Search found 33 matches

Return

Hahahaha!!!!! I've lost it.

This loss of mouse scroll wheel function every single time I load mixer settings or import track archives has made me crazy past the point of being angry; I just think it's hysterical now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: After using C7.06 for 2 months straight and doing 4 full band EP's I can say that I'm going back to 6.5 for the time being. Channel linking is awesome, being able to add groups and fx to selected tracks is awesome and chord track is pretty neat-o but (in my humble opinion) everything else is not as fluid or just downright obnoxious to use due to the insane amount of clicking or waiting for buttons to appear on the mixconsole. I really, really do hate whining but I'm just venting. ..Oh.. The program seems super stable though; it hasn't crashed at all :)
by outloaf
Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do i access the vst instruments from the new mixer?

C'mon guys. Drop it.

This is going nowhere.

Let's make music. :) :) :) :)
{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you recommend upgrading to Windows 8?

Oh, no. We haven't had a platform flame war here in a long time. Please don't start one now.

Chewy
by Chewy Papadopoulos
Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CUbase 7.5…when?

Headlands wrote:Oh -- my bad!

In this case, maybe you could also post a screenshot as well :)
by forthwith
Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 doesnt free up memory between projects (OSX Lio

The purge command in the terminal window, solves this situation perfectly!
I don't see any problem to free up memory this way, makes absolutly no sense to restart your Mac :-)
by Rereracer
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 7 doesnt free up memory between projects (OSX Lion)

Hi there,

Looks like Cubase doesnt totally free up the memory when you close your projects
and load another one. That means , if you load many projects one after the other, you'll get a very slow Cubase and very little memory left , and consequently many disk swapping.
For instance, when I open a project that takes about 7 gb of memory, if I close it , Cubase still takes 2-3 gb of memory , unlike the 250 mb Cubase takes when first opened.

So, while this situation is sustainable if you work on 2-3 projects, if you need to open at least 10-15 projects in a short amount of time, you need to close Cubase a few times , then do the purge command in OSX terminal.

Kinda annoying isnt it ?

Maybe something to consider, a true purge of the memory when closing a Cubase project....
by rpaillot805
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.1 Vs Logic X Pro Test on Mac

There's more to measuring performance than seeing how many hundred reverb plug-ins you can run at one time. ;)

Geez, I'm glad finally someone finally brought that up! Some people are so consumed with benchmarks and technical data that they forget about what the DAW is really for....creativity. Granted, you need to be sure a system can handle your needs, but you also need to be realistic. If you need to load 2000+ MIDI tracks and 100 virtual instruments, is that practical? No. Is it a convenience? Maybe for some, but not necesary. Hans Zimmer does, but he has an assitant that runs his arsenal of slave computers. I know many pro film/tv composers using moderate setups using Logic X and/or Cubase. It really makes no difference on the DAW, but whatever you are comfortable with...period. I'm forced to use the elusive Pro Tools, but only for delivering final cues to the editors. It's the same with Mac and PC; both are excellent, but it comes down to personal preference (I use both in my studio).

Cheers! :D
by Wolfie2112
Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.20

9/4/2014

Never Forget
by orchetect
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 maintenance update available

Dear Cubase and Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

We are happy to announce the availability of the 7.5.20 maintenance updates for Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5. Both updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).

Improvements
• TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions
• Control Room Improvements
• Channel/track visibility: Key command for “Update configurations”
• Steinberg Hub: Remove recent projects from list
• Project window toolbar: Additional buttons
• New Preference: Record-Enable allows MIDI Thru
• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

Issues resolved
Project
• An issue that interferes with the "Save" and "Close" behavior has been resolved.
• Toggling between projects with a MIDI track located before an instrument track in the track list now works as expected.
• Rack instruments behave now as expected when working with several projects at the same time.
• Searching for hidden tracks using "Find tracks" now makes hidden instrument tracks visible.
• Unmuting a folder track now unmutes all tracks inside the folder as expected.
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" works now on muted instrument tracks.
• The behavior of side scrolling with a Logitech mousewheel has been corrected.
• "Import track archive" works now as expected.
• The preset name of the Track Control Settings is now visible.
• The navigation of the In-place Editor works now as expected.
• "Punch in" works now as expected in Re-Record mode.
• A problem involving the pre-/postroll time display in Japanese language has been resolved.
• Gluing two MIDI parts no longer leads to unwanted transposition of certain notes.
• Resizing parts in locked tracks is no longer possible.
• A visual problem with frozen tracks has been resolved.
• "Select Tracks with Same Version ID" no longer shows automation lanes of instrument tracks.
• Locked tempo/signature tracks remain locked after re-opening a project.
• The ¢ symbol of the time signature palette of the Score Editor creates now a 2/2 time signature.

Audio
• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• A rare problem in VariAudio that rendered the application unreliable has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• The "Replace by" offline processing function works now as expected.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.
• Closing the window after exporting MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Exporting a 5.1 surround audio mixdown with the option "Wave split file" no longer renders the application unreliable.
• A visibility problem of the "Resolve Missing Files" window has been corrected.

Instrument tracks
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" now works on muted instrument tracks.
• The name of the main output of an instrument is now shown correctly on audio returns.
• Unmuting folder tracks involving instrument tracks work now as expected.
• Muting instrument tracks and MIDI sub-tracks now works as expected.
• The "Mute" key command now works for instrument tracks in the Project window as expected.
• The preference "Select Track on Background Click" now works properly for audio return tracks.
• Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page.
• Selecting all inputs in the VST Instrument Rack now selects the correct instrument track.

Score
• Print out now works as expected in Cubase Artist.
• Activating the function "Animate Note Cursor" now works as expected.
• Key commands for all symbol palettes are now available.
• A problem with redundant and missing key commands has been resolved.
• Zooming behavior of the zoom tool now works as expected.
• Filter checkboxes now update as expected when key commands are used.
• The box symbol in the replace mode is printed as expected.
• Chord Assistant: The state of the cadence mode is now recalled correctly.
MixConsole
• Clicking on the EQ bypass button while holding the Option/Alt keys now works as expected.
• Load/save EQ presets are available again in the Channel Settings window.
• The solo defeat function of instrument tracks now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility syncing between MixConsole and Project window regarding instrument audio returns has been corrected.
• The function "Deactivate all mute states" now works as expected after selecting "Mute input" on virtual instruments.
• It is now possible to switch the visibility of collapsed folders that contain other folders inside the MixConsole.
• A rare graphical glitch on the horizontal scroll bar of the MixConsole has been corrected.
• Inputs and outputs can now be assigned using QuickLink on MIDI channels.
• A problem involving the visibility of the horizontal scroll bar in the MixConsole has been resolved.
• The preference "Select channels/track on solo" now works as expected when enabling the solo input of VST instruments.
• The solo button now works on external instruments as expected.

Automation
• The function "Activate/deactivate write (read) for all tracks" now affects the Quick Controls, too.
• Read mode is now enabled when pressing the write button.
• The command "Show used automation on a selected track" no longer opens the automation of the selected track’s group channel.
• "Delete automation of selected tracks" and "Delete all automation in project" are now available for audio returns of instrument tracks.

Plug-in
• The loading time of projects using HALion 5 has been improved.
• The Phaser plug-in works now as expected.
• An issue in VST Connect SE that may render the application unreliable under OS X 10.9 has been resolved.
• Saving the project under OS X while VST Connect SE is connected to VST Connect Performer now works properly.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7.5 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7.5.

Download

A detailed version history and the 7.5.20 Updaters are available here:

Cubase 7.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 7.5 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUES] VST performance related

One thing that might help, not sure if it's been mentioned yet..

Have you all tried praying to Jesus?

Chances are, you're more likely to find resolution there than here on this forum.

Good luck to you all.
by ARNK
Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Earth calling Steinberg support!!

cubase probs.JPG This is another problem that keeps popping up & stopping cubase in its tracks (please see picture)

Any ideas Steinberg please?

Who is the best person to contact at Steinberg? No one seems to ever get back to you on here , what's going on??

When I first bought Cubase you could phone up support & it was very good, now there doesn't seem to be any support that you can get answers from.
I really don't understand how they can think this is a good way to proceed. And if they don't think this is a good way to proceed they should just at least tell us what's going on.
I sent them a support ticket/problem a while ago now (about 2-3 weeks) I got an email saying they would get back to me soon about it but I still haven't heard a thing. There doesn't seem to be any way to check hoe the support ticket is doing or to re-send it or reply to them about it??? Maybe i'm missing something?? :?

If anyone from Steinberg reads this post could you please just send me a quick message or reply to show that it's actually being read. Thank you very much.
by Codsworth
Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UNDO for the mixer. Absolutely necessary!

+1

I personal wouldn't need to use this feature much.. but it can be very handy to have if you really f- something up during mixing.
Cubase and Nuendo have 10. 000 of other advance features + "anything else" that all other DAWS don't have ...so why should we be limit on this easy one.
by Freddie H
Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CUBASE 7.5 bypass plugin - different look

Yeah, getting sick of hovering, waiting, moving, hovering, clicking, missing, moving, hovering etc etc
Agreed.
When mixing you should "act" on the mixer, rather than think. A mix console is for an engineer what an instrument is for a musician. You must be able to learn to "play it" on instinct.......

........This is very difficult with the new Mix Console in C7/7.5 and Nuendo 6, and we can't "play it" as of now, as you have to stop - where is what? what are the status? what plugins are open? etc........... "Killing" the creative flow when you are in the "mixing zone" when all you want is to follow your "feeling" and direction of the song.

To take it to the extreme, it is almost disrespectful to mixing engineers, to prioritize "look" before functionality.
by iBM
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

especially the new mixer has to be used with the scrolling bar.
many people use the mouse wheel for that.
it often happens that you accidentially
have the cursor over a fader or knob while trying to scroll.
no problem in most cases but sometimes annoying because something
isn't right but you don't immediatly hear were you turned the wrong knob.

the other thing: you accidentially change an insert. no problem if its just an eq.
but i becomes a real problem if you use someting complicated like a huge rack built with guitar rig, fx rack with reaktor or simply something like a complex template for fabfilter volcano / timeless.

especially for edm guys it is a problem if they made a complex automation and have to go back to scratch if they didn't save while working half an hour to create that "big riser" before the "drop". it is easy to click and accidentially choose another plugin.

this is not a first person shooter were you loose credits when accidentially hitting a wrong target.
this is professional music production software. Undo is absolutely necessary.
by Cut-a-Corner
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: N6.5 Beta Tester

JoDell19 wrote:Hello Steinberg Officials,

How can I become a beta tester for N6.5?

Wait til release day ;)
by iBM
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since we are dealing with computers there is no reason why
EVERYTHING that is done (once the machine is up-and-running)
cannot be remembered and recalled.

Keystroke hackers do it all the time.

Paraphrasing Steve Jobs:
The 'undo' function is one of man's greatest achievements.
{'-'}
by curteye
Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don´t know why there even is a debate if there should be undo or not, of course there should be a mixer undo.

The other day I accidentally included a lot of hidden tracks when q-linking some visible ones for a re-routing operation, all tracks was re-routed and it was a mess to get back to the original routings. I wished for a undo then. This cant be prevented by automating stuff.

Same thing if you accidently remove a plug in, no automation will help you there.
by claesbjo
Tue May 13, 2014 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe you guys do it all the time, but I am not keen on using automation for mixer undos man.

It doesn't matter to me what a "system" did in the 70s. we are talking about a modern DAW system which we have invested a lot of time and technology into. This is not a console, right? If I wanted that, I could always branch out into the N12 or something.

What are you suggesting exactly, so I'm clear. You have all tracks armed for automation at all times just in case you need to step back for whatever reason? wow, not sure everyone would like that way of working, kinda sounds like a cluster-uknowhat. I'd rather not 'track' my moves that way, it feels like uneccessary project/arrangement complication, where I think we want it kinda tucked under the hood. Keep automation for music, undo as a utility!

That sounds as bad as the hoops and loops used to get a simple sidechain going. But again, I know people who love those kinds of journies lol... people were like "oh it's fine, just create 3 channels, go into options, send this and that, its easy" Bet those folx aint complaining about the little sidechain button. ;)
by mpayne0
Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A frikin UNDO button for the sloppy Mix Console

Since your engineers made it extremely easy for us to click on something in the mix console accidentally, how about an undo ? Like if you accidentally lower the volume fader on a track because the cluttered and sloppy console made it easy for that to happen.
by lowfreak
Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A frikin UNDO button for the sloppy Mix Console

Keep it the way it is!
If that's your statement, and personal opinion, please use your "expertise" and "knowledge" on other topics.
Let those who care for the topic discuss among themself. Maybe it will end up in some constructive ideas and solutions,and not another meaningless internet fight.

My statement, and personal opinion, is that the Mixer is a "mess" GUI wise and because of that also function wise. A seperate undo list for the mixer is very welcome IMO.

Before jumping at me: Yes, I like the Track/Channel Visibility introduced in C7/7.5 (alongside the Track Versions).
by iBM
Sun May 18, 2014 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 / 8 - 'Unlimited' Inserts

Two comps in a row is a pretty regular way to deal with sound, one with faster attack/release for peak control and one with slower settings that is used more as a sound shaping compressor.
by ErikG
Tue May 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Hello,

according to the release plan, Nuendo 6.5 will still be released in Q2 (end of Q2).
We are currently running final quality checks. More information on Nuendo 6.5 will
be available end of this week.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

+1 here, needs to be very separated from the standard undo though, like only available from a mixer menu or only available as kc when mixer is in focus.
by claesbjo
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't automatically activate remaining open project

So I have on project running.

Then for some reason I need to go through a series of other projects to locate something.

The problem is leaving the project I'm working on open is a pain because Cubase will automatically activate it once
I close the project I have just opened.

So I have to either let Cubase activate the main project every time which takes ages or close the main project before going through the other projects then re-open the main project once I'm done looking through the other projects. Neither is really satisfactory.

I can't see any use in this default behaviour so it would be very kind of you to turn it off!
by ControlX2012
Tue May 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OK, I'm Goin' Hog Wild: Get Rid Of Sends and Groups And

Fully agree with op!

Also, get rid of the dinosaur era way of doing things, Steinberg, just implement what works in the most useful simple DAW context and get rid of all the extraneous irrelevant superfluous olden day interface methodologies!

Don't be afraid to simplify for the sake of efficiency. Clean the house and throw-out everything that is not 'absolutely' necessary. Workflow need not follow a traditional mixer to the extent that the op stated, Cubase just needs to be practical, the shortest distance between two paths for any given task. Carve-off all the tedious less-used interface methodologies; Presonus Studio One has got this down to a fine art, just copy some of their methods and make us happy campers once and for all. Just examine the interface with a fine tooth comb and get rid of 'anything' that is not used 75% of the time; there is no need to try and be a million things to a million different people! That is where the interface becomes bogged-down when you try to make every option under the sun available, there is no need for so many options, keep it simple, no one can re-invent the wheel, dig me! Just keep things simple, how many times does it have to be said?
by godparticle7
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VCAs

Hello,

VCA faders are on our priority list, although it won't make it in N6.5.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stop adding exporting audio to the bottom of an arrangem

+1 this is another of those "been asking" for years.
by JMCecil
Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stop adding exporting audio to the bottom of an arrangem

definitely +1. it has been brought up time & time again though to no result.
by lukasbrooklyn
Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEK.

As a business purchase NEK is not expensive IMO. It's more the principal of getting it all when buying the flagship.
Nuendo may or may not be expensive, regarding what you are comparing aginst.

At least the NEK should be "opened up" in Nuendo to users holding both a Cubase and a Nuendo license. A no-brainer as I see it.
by iBM
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo + Cubase no NEK

Nuendo 6 Expansion Kit: Cubase Music Tools for Nuendo, is what they call it.

For users who have both Cubase and Nuendo, it would be sensible to be able to use those "Music Tools" in Nuendo as well. They should open it up for use in Nuendo, as it is installed together with the app. anyway (only a license teqhnical thing).

This should be a no-brainer IMO. Kind of payed for the tools via Cubase already :roll:
by iBM
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo + Cubase no NEK

I still fail to see how NEK makes financial sense for Steinberg or anybody else. Come up with a number of non-NEK Nuendo users (I believe it was said to be about 30% in the old and now deleted forum) and do the math. It just doesn't make sense financially. It's just nonsense perpetuated by stubbornness.
by Lydiot
Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When can we expect to see N6.5?

Thomas wrote:
TimoWildenhain wrote:Hello,

Nuendo 6.5 will be available in July.

Thanks,
Timo

2014 ???

by TimoWildenhain
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] Two mono files on stereo Track

Hi,

this is one that I would really love.
You can do this in PT, and it really helps with AAF imports that usually contain split stereo files.

I know you can convert split stereo to stereo interleaved, but as soon as a fade or edit is slightly off on one track it will not work anymore. I end up using two linked mono tracks panned hard left and right (emulating split stereo), but then if you search and drag something from the media bay or pool it will only drag the left side across (a major PITA)

I think there is room for improvement

Ollie
by Oliver.Lucas
Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic