Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Virtual Guitarist! Virtual Bassist!

Running vg2 on window 8 64bit and c7.5 with the steinberg bridge no problem very steady!
by mroekalea
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monitoring the Yamaha HS7's

From what I know, the treble and bass pots are generally used for room correction. If you feel that your room is reflecting some frequencies then adjusting the pots may help to achieve a neutral sound.
by mroekalea
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monitoring the Yamaha HS7's

Yes that's it.

You could read-up on things as room acoustics, I've done it, but haven't the possibilities to overhaul my room.

for example:

http://www.bksv.com/applications/roomacoustics/what-is-room-acoustics

8-)
by mroekalea
Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

+1, no problems running: Virtual Guitarist 2, BFD3, Halion 5, IK Multimedia custom shop (T-Racks & Amplitube - almost everything they have), CC121 controller, MR816x and focusrite pro 26 IO. :mrgreen:
by mroekalea
Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

Well said, as an +25 years senior IT guy I can confirm this. Man I even had Microsoft product running services for thousands of users that crashed daily, I've worked with MPEiX/MPeV/VaxVms/OpenVMS/HP-ux/SCO-UX/AS400 etc etc and these conditions applied for ech and every one....
by mroekalea
Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 Freezing/Crashing

My motherboard is ASUS p9x79 PRO

Hi had this with cubase 7.06. I updated my bios on the same motherboard (the normal one not the pro version).
Cubase would behave very bad and crashing all the time.

I reinstalled from scratch, this made it stable less or more because now I had dropouts.
Now when you update your bios all settings are returned to default, however I didn't hardcopy any bios settings.

After fiddling around with memory, clocking, power options and disabling HT, I managed to get it stable again, but this time with the newest bios and windows 8.1.

Still having little troubles like loading an old project, otherwise it seems stable again.

It seems that bios settings cab heavily scramble your system's stability,

Hope this can help...
Menoj
by mroekalea
Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 64vs32 bits, struggling with plugins and bridges? READ T

No, 32 bit programs can only access 2 GB of memory, this is under a 32 bit system, some can with special setting (boot.ini) acces 3 GB. Theoratically the OS can adress 4 GB of memory but this also includes videomemory and hardware buffers, so you see many 32 bit systems wih 4GB installed only showing 3,5 till 3,2 GB available!

When using 32 bit software on a 64 bit os, the software should be able to acces 4 GB of ram, that's it! It's a limit of 32 bit addressing.
by mroekalea
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Plugin Problems in C7.5

My best bet is that you should disable UAC and de-install en re-install again, also make sure that the account you use has administrator privileges, when UAC is active the installation can become corrupted and only half functional.

I also find that many plugin installers mixup the 32 / 64 bit installer paths and also VST2 / VST3 installation paths.
I have done some installation where I first install the 32 bit plugs then in a second go the 64 bits one, or when all is installed together I remove the 32 bit dlls by hand.
by mroekalea
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Virtual Guitarist! Virtual Bassist!

Steinberg has the Halion 5 platform on which such functionality should be possible to build, Come on Steinberg you know this .......make use of the situation...VG2 is very popular!!!!!
by mroekalea
Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the new mixer

Also possible:

open list,
hit space,
hit enter

now the insert is gone (I think this works for presets the same) way faster then with mouse clicks!
by mroekalea
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UR22 and USB Microphone

You should be able to switch from the UR22 to the USB mic back and forth, so open device setup from the menu and switch sounddevice (UR22 and the USB mic are soundcards) make the recording and switch back again.

My advice would be to trade the usb mic in for a normal mic with xlr connection and use the UR22 solely for recording.

Menoj
by mroekalea
Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Maxim Komov wrote:
Here we go again :lol:

Working on 7.5.20 for last week. Seems stable so far. But I'm doing more work in Reaper these days, cuz I'm tired of Cubase ugly and buggy mixer.

Steinberg! Hire a good UI designer! Your software costs a lot of money, you can afford it :mrgreen:

Not to flame, but I do like the color scheme and design, is a subjective matter :mrgreen:
by mroekalea
Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Startup was smooth, but the first thing I checked was when reopening the mixconsole if the last zoom settings where remembered, NOT!

Not a biggie but annoying to continueless zooming to the right scale when (re)opening the MC.
by mroekalea
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stereo Input

Hi, no deleting the inputs will not effect your vsti's or fx.

Some FX or VSTi's however can work with live input like Vocoders and comparable effects, when the input is deleted this functionality is broken then untill you re-apply the input settings.

Deleting outputs on the other hand do have effects ( :lol: you won't hear anything :mrgreen: ).

Excuse me if I'm to simple, it is difficult to Judge someone's knowledge based on a few posts.
by mroekalea
Fri May 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: consulting what to buy/upgrade

I've got terrible GAS for NI Komplete, but need to save up a bit more (pricey stuff). Looks like this package could deliver all you need, that said I own C7.5 but most of the time I well below up to Elements specs regarding trackcount (32), however I see myself almaost everutime exceeding the 4 slots insert limit. So in need of no more then 32 tracks (stereo?) and 4 insert slots then Elements is a better option. Also to be noted that Halion 5 also comes with a good set of sounds for your genre's.
by mroekalea
Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: consulting what to buy/upgrade

NOTE: The upcoming Sampletank 3 also really looks good, check it out.
by mroekalea
Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic