6. If you already have 6 installed, you don't need to do a thing. You might want to leave 6 installed for familiarity while learning the new features of 7.5.

I would install from the complete 7.5 ISO images in Fabio's link. First, install the latest eLCC and get your license up to date.

After that, you should be good to go.
by Scab Pickens
Tue May 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase LE5: Installation Problem on Second PC

You might be in this situation ...

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... enser.html

If you get a new Soft-eLicenser number, you should be able to log into your MySteinberg account and re-activate your software.
by Scab Pickens
Sat May 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recording Midi Track (Volume?)

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Anyone able to help here please guys ?? :? :? :?

Maybe try the Cubase forum?
by Scab Pickens
Sun May 18, 2014 4:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: stationary cursor

On the right side of the Auto-Scroll button there is an asterisk - Suspend Auto-Scroll when Editing. You probably have it enabled.
by Scab Pickens
Sun May 18, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is the cubase 7 multi user on the server?

Hi guys
Our media company working about dubbing,and we have many dubbing studios around the world.we would like to buy cubase 7 or 7.5 for more than 30 studios.but I don't know we have to buy many packages of software or just buy 1 package and many USB eLicencer.
--- is the Cubase 7 / 7.5 multi user or no? I mean install 1 cubase on many computers and use many eLicencer? or can we install a Cubase on the Server system and many user can use it at the same time and same project?

One USB-eLicenser per computer. A unique license on each ... "more than 30" Cubase licenses. Sounds expensive ...

But, if you truly have facilities "around the world" it shouldn't be such a financial burden?
by Scab Pickens
Tue May 20, 2014 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to play MIDI sounds in Cubase 7?

Hi Luis,

I looked through the HALion Sonic SE manual under Help > Documentation.

I didn't come across anything that tells me how to actually load HALion Sonic SE.

Is HALion Sonic SE a VST? It doesn't appear in my list of VSTs in the instrument rack, it is also not an option when I load an instrument track...

Actually I can't find HALion Sonic SE anywhere...

What's up with that?

I've been using Cubase for at least 5 years I can do alot of advanced stuff with it, but this is a mystery to me...

Cheers.

Are you sure it got installed? Does it show up in your list of installed programs in Windows? I believe the "content" should be on a separate disk (not the "full" HALion Sonic trial version, but the SE version). It might be worth re-running the complete installer. It should give you options of which components to install. The complete ISO images can be found here ...

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_cubase_7&L=1
by Scab Pickens
Thu May 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My laptop has been formatted!

zakiroyhan wrote:how to do software re-activaction?

Log into your MySteinberg account, click on your software version, click on Software reactivation, and follow the directions ...
by Scab Pickens
Wed May 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you are using the Soft-eLicenser, you will need to log into your MySteinberg account to do a software re-activation and get a new code.
by Scab Pickens
Wed May 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you download and install the latest eLCC from the link Joel provided?
by Scab Pickens
Thu May 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally got Cubase 7 running like C6, now onto C8

Shut up, Brains. Nobody missed you ...
by Scab Pickens
Sat May 24, 2014 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 trying to hear audio...

lpstudio86 wrote: ... but dont hear any play back after recording something.

Have you disabled the track's "monitor" button before playback?

lpstudio86 wrote:Also i cant hear the metronome.

Check your "VST Connections". Make sure "Click" is enabled for your output bus.
by Scab Pickens
Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supreme Requests

Cubase already has all the capabilities any producer could ever need or want! There is nowhere to proceed from here on in except to provide more and better quality plugins and maybe some 'minor' tweaks to the interface. Tell me who is going to pay a significant upgrade price just for an interface tweak? Exactly what 'practical' feature is Cubase missing? None! The logical conclusion from here is simply to provide more plugins and of higher quality, or else why should anyone lay-down more money for any future upgrade of Cubase?

Cubase lacking bounce-in-place is simply unforgivable! For crying-out-loud, it's 2014, what's going on over there Steinberg????? I do bounce-in-place every day in Presonus Studio One!

Hmmm ... :?

I'll crawl back under the bridge now.

:mrgreen:
by Scab Pickens
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Plugin Copy Limit

Grim wrote:Why on earth do you want a track with 48 padshops in it

My thoughts exactly. At least ... why 48 duplicates!?!

Seriously, what are you trying to achieve with such nonsense?

RecordForHim wrote:I just want Cubase to work.

It does.

System specs? Details ...
by Scab Pickens
Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: need best settings for full duplex

Full duplex ?!? Aren't you using the UR22 ASIO driver?

The best settings for recording are the lowest latency/smallest buffer you can get away with without experiencing problems.

Playback isn't so critical. I'll usually record at 64-128 and playback/mix at whatever I need to get smooth performance. Usually 1024 for mixing. It all depends on what your system can handle given your current project demands.
by Scab Pickens
Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UR22 Steinberg Cubase Ai Elements 7

With such a small amount of information given, start with this ...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10051
by Scab Pickens
Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to use VST SOUND INSTRUMENTS ?!

foxneil wrote:But no problem !I bought Cubase Artist 7.5, i'll install it =)

Thanks again for this great information.

Excellent!

I think you will have a lot of fun with Padshop.
by Scab Pickens
Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to activate, register and get Cubase LE running

i am about to receive cubase LE bundled with a phonic 12 firewire mixer,i am a bit confused about the above too.
I am logged in at the mo and cannot see any sign of 'My Steinberg'.
I can see user control panel but not 'My Steinberg'.
Can someone tell me what/if it is i am missing please?

https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html
by Scab Pickens
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 Problem Plese Help!

krisiumcubase wrote:No, I do not have it.
That means I cannot try it?

Correct.

krisiumcubase wrote:What about Soft eLicenser?

For the "Elements" trial, Soft-eLicenser will work ...

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/trial.html
by Scab Pickens
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to shift level of track that has volume automation?

"Lasso" all the automation points and change the value in the info line. They should all move by the same amount.
by Scab Pickens
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anybody here from the good old days? (yrs2000-2005)

Things got a little ugly around here for awhile. There were a few members banned which I did not agree with. I think since that time people have been a little apprehensive to "let loose".

For what it's worth ...

I was a long time reader of the old forums, but only made one post shortly before the new forums started. If it wasn't for the knowledge shared by so many kind folks on Cubase.net, I would have never successfully built the DAW computer I am still using today and would not have had a clue where to begin with my Cubase experience.

To those who have put in the hard work from the beginning and are willing to share their knowledge, THANK YOU!

8-)
by Scab Pickens
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Joe Sample

“Unfortunately, in this country, there’s a lot of prejudice against the various forms of music,” Mr. Sample told The Los Angeles Times in 1985. “The jazz people hate the blues, the blues people hate rock, and the rock people hate jazz. But how can anyone hate music? We tend to not hate any form of music, so we blend it all together. And consequently, we’re always finding ourselves in big trouble with everybody."

8-)
by Scab Pickens
Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TASCAM US-1800

Correct driver installed for your operating system (which is ... :? )?
http://tascam.com/product/us-1800/downloads/

Interface powered on before launching Cubase?

Are you saying the TASCAM driver does not show up as an option in the Cubase Device Setup?
by Scab Pickens
Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase 7 usb e-licenser

kerkenat wrote:Is it even required for the 30 day trial?

For the "Full" version trial, yes.

For the Elements trial, no.
by Scab Pickens
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: help with small matter that is driving me crazy please

I tried using that before & got an answer a good few weeks later! They did apologize but that didn't help me at all.
I'm sorry but Steinberg used to be fantastic when I first bought Cubase but now it is awful & to be able communicate with them on just an acceptable level is really difficult. If the software was free i'd understand a little more but it's far from cheap & surely they should at least be bothered to communicate properly with their customers, don't you think??

Yeah, sure ... I think.
by Scab Pickens
Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove agent 4 Poor information and Support

Good luck with Pro Tools. I wish you the best of everything 8-) .

It was great getting to know you through your one post.

This isn't an inexpensive "hobby". Sometimes the features you desire do indeed require an upgrade :| .
by Scab Pickens
Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assigning a group track as the Input to an audio track

Elphaba wrote:Is it something you can only do with a full version of the software?

Yes.

Recording from busses is not possible with Elements or Artist.
by Scab Pickens
Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Exporting a project.

Are you sure you don't have your locators reversed?
by Scab Pickens
Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5

Launch Cubase 7.5 and open the project.
by Scab Pickens
Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trying to find an mp3 encoder update rather than upgrade

Only the "full" Cubase comes with unlimited MP3 encodings. It looks like there is a discounted upgrade from SE3. Anything older than that, you are probably out of luck.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-75.html

You could always mixdown to WAV and use a free downloadable WAV -> MP3 converter outside of Cubase. Be careful, though. Many will try to sneak in some crapware during the installation process.

Google "free wav to mp3 converter".
by Scab Pickens
Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic