Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: How to copie compleet mixer settings to use in other pro

We really need something like PT's Import Session Data. Requested for "years".

I had high hopes to receive something like that with N6... instead of that we now have a total new GUI which nobody or at least very few of us really likes.. regarding all the other features I have all I need.

Just that damn session data thing..

As I said:

Setting up "fresh" songs is easy, there are countless ways.
Exchanging some settings via presets or "mixer settings" files later is ok.

But importing settings to an active session without the need to save, close, open another session, store presets and stuff, discard changes, close, reopen current session, import stuff, realize that you have forgotten something important... This is almost impossible without frustration.
Agree on all points.
The new control room - What are/were they thinking (close to useless in a full band recording scenario).
The new mixer - Nah, frustrating at best (some good ideas, but to much clicking, jumping and focusing around). Difficult to act without "thinking" (where are the foucus, where do I click etc), destroying the creative flow.

It would have been great if Steinberg gave us features we asked for, not to "revolutionalize" things we never asked for (things that are working well).

Needless to say, I have held back my N6 update (working happily with Nuendo 5.5 and C6.5).

We want some kind of Import Session Data ASAP.
by iBM
Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] View automation lanes layered on the audiotracks

This was asked for many times in the past, I just want to repeat this.

We need the option to view the automation lanes layered on the audiotracks. For a fast overview when doing volume automation, for a fast copy/paste of send-levels, and and and...
In PT it's such a charm.

When I want to see all my volume-automation in Nuendo, this doubles my track-account of an already huge film-session...
by Domilik
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Control Room Cue Send Setup with iC Pro App

I've just been playing around with the Cubase iC Pro app for Android with N6 and must say that using it to set up cue mixes is much more intuitive, faster and easier than trying to do it with the unpopular Control Room and the squashed up Cue Send rack on the N6 mix console.

For a start, all the faders are VERTICAL! - You just select the Cue Send you want to set up, 1 to 4 (although this should be 1 - 8 by now - we have been asking for this for what seems like years) and the app displays a vertical fader for every track that it is possible to include in a cue mix + one for the selected cue mix level itself. It is then simply a matter of switching on the tracks you want in the cue mix and setting the level and pan for each one.

This is how it should have been in the N6 MixConsole and Control Room.
by fenderchris
Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase IC Pro

Would also be nice if it can support the surround panner.

Alan
by KSD
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

AFAIAC I don't feel I want to have to pay for another release that is just a further bug-fix with a few new features thrown in so that it can be charged for (Bass management? !). Fix the product first, then think about new, 'must-have', features.

Based on N6 so far, new features only bring problems and alienation of the user-base.

I'm still trialing N6 and although there are some things I like, I am not yet convinced that it is an improvement on N5.5.6. In terms of work-flow it is definitely not better, and the Toytown Control Room still needs a rethink and more than 4 sends.

A lot of version numbers can be fitted in between 6.0.7 and 6.5 which could be used to fix things and restore customer faith, before a new-feature release.
by fenderchris
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well,
I, recently, did receive a letter from my Volvo Dealership stating that they wanted to update the software in my vehicle for free. This was for the purpose of fixing some bug issues with the vehicle. Mind you it is an older vehicle from 2004. It is nice to see them stand behind their product.
by JoDell19
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUE] LINKING screws up Panning-Automation

Simple Linking of Surround-Panner and it's automation still does not work!

I'm still curious how people are mixing surround without this, I need it all the time when having a sound of multiple layers, which has to be panned...at least since we still do not have a proper copy-automation-feature.

I'm a bit doubtful if I miss sth, since it is so quiet here concerning this bug, I mean: Its linking two channels and mixing them together! Very basic mixing stuff, isn't it?
by Domilik
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed.

Imo we need back some old but very important nuendo-benefits, which we used to have ON TOP:

- Opportunity to fire up mixer shortcuts (from keyboard + or midi) when working and mixing in projectwindow! The need to click with mouse into mixer before is inadmissible.

- This switching tabulator-views has to be kicked. We need back our customizable windows where we users could decide what to view at the same time. Right now no chance to do proper send-panning, insert-routing, etc etc.

This for me is much more important than any new cubase-feature.
by Domilik
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have been using Nuendo since version 1 and I do NOT recall ever having to pay for a .5 version. Where is the "traditionally" statement coming from ?
Especially with this disaster that is Nuendo 6.
After 25+ years of using Steinberg products starting with Cubase 1 I moved over to Pro Tools for recording and mixing mid last year but still kept Nuendo for composing. However every time I open it I can't get over the ugly mixer and the amount of crashes things that prior to N6 had never been issues.

I wholeheartedly agree that at the very least Steinberg should NOT charge for this release and focus on fixing what used to be a great product. Also stop with the features nobody is asking for and focus on features that have been asked for for ages now... actually stop with new features all together until you have a stable product again.

My 2 cents

I quite agree. I've been around since the PRO24 days. Some time ago, when I was refitting the studio, I was being pressurised to change to ProTools but resisted it only because I did not want to have to learn a new interface. Now, with the ever present issues and unwanted changes and new features I think I should have made the change. I'm also fed up with valid feature requests being ignored for years.

A .5 update indicates to me that the version is only halfway there and therefore should not be charged for. I can't recall having to pay for a bug fix update midway through a version cycle either.

I have no idea what new features are being thrown in to n6.5 to justify an update charge, but I do know that I don't want them - what I do want is bugs to be fixed and the interface fixed so that it works as smoothly as previous versions.
by fenderchris
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel a need to chime in with my agreement around the disappointment that 6.5 will be a paid upgrade (this hasn't happened before) and that 6.0x is apparently not going to be completely fixed before the 6.5 release leaving us with no real choice but to pay for the fixes in 6.5.

Dean
by Rickard
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Control Room - show all levels at the same time?

Can we again voice our displeasure of this un-asked-for redesign of an already normally and usefully designed UI?
I am about to give up on Steinberg, but I will join this campaign once again.

Steinberg, you completely destroyed one of your best and unique features with the new version of the Control Room.
What kind of engineers did you consult when taken this decision?
Or did the fancy graphic just look cool?

Besides that, an amateurish (at the best) respons and/or communcation on the matter.

Don't even let me start on the new "Fisher Price" looking, and utterly unfinished, Mix Console.
by iBM
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rickard wrote:I feel a need to chime in with my agreement around the disappointment that 6.5 will be a paid upgrade (this hasn't happened before) and that 6.0x is apparently not going to be completely fixed before the 6.5 release leaving us with no real choice but to pay for the fixes in 6.5.

Dean

+1
by CHAOS
Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

blob wrote:+1

+1

I keep trying to work with N6 but always return to 5.5.6. A real disappointment.
by Mark Ayres
Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

+1
by blob
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rickard wrote:I feel a need to chime in with my agreement around the disappointment that 6.5 will be a paid upgrade (this hasn't happened before) and that 6.0x is apparently not going to be completely fixed before the 6.5 release leaving us with no real choice but to pay for the fixes in 6.5.

Dean

+1
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fredo that workflow used to work until version 6. I was always very happy with Nuendo but something has gone wrong here... first off I don't have a problem paying for an upgrade as long as it's not just bug fixes. N6 as it stands is not a professional product anymore...take alone the microscopic scroll bar on the bottom of the mix window...I think that annoys me more that anything... the constant crashes, the insane amount of additional clicks, the fact that plugins disappear behind the mix window when in full screen mode and so forth...these are all issues that present themselves after just a few minutes in the system. Why after a year have those not been fixed? And I am fairly certain they won't be fixed in 6.5
Now having to pay for that??? By keeping unwanted (or better un-asked-for) features to a minimum and focusing on requested features and bug fixes SB would keep their user community happy for the most part much more than recent.
We are not talking about millions of Nuendo users here...my guess it's a few thousand at most with a very outspoken community on here of professional engineers using this product... so why not listen and react a bit more like SB used to?
by mrtomcat
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just stumbled upon the online-promotion of N6's new features:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/nuendo_6/whats_new.html#c174671

Under "time savers for professionals" it says:
Optimized for mouse-free operation

I've never been forced to use my mouse that much like in N6, all those tabs to open and switch...this can't be meant seriously!
Have they ever tried the new Control Room? Come on Steinberg, this is a click fest galore. I cannot for my life of it understand how they were able to destroy one of their best features, let alone unique in the DAW world???

The new Mix Console may be great if you do 8 tracks of audio, and like two inches wide channels. Also to much clicking and hovering (aaah, there was the button).
Why on earth does the pop-ups have to tell me that an insert slot is empty? I can kinda see that :? :o :shock:

And the Focus frame "following" you around (annoying as annoying can be). I know when I touch a fader or pan knob, or....... God damn it, all that excess information having no mission at all, but being disturbing.

And the new "intelligent" name abbreviations. Not very intelligent at all, if you ask me. I do not want to zoom in on the mixer channels to read what plugin residing in what slot (I have tried to populate the insert slots the same for all channels, making it consistent (for me)).
Again, it may be easy to remember all your plugins and placement when having a few tracks/channels of audio. But NOT in a larger session, in conjunction with with narrower mixer channels.

The Cubase 7/7.5 and Nuendo 6 cycle has been a big dissapointment for me, except for 3 things (in C7.5):
Track Visibility (didn't have to change everything GUI wise to implement this IMO).
Track Versions (finally, after many many requests).
Tab to Transient (which in fact doesn't use the Tab key????)

I gotta quit now, before my head hurts.
by iBM
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've never been forced to use my mouse that much like in N6, all those tabs to open and switch...this can't be meant seriously!
I agree.
It might be "optimized mouse free" if you buy a Nuage.
by johngar
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Domilik
Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Regarding the new mixer bashers. I am 100% in support this new mixer in C7. Working great for me.
I think the designers have done a super job as well!
Well done guys!
This is not about "bashing", "thinking" or "liking".
It is out of question, that the designers have done a bad job.
The new Mixer is simply not good !

- Taking more space for the same information.
- Hidden information all over the place.
- Completely missing information, that was there before and is still needed.
- Not 'point and click', anymore ! Instead You need a 'master' in 'mouse gestures'.
E.g.: to see a send level for several adjacent tracks,
you need to make certain mouse gestures and then wait ...
If nothing happens, try again ...
- Bad contrast and readability.
- Everything has the same shape / looks the same.
( unintuitive, steeper learning curve, error prone )
- Gain changes up to +/-2db are not visible.
- Everything can be sized, but settings can not be stored/recalled, globally
- there's more ...

Nothing above, is about taste.
It just shows, that the current Mixer is not "well done".
It brings Cubase' work s low to new heights !
8-)

But yes, it still can be used to mix a song ...

On Toppic :
The Control Room Mixer can show more info, now. Good. It now remembers it's visual settings. Good
Still not as good as it was before, though.
Sadly nothing more, for me ...
Looks like they want me to pay the 'major fee', again.
:|

Jan
by DaDa
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

And may I add Nuendo 6 to that. I think all the things you mention
have been documented...for quite some time now. Cubase 7 and
Nuendo 6 are done deals. (No more development for either)
If you want fixes you will have to upgrade to 7.5.
Oh yea, many of the documented issues are still present in 7.5 along with
some new ones, so maybe wait for version 8.
I'm trialing Cubase 7.5 and just found the "Mute" bug for channel 1.
How in the world...never mind.

If you need a new drum machine, or track versions, or another tape saturation plugin
they have you covered.

For me the new drum machine is almost worth it. Track versions are a convenience
but I prefer to manage alternate takes spread out on tracks.
Never hit a limit with too many tracks...And everything is visible all the time.
Magneto II doesn't have the mojo that the very 1st ever version of Magneto had.
That is obviously just my opinion. I use the UAD Studer, Ampex or Fatso
for those duties anyway.

Steinberg, please focus on your origins. You know Cubase and Nuendo.
Take the time to address the fundamental issues please.

Flickering Cursors, Mixer Key Commands, Mouse wheel malfunctions, etc...
You know what they are.
by Rotund
Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

The Cubase 7/7.5 and Nuendo 6/6.5 will go down in history as the worst/most difficult major cycle ever. Steinberg's Vista (and Millenium) springs to mind.
by iBM
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm so tired of the whole NEK - Cubase Music Tools for Nuendo story, that I almost have to puke.

For Steinberg to make such a fuzz, of what should've been nothing, I really don't get it :roll:
by iBM
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic