Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Path to custom project templates on Windows

It is in
\\ <user> \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7.5[_64]\Project Templates

The AppData folder is hidden my default. In Windows Explorer you may need to hit the ALT key, select, Tools, Folder Options..., select the View tab, and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders"
HTH
J.L.
by jaslan
Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can someone please clarify OUTPUTS vs CONTROL ROOM?

OK, can you please explain what the "Phones" option is in Control Room? (I know I can get my signal to pass thru there as well, just not sure what it would be used for since it doesn't seem to be flexible like Cues, and there is only one of them available)... I wish Steinberg had just named Cues as "Headphones" instead!
Headphones are meant for the 'mixing engineer', not the performers. As such, they can select from the main mix (from the Output), or any of the cue mixes, so they can set any of them up.

The cue mixes can be fed directly from the Cue Sends on any channel, unlike the Phones output.

That is, you set up cue mixes by adjusting the Cue Sends on individual channels, then use the Phones output to select from the cue mixes, or the main mix.

The main problem I find with setting up cue mixes is that the controls on the channels are fiddly, and because they are horizontal, not really easy to get comparative levels, nor are they easy for a performer to set up.

Cubase iC Pro changes all that, allowing each of up to four devices (Android and iOS) to have a 'normal' mixer that has the Cue Sends and main level for one of the Cue channels. It allows each performer to easily set up their own mix, even selecting which channels they want in the mix. That is how it should always have been done!
by Patanjali
Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can someone please clarify OUTPUTS vs CONTROL ROOM?

I'll also add that by default the cue sends are post fader, they should be set to pre fader!!!

I've no idea why this isn't the default as it makes things very confusing if you don't realise.

MC
by Norbury Brook
Fri May 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BUG Cubase 8.0.5 with ALT-NUM

From the Manual:
"NOTE
When the Virtual Keyboard is displayed, the usual key commands are blocked because they are reserved for the Virtual Keyboard. The only exceptions are: [Ctrl]/[Command]-[S] (Save), Num [*] (Start/Stop Record), [Space] (Start/Stop Playback), Num [1] (Jump to left locator), [Delete] or [Backspace] (Delete), Num [/] (Cycle on/off), [F2] (Show/Hide Transport panel), and [Alt]/[Option]-[K] (Show/Hide Virtual Keyboard)."
So I guess it's by design.
by BriHar
Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDI Import Always using 120bpm.. how come?

Deselect Preferences/Midi File/Ignore Master track Events
by Grim
Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion One (VST Sound Instrument Set) worth installing?

An impossible question to answer - some people may love those sounds - others will hate them - and most will fall somewhere in between! Isn't if YOU like them the important thing? Install and see. If they are instruments and not just sample sets I suspect they will be 32bit. which you might not want if you have a 64bit system. I've found older Steinberg 32 bit instrument sets won't install on my system anyway - the installer just says "wrong version of windows" and craps out. I ended up having to extract the files from the installer to get "The Grand" (the Original one) running on my system - a piano I still love the sound of and is extremely light on the system by modern standards.
by PeppaPig
Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You extracted the sounds from TG1?

Wow!

Anyway, yeah occasionally I will open up an old song and a HALionOne sound is missing. If my project is labeled properly, I'm usually able to find a suitable replacement. I'm pretty sure HSE can cover anything One could do with a little work, but I had always wished they included or gave us an easy way to re-import just for consistencies sake.
by mpayne0
Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi there,

just to chime in, ALL HALionOne sounds were included in HALion Sonic SE. They even have the same names, you just have to look for them.

Hope this helps!

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic