Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: EQ and High Cut Resonances

Hi all,

for those interested, I confirm that the filters in the EQ section are 12dB and that the response received and posted by "mbbx5aw2" is correct, except for the difference between the two EQ section filter types.
Please read the details below:

Type II reacts to Q-factor and can be adjusted to a very high resonance, Type I reacts to Gain, with a rather subtle resonance. That is for compatibilty reasons. Type II was introduced with StudioEQ. Type I is the old Channel-EQ.

For small values of resonance they can be set to be (almost) identical, for example:
Type I Highpass: Gain 0 dB, 1 kHz, Q 1
Type II Highpass: Gain 0 dB, 1 kHz, Q 4.1

Hope this helps.
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 /8.5/9...

Workflow is everything, plug-ins are nothing. I can buy the third party plug ins(fx and instruments) and tailor my sound canvas EXACTLY as I want it like that. I CANT buy general workflow in Cubase from a third party developer, it has to be supplied by Steinberg and this is their job to do. Not to cater for any special type of music, like EDM for example just because it´s massive right now. Maybe in 5 years time EDM is really tired and FOLK is the s**t.. Then Cubase need to be just as good for that.
We must avoid bloat as far as possible and building in lots of synths, "phat edm" fx etc is not the way to do that.

Keep it clean, buy what YOU need and do not make others with no interest in your specific needs pay for it.
by claesbjo
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lo-cut & hi-cut: not only 24dB

Hi,

I'd like to select the curve of pre-filter, also 18 dB, 12 dB and 6 dB. This makes usable the pre-filter (24 dB is too much and not natural).
So we can use eq bands 1 and 4 for other fine tuning as well, avoiding open some other stuff on insert.

Make the MixConsole more real console! :)
by lordadb
Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why Does Cubase Rune My Creativity Every Time?

So I feel like doing some music for the first time in a couple of weeks, boot up Cubase and it has decided to scan EVERY SINGLE NOTE again. :twisted:
I have a lot of notes.
I am still weighting music heavily towards having more and more of them .............. but Cubase converts every one of them into tiny, little runes ..... like zeroes and ones, at the atomic level, inside a silicon chip!

And before anyone mentions time changes, it is irrelevant, it happens with every time signature I have used, 7/8, 9/8, 5/4 ..... all of them ....... because Steinberg have had years to connect the time sigs.

This is a common thing with Cubase, my random, pointless notes happening at inconvenient times from my skill, or lack thereof, to make music.

In Life, I can get started faster and get ideas down much faster on paper, but the mixing/sound is not as good, so I prefer Cuabse overall, because it is so frustrating when my brain freezes, yes .... I get virtual cortex blue screens (Yes in 2014! Miles did an album about it .... Kind Of Blue) which generally throws a spanner in my cranial works.

Steinberg are so completely the obvious solution to fix simple issues of my, otherwise, analog workflow (drawing flyspecks on notation paper).

I always say "Sort simple things out before adding more bells and whistles". Like doing the guitar overdubs before adding the tubular bells and penny-whistles.

But I know this will happen, as they are neither negligent, nor purposely making there (they're, their) product half finished so that everyone buys the next update in the hope they will be fixated on some new feature set.

I am in the process of going through all my Cubase projects and bouncing all over the studio all happy and gleeful, and when I am done, I am going to smell Cubase, the way I used to open vinyl albums and whiff in the *flower* essence, like perfume.

My notes have finally finished scanning, rant over...........

Spooference
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=57935
by swamptone
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where is Steinberg?

I'm a little worried?
-Various documentation not being updated

Which one exactly?

-Many new mods doing close to nothing - or handling level 1 knowledge posts

True but this is simply because every support team member here in Hamburg gets moderator status automatically. We have added several new members to the team but our focus still is on emails and phone support. If time permits, we do more than just moderation and first level support here as well.

-Forum buggy

Any examples?

-Old features not being enhanced to match current Cubase or time
-Updates/Fixes coming in at an alarmingly slow rate
-Many *universal* workflow enhancements being ignored
-great ideas not being implemented

We love great ideas but it's always a matter of priorities and even greater ideas that need to be implemented first ;)
These points could start another discussion I'd rather avoid as we have many of these in this forum already. We try our best to make it right for everyone which is not always possible.

maybe i am disillusioned, or not in a musical state of mind atm to notice these things.. idk...
Many times I think that it would take me 1 month at HQ to fix things up and propel the software and the company to where it should be in 2014.
It cant be because of missing money as yamahas net sales last year was something like 366 Billion Yen (over 3 billion$). - So what is it?
Are the original Devs still there? - How many Devs are working on what?
Are you giving up?
Do you need some help from advanced beings?

Thank you for the offer but we are fine and some of the developers from the beginning are still here. Even Charlie Steinberg says hi every now and then. As an independent company under the Yamaha umbrella, we do add to the Yamaha revenue but we still have to work with the money we make ourselves. Without getting into trouble, I can reveal that Steinberg is far from having 3 billion USD available ;)

edit: ech.. whatever.. its not a steinberg only thing... its the same with all civilizations, people, companies and products... sometimes i just freak out knowing that our progression is being slowed down on purpose..
nothing to see here.. move on...

Try to look at the bright side of things in life. Maybe there are actually some good things about us and our software as well. You never know! :)
by Ed Doll
Fri May 09, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essential EDM plugins

Threads like this make me weep for the future of humanity.
by JMCecil
Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you have 1 ELicenser for a laptop and home computer

Can you have 1 eLicenser and have a laptop and home computer run cubase al or le or can it only be 1 at a time .

If you are using the Soft-eLicenser, you can only use it on one computer. If you purchase a USB-eLicenser and transfer your license to it, you can swap the "dongle" from one computer to the other allowing multiple computer usage.

Still, you will be able to run only 1 instance of Cubase at a time.

If you want to be able to run one instance of Cubase on your laptop and another instance of Cubase on your home computer at the same time , you will need to purchase a license for each instance.

Best,
Dirk
by Dirk Stegemann
Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SOLVED]Info about Cubase Elements (academic, two comput

Hello,

Scab Pickens wrote:Elements does not come with a USB-eLicenser. You would need to purchase it separately.

Thank you for the correction, I had a big lapsus Brutus and completely missed the Elements part, thought all the time it was Cubase Educational (full version)

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how to copy license to two USB elicense dongles

Free range threads taste better than those raised in captivity.

Sorry 'bout that. :)
by ChrisDuncan
Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: midi editor

To be clear, as some of use who are sticklers for clarity, if not a down right Hippie over it, especially when reading a scholarship winning post of clarity like this! :lol: ....

You of course are referring to to 'some version' of Cubase you're using that you find it's hard to compose within it's midi editor. And you find that when comparing it with Fruity Loops, which I would assume that you've become comfortably familiar with and used to for your 'composing' (or composting) skills...ahem...what ever THAT may be is anyone's guess judging by your astounding abilities to convey & articulate.

Anyway, depending on how you compose...what...with a mouse? A midi keyboard or midi guitar controller? Drag N' Dropping pre-made midi compositions, such as those which offer complete song arrangements within different genre's of music - you can throw us all a bone at any time here - you simply open & use a keyboard midi editor and by whatever means, enter your midi into your track(s).

I tried Fruity Loops several years ago, and what I recall the concept of 'blocks' that can be copied/pasted/repeated was completely new to me at the time. When familiar with Cubase, it can be similar...'blocks' can still be visualized in the same way, cut/copied/pasted/moved etc to repeat, say verses, and choruses etc to 'compose'.

If I'm way off on answering properly & correctly, I only have YOU to fully blame :!:

You may now THANK me :mrgreen:
by SYNC
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys...

I feel really bad because, I'm always thanking people for their help on this forum. But in return I'm of little to no help :(. Which whenever I make a new topic asking for help, I feel bad because I have no thanks, it's almost like bad karma in my opinion.

This isn't true in life for me because it's always the opposite, I'm always helping people all the time, without asking for anything in return and I never want anything in return. Afterall, you reap what you sew.

I don't really know everything about Cubase, because I've self taught myself everything I know without reading anything in the manual (I've read one small topic about Input Transformers, that's it) and you know what? I still don't understand Input Transformers because of reading the manual. I know how they work, just never worked out for me for what I was trying to do :) All I really use Cubase for is sequencing and arranging anyways, but still, wish I could help people out on here more, it really sucks seeing someone elses post and seeing them all frustrated, because I know exactly what that's like when they can't get help. It's really great to solve someone elses problems in Cubase so that they can continue expressing themselves as musicians and/or producers.

So in the future if you see my posts, I'm sorry I have no "Been Thanked", forgive me, I have tried :) it's the thought that counts.
by Hypergenesis
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please update the Audio-engine to x64bit double precisio

Anyway ... from the "official" comments, it sounds like they are already working on it. Time will tell

Hope I didn't give the wrong impression - there is nothing official in what I wrote and I'm sorry if I chased hopes.
I posted only out of personal interest. By "we will eventually get there" I only meant that making the jump might make sense from a coding POW in the future (and that's only my guess, I'm no coder... and couldn't write a single line beyond SQL/PHP/HTML/CSS... perhaps a telephone list in C or Java :lol:).
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Antares Kantos and Celemony Melodyne ... You're history

[I had the privilege of playing Joseph in 9th grade. Ahhh ... memories!

That is (was) soooo kool! 8-)

It's the type of thing that stays with you for the rest of your life.

Builds confidence at an early age and let's you know that at any time if needed;
you can 'step up' and do the job.

No fear. (or at least controlled) :) :)

Sending much Aloha.
{'-'}
by curteye
Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic