Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: 'Please Register' 7.5 eveytime

Thanks Luis, that seems to have done the trick, right clicked on icon, ticked run as administrator and the register now pop up has not popped up yet across a number of projects, hopefully it will stay that way :-)
by Outsounder
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Track Instruments vs. Rack Instruments in Cubase 7.5

There's issues with both tracks and racks at the moment. Racks are (or were) the method of choice for sheer versatility and editing power, the problem now is, if you can't unload a vsti and leave an empty slot. The whole rack moves up one and all the instrument id's change, disastrous consequences if you have a a really large project as all finely tweaked.

With the new track concept, there's seemingly naming and saving problems, plus if you add another track it goes to the top and seemingly pushes everything down, again the consequences for huge projects could be a disaster.

The new rack itself needs a bit of work on the GUI as well, its a bit out of proportion really and the fonts above the control knobs are hardly eligible as well as a lack of frame highlighting which instrument you've just clicked on...typical of a new SB release lol
by Outsounder
Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now Steinberg - Five things...

Only five things..?

Glad to see some one else is still focused after the mass outpouring of love and thankyou's at 7.5 welcome party!

7.5 is a great update but hopefully all the details and graphics hangovers from 7.06 won't be over shadowed by all the gloss of new features that 7.5 brings with it.

That little pop up box that follows the cursor around the spreadsheet is horrible indeed! Why not just one discreet frame around the entire strip as on the control room when Mixer or Setup is selected on the bottom? Why does whole sections of the monitors go such a horrible opaque grey when channel groups are created?

And yes, indeed, the DB values should remain visible at all times, and does anybody really need a fader that fills up an entire screen? The horrible little pop up buttons on the send/insert slots needs to give way to intelligent click mapping as much as the mouse over send values needs to be addressed.

The spreadsheet look and feel send/insert page is as horrible and ugly now as it was when first introduced, far from elegant or befitting of such a high class DAW, especially to the untold numbers of users who have no wish to use the stock eq's or strips for which it is a "home" page.

It's surprising that the are VST's still not in floating frames over the MC, they should only disappear when a user wants them to!

Hopefully all these really annoying things are "still in the frame" so to speak.

As you mention, it's all in the little details, it's by paying such attention and fine tuning to all the little details that great music is made, it goes without saying that the same attention and fine tuning should be given to the software that's used to create it with.

Now, did I hear some one say just five things...?
by Outsounder
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

@ Outlander: Thanks, will try that. In your thread "Opinion after 7 days with Cubase 7..." I see some screenshots you´ve posted of the VST performance. If I´m not mistaking you use Windows Classic visual settings. Any comment on whether or not to use that too, since that is also a discussion here?

LOL Well spotted! Yes Windows "Classic" look is ever present here! Starts off with the optimize for efficiency in the system setting, chose a simple color desk top because it's surprising aw many CPU cycles can be used to just maintain a desktop image!

But really,just choosing a windows classic feel and smaller items for the start button at a lower font size and other tweaks is far more appealing (and easier/quicker to work on!) here anyway! Mostly because silent (no fan) graphics card needs to take care of whats on screen in a non game environment. So whats the point of having everything set up and tweaked/overclocked to perform as an all singing, all dancing DAW whilst, at the same time, allowing games to get priority on a system that doesn't play games?

Its all matter of taste and preferences, though if it's a (exclusive) DAW machines, it should be set up as one, yes?

There are lot of other tweaks that can be done, for sample, going through your start-up programs. do you really need to have all then loaded? Check the system services that are running, do you really want auto checks and updates running in the background?No of course not, so get rid of them I say! All those cpu cycles. robbing resources from the DAW!

Many thanks to garyB for these tweaks, the guys a genius and this machine is far quicker and more reliable since!
by Outsounder
Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 with Midi messages

What master keyboard are you using? Seems like it may have been set up to send out specific messages that have been assigned to particular keys? Try resetting it to default as a first step.
by Outsounder
Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.1 Review.

On win7 here and have not experienced any issues at all with multiple instances of Play, not before or since upgrade to Play 4
by Outsounder
Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1 Despite the fact that is a really good update with loads of new features (that don't work properly) it's a bargain for the pennies asked for.

But, so many issues have been "bought forward" hopefully they wont sink into the background because of all the new issues that have appeared.
by Outsounder
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dual screen - HOW?

Dual screens working as normal here, arrange on left, mix on right and, the plugins stay on top, at last! Loving it so far :-)
by Outsounder
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Issue with NI MASSIVE in C8 Pro Win 7 64 Ult

Just tried to repro your problem here but it's all ok, loads fast and no shadows. Have modified aero here quite a bit, taken off all the transparency and altered active and inactive bars to something more settled and with no after glows all over the text etc. have you tried that?
by Outsounder
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent SE drum image

Use the media bay/browser. Sort by instrument/name and load them from there, you'll get the drum display and controls for the kit when it's loaded.
by Outsounder
Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Non-standard menu bar is beyond stupid

I've been using Win 7 for a few years now with the old "Classic XP" look and feel along with the old "go faster" reg tweaks etc etc but, I must admit I'm really enjoying this release, it's hugely more efficient I every way and, let's not forget that win10 is just weeks away and I'm sure that Steinberg have been getting there heads into that and working towards it with this release.

I really don't mind the new Aero.windows system in C8 one bit, in fact I really like it - a lot! A few teaks to get rid of the transceparency and colours, a few reg tweaks to get rid of the glow shadow text on the menu bar and it's much more pleasing to the the eye (mine anyway) and loosing 2mm space at the top of the mix console on pair of large screen HD monitors is nothing compared to the performance increase and flexibility that's been gained.

There's no " show stoppers" in this release that will stop anyone configuring it how they want. Embrace it I say, next year it will be cubase 9 on Windows 10, though I'll stay on win7 as I stayed on XP for so many years after it was dropped, because it worked and this so far seems to work very well indeed.

Well done steinberg! You finally got the "Q" back into cubase! Well as far as I'm concerned anyway.
by Outsounder
Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heres How get rid of the glow fonts in aero

To disable the glow on a Win7 Pro in Control Panel >System>Advanced System Settings > Performance > Settings > Visual Effects >Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.

It may switch back to classic on clicking, simple un-cklick it and reselect your saved (minimalistic) areo theme.

Don't forget to turn off transparency and in the customize windows look and feel box, also set your desktop to a dark colour, (or any of your choice) but, loads of colour pictures etc as a desktop do take up CPU cycles to maintain in the backround. click on all the borders and ensure there are not two col ours bleeding in any of the options, If there is just set colour 1 and 2 to the same.

Click and apply and there you have, no glowing fonts in areo!

Hope this of help to people like me who don't like the glowing fonts!
by Outsounder
Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: None of my preferences transferred from Cubase 7

You'll have to transfer them manually from c/users/your name/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase7.5_64/

Copy them to:c/users/your name/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8_64/

All the settings and preference are there, whilst your in that folder you may as well check out the presets folder as well, quite a few of those will probably be missing as well
by Outsounder
Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic