Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Proper Post EQ

This is one of the little things which I would like to see in Nuendo ( as a post-daw ) compared to cubase (not saying, that cubase should'nt get one).

I've been on many (movie) dubbing sessions on PT, and I never saw anybody inserting just a 4band-eq, or working with a hard-fixed slope. They use the 7band of PT, or the 10band from waves, or or or...
So if Steinberg wants to give us a (like the title of this thread) proper post eq, they should upgrade their channel eq in order to have this one shown on the mixer.

If Steinberg just would generate an extra vst plugin - then I don't need one.

I'm working on Steinberg since 1996, and never used their channel eq due to the lack in filtering problematic location sound. I always had better third-party ones.
And next to Volume, Pan and Send, EQ is one of the four main features/operations in every single mix! So if Nuendo wants to present a mixing station which should compete with all the major consoles, imo, there's no way around it. And still: the basic idea of the channel eq is great...

In film-mixing a proper and suitable eq-filter for me is much more important than most of the other features mentioned here (and much more important than having a channel strip tube-saturation or sth like that).
by Domilik
Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] View automation lanes layered on the audiotracks

This was asked for many times in the past, I just want to repeat this.

We need the option to view the automation lanes layered on the audiotracks. For a fast overview when doing volume automation, for a fast copy/paste of send-levels, and and and...
In PT it's such a charm.

When I want to see all my volume-automation in Nuendo, this doubles my track-account of an already huge film-session...
by Domilik
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Export Video

Sibelus recently announced their next update, which will introduce "export as video".
Not bad for a score notation software, isn't it...?
by Domilik
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hide Faders in Mixer

When working with a controller it would be nice to hide the faders in mix console in order to have more screen left for the racks.
I can customize most of the view in mixer, but I cannot hade the faders themself. And actually I never click on those faders with my mouse... And if I want I could show them with another rack-view-setting.
by Domilik
Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUE] LINKING screws up Panning-Automation

Simple Linking of Surround-Panner and it's automation still does not work!

I'm still curious how people are mixing surround without this, I need it all the time when having a sound of multiple layers, which has to be panned...at least since we still do not have a proper copy-automation-feature.

I'm a bit doubtful if I miss sth, since it is so quiet here concerning this bug, I mean: Its linking two channels and mixing them together! Very basic mixing stuff, isn't it?
by Domilik
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Agreed.

Imo we need back some old but very important nuendo-benefits, which we used to have ON TOP:

- Opportunity to fire up mixer shortcuts (from keyboard + or midi) when working and mixing in projectwindow! The need to click with mouse into mixer before is inadmissible.

- This switching tabulator-views has to be kicked. We need back our customizable windows where we users could decide what to view at the same time. Right now no chance to do proper send-panning, insert-routing, etc etc.

This for me is much more important than any new cubase-feature.
by Domilik
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

I just stumbled upon the online-promotion of N6's new features:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/nuendo_6/whats_new.html#c174671

Under "time savers for professionals" it says:
Optimized for mouse-free operation

I've never been forced to use my mouse that much like in N6, all those tabs to open and switch...this can't be meant seriously!
by Domilik
Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic