Search found 14 matches

Return

[SOLVED] 7.06 import midi song files crashes Cubase

This issue was resolved with the 7.5 update. :D

When importing a multiple track midi song file Cubase 7.06 crashes. This did not happen in Cubase 7.05. I noticed if I change the destination import option in preferences to either midi tracks or Halion Sonic Se multi-timbral the crash does not occur. The crash only occurs when set to instrument tracks. Unfortunately instrument tracks is the one I need to use. Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks

Cubase 7.06 Error #2.jpg

Cubase 7.06 Error.jpg
by CWS
Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Miditracks sometimes not playing

Found the problem in my case. Look at top where your mute solo buttons are. For some reason when no channels are muted the (M) mute button remains highlighted. All I have to do is unmute and all the instrument tracks play fine.
by CWS
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tune Up Utilities

One suggestion for you is once you get your computer straightened out consider making a system image and store it on an external HDD. Whenever I install an OS and all the DAW programs fresh I always make a system image of it right away. This way if you ever have a problem like you are experiencing you can just rei nstall the system image verses having to re format and re install everything. (especially Windows updates what a pita).
by CWS
Fri May 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regarding the system image. You can find it in control panel Backup and Restore. :)
by CWS
Fri May 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Windows 7 one is great
by CWS
Sat May 03, 2014 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes that is it. Be sure to save on an external HDD using USB 2.0. Do not use USB 3.0 for the back up Windows does not recognize 3.0 when doing a restore.
by CWS
Sat May 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mine is around 95 GB and it will ask you where you want the image backed up to. Mine takes around 45 minutes...
by CWS
Sat May 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The size of the image is the size of OS and programs on your hard disc drive. Not sure what format the data is burned in.
by CWS
Sat May 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are welcome
by CWS
Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The prompts ask you where you want to save it to
by CWS
Mon May 05, 2014 3:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree . I never allow any programs to do automatic updates, I turn them off and do them when I want to. Look at windows services and turn them off ! :-)
by CWS
Mon May 05, 2014 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And yes you can do the backup using USB 3.0. If you would need to restore make sure it is plugged into a USB 2.0 port. WINDOWS 7, not sure about 8, does not recognize USB 3.0 during start up.
by CWS
Mon May 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing presets for 3rd party plugs after upgrade.

Try a rescan in media bay.....
by CWS
Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic