Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: Problem: Selecting clip activates solo??

This is definitely some confusion in preferences.

Double click on the clip should open editor of the clip. This is default settings. Try to check your settings.

Try to save your preferences, and after this, try to load default settings. Try to do the same with your Key Commands.

If it doesn't help, try to trash preferences (you should backup it, before trashing).

In the Preferences > Editing, there is Track Selection Follows Event Selection. Is it check? I didn't find, which combination of Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole could repeat your behaviour, but maybye, some can.
by Martin.Jirsak
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controlling Image-Line GrossBeat from Cubase

The VST effect has to create virtual MIDI port. Then, you can send MIDI data to this MIDI output.
by Martin.Jirsak
Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Pro 8 don't remember VST Outs

Hi,

Are you using Studios (Control Room)? The Monitor 1 from the Studios, should be your main output. If you connect the same audio port to the Monitor 1 and Output bus, the Monitor 1 is always kept.

Since Cubase 8.0.20, this is new - Control Rool is not overwritten by Output buses anymore.
by Martin.Jirsak
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Importing old cubase songs (From VST versions)

Hi,

This is an interesting question. But I'm afraid, the answer is "no", on Mac. Not because of Cubase 8, but because of eLicenser Control Center.

Fact 1) The latest eLCC, you can install on Mac OS X 10.6 is 6.7.1.8151.
Fact 2) The elCC 6.7.1.8151 was released July 14th, 2014.
Fact 3) The very first Cubase 8 licence was generated after July 2014, so Cubase 8 licence is "Unknown licence" for eLCC 6.7.1.8151.
Fact 4) You can't upgrade your Mac OS X. 10.6 is the latest one with the Rosetta.

So on Mac OS X 10.6 the eLCC doesn't recognize your Cubase 8 licence, and on newer version of Mac OS X, you can't run Cubase SX (because of Rosetta). I'm sorry, I can't see any solution for Mac users.

On Windows, it should works.
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi Out Port is not visible

Hi,

in this list, the MIDI Port becomes active, once you use it in any MIDI Track. Set any of these MIDI Outputs as an Output of any MIDI Track in your project, and check this window again. The port should be active than.
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi question!

Hi,

Yes, it works the way, you described. You can select two MIDI parts and display them in the editor at once. Then, you can select, which MIDI part is an "active" one, where you want to write a notes. Once you click to the Note of any MIDI part, the "active" part changes to this part, where you clicked. To go back "melody" part, you can just click to any Note from the "melody" part. Or, you can use a Part selector from to tool bar.

On the left side beside the MIDI Part selector, you can find another one usefull tool: work in active part only (sorry I'm not sitting in front of Cubase now, I don't know the exact term). This would be usefull for you.
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Selecting midi clips jumps to start in key editor

Yes, I can confirm this.

I will just correct your reproduction which is not clear in some points:
- Add two MIDI tracks.
- On every single MIDI track, create a MIDI part. Every MIDI part will start on different position.
- Open the KeyEditor of one of the MIDI part.
- Set the Cursor (playback head) to different position, than 1.1.1.0.
- Leave the KeyEditor open, and select the second MIDI part in the Project window.
=> KeyEditor view jumps to the beginning of the currently select MIDI part, not to the position of cursor.

The workoround, I'm using is: pres "F" key twice onyour computer keyboard, in the KeyEditor, to disable, and enable Auto-Scroll. Thanks to this, the KeyEditor view jumps to the Cursor position.
by Martin.Jirsak
Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Select MIDI input device through keystroke or Macro?

I`m using Macros and Project Logical Editor quite a lot. But I can`t imagine, how to select dedicated MIDI Input Device in the track via Key Commands, Macros, or PLE. I`m sorry.
by Martin.Jirsak
Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Select MIDI input device through keystroke or Macro?

@FINgers101, you can exclude your Lemur device from the "All MIDI Ports". Open Devices > Device Setup, and select MIDI Port Setup on the left side. On the right side, you will see the list of your MIDI In- and Out- ports. In the In "All MIDI..." columne, you can enable/disabled, which MIDI device will be taken/ignored wit All MIDI Inputs.

So just disable your Lemur Input here.
by Martin.Jirsak
Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MORE questions regarding automation...

A1: No.

A2: Yes. Select the automation point, in the Info View of the Project window, you can find the information about the exact position and the exact value. You can change both here. If you have more than One points selected, then it works exactly as other events - value of the 1st selected (from left) is displayed. When you change the value, all values change relatively.
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you tell me shortcut for next preset

Hi,

There is no default Key Command for this. But you can assign your own Key Command.

Open Key Commands window from the File menu. In the Key Commands window, open folder "Presets". Here you can find commands: Next; Open Browser; Previos.

Select Next command. On the right-side, click to the "Type in Key" filed, and press the combinations of keys, you want to assign. Click to the Assign button. Done. Do the same for the Previous cmmand, in the Preset folder.

Hope, this helps.
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Activating Cubase Pro 8 for Mac from Cubase 4

Hi,

Yes, you can take your USB-eLicenser from your PC to Mac, and update your Cubase 4 licence to the Cubase 8 licence. It doesn't matter, if you will activate this update licence on your PC or Mac.

And your second question. Yes, BUT... In theory, you are allowed to use Cubase 4 application with your Cubase 8 licence. But you should update your eLCC application. If you will not update the eLCC, it's possible the Cubase 8 licence will be not recognised, and will be displayed as "Unknown licence" on the system with the old eLCC (so then, you can't run your Cubase on this system, because there is no known licence). Now, the tricky part is: which Windows do you use? If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 7, then it's not problem at all (you will just update eLCC to the latest version: 6.9.1.1173 at this moment). But if you are using Windows XP, the newest eLCC is not officially compatible with Windows XP. So it's possible, it will not work. Then, you could try to install the latest eLCC on your Windows XP (and hope, it works), or you can keep the latest Win XP eLCC version, and hope, this version will recognise Cubase 8 licence. If you are using Win XP (I hope not), then I would recommend to try to update your eLCC before you activate your Cubase 8 Upgrade, and check, if the eLCC has been installed, and work as expected. If yes, then I would upgrade the licence.

Sorry for the long story... ;-)
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Activating Cubase Pro 8 for Mac from Cubase 4

Hi,

Yes, you can open Cubase 4 projects in Cubase 8. Don't worry.
by Martin.Jirsak
Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scrubbing with plug-ins in elements 8

Hi,

There is a preferences for this. Open File > Preferences, and in this window, find Transport > Scrub. Enable "Use Inserts While Scrubbing", here. Now, you can hear plug-ins during the scrub.
by Martin.Jirsak
Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8, Windows 10, Multi Desktops quesiton

Hi,

Yes, you can move your MixConsole window to another virtual Desktop. It works at the moment, you setup it.But once you save and reopen your project, all of your windows are back on the current Desktop, and you have to arrange it once again.It's the same with Workspaces. The Workspaces system can't recognize another virtual desktop. So if you are using it, it always puts all windows to the currently active Desktop. But I would say, this is general Windows issue.

Windows 10 is not officially supported system, yet.
by Martin.Jirsak
Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion and Groove Agent - automated program changes?

Hi,

In HALion Sonic, it's in-between. On the Options page, there is also Program Change part, where you can select:
- Off
- GM
- Multi Mode.

The Multimode means, you can switch between Multi-sounds, you prepare, by using Program Change MIDI CC. You can use up to 128 Multis (all Program Changes) and every single Multi can contain up to 16 sounds. These sounds could be as layers (on one MIDI Channel), or as separated sounds (every single sound is controlled from different MIDI Channel. So you could have up to 2.048 different sounds.

I haven't found any "Program Change" in the Groove Agent 4 (or SE 4) manual. There is an option to load Previous/Next Program (i.e. sound), and you can use your own KeyCommand. So if you will create perfectly named sounds (I would recommend to use numbers) in the wanted order, then you could switch these sounds by using the KeyCommand. These KeyCommands are in both Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent SE 4. You can find it under the OPTIONS page > Global part > Key Commands button. The KeyCommand, I'm talking about, is under the Global folder.
by Martin.Jirsak
Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problems after update to Cubase pro 8

Hi,

Could you try to switch the ASIO-Guard completely Off? Does it work?

Could you try to test your system by using LatencyMon?
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi,

Do you still have Cubase 6.5 on the system? W It would be great, if we could compare it, to make sure, it IS (or not) in Cubase.

I don't believe, the heigher level of Audio Boost would help in this case. But you can try it, of course.

Didi you try different Buffer-Sizes?
by Martin.Jirsak
Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi,

Unfortunately, we still don't know, if it's in Cubase or ASIO driver/sound card.

Could you try to use different sound card, please?
by Martin.Jirsak
Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: consistent piano roll scrolling through adjacent midi re

Yes, there is. In the Toolbar, you can select, which MIDI part should be currently active.

See attached screenshot, please.

Btw: I highly recommended to use colours of Part in the Key Editor, in this case (green on my screenshot). Then you have even colour-coding for your instruments.
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: any way to save / import automation to different Proj

Export it as a Track Archive (File > Export > Selected Track), and import it back from the the Track Archive to the new project.

Btw: In Nuendo 7, it's already possible to import Audio tracks from project (with automation). ;-)
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Copy/Paste/Alt/Draw

Hi,

Could you attach the project? Or at least some screenshots, please?
by Martin.Jirsak
Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lanes & Auto X fades ?

hve wrote:...do you know if au fades take a lot of CPU in Cubase ?
Hans

To be honest, I don't know. But I wouldn't expect it. And even from my experience, I haven't registered it during my work anytime.
by Martin.Jirsak
Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lanes & Auto X fades ?

Hi,

You can always hear one lane only. It could be any of the lanes, you have (not the last one only). To choose, which lane do you want to hear, use the Comp tool. See this video from 12 minute, please.

Yes, there is no visualise of automatic cross-fade.
by Martin.Jirsak
Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi/instrument track

OK, now it's clear. The single one MIDI Note from Cubase triggers whole arpeggio loop from Alchemy. So you have to edit the Alchemy arpeggio (if it is possible at all).

If there is no option, Cubase could help you. Use Render-InPlace. This will convert your loop to the Audio. Then, you can cut unwanted sound from the beginning (if to loop allows it).
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi,

These are individual MIDI Notes. G#2 is single one note, A#2 is another one, C#3 is another one, and G#2 is the last one.

What are you triggering by these notes? Maybe, you are triggering some sequences?
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi,

If you double-click to the MIDI Part in the Project window, KeyEditor opens. Here you can see all MIDI Notes of that part (use scroll up/down and left/right). If there is any unwanted note, you can find it here. If the Note is always at the beginning of the part, also List Editor is great to find this Kind of notes.

Does the sound occure at the beginning of every part (Why?) or at the beginning of every Note (then it's matter of the sound, I would say).
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hearing in beat designer

Hi,

You are right, the signal is not audible, while inserting the events to the Beat Designer.

You can pre-listen the sound, by clicking to the "speaker" icon, on the left side of the sound. Good praxis is to play part of the project in the loop, and create the MIDI patterny while playback, on the fly.
by Martin.Jirsak
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: pops and blips in playback using halion and video

Hi,

During recording, you should set the lowest Buffersize, you can. Then you will get the lowest latency.

During playback, you can set heigher Buffersize, to get more performance, and to be able to insert as much plug-ins as you need.

So, please, try to increase your Buffersize. Pops should stop.
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: record groove agent into track

Hi,

Just to make sure, we are talking about the same... You did the pattern in the Beat Designer, and as a tone generator, you are using Groove Agent VSTi, right?

So, open the Beat Designer. Find the "virtual Keyboard" on it. Click the light-grey key (where is your pattern stored), and drag-and-drop it to the Instrument track, where your Groove Agent is. Done.

Or, you don't need to do this, and you can just create another pattern in the Beat Designer, which will be stored on the other key, and then just trigger these patterns by sending corresponding MIDI notes from the MIDI track. This way, you can trigger up to 48 patterns (12 notes in a octave, times 4 octaves).
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK. You are using Outputs as your Main output, instead of Monitor 1 from the Studios (Control Room).

Open VST Connections > Outputs. Here you have Stereo Out. Set it to Not connected . Open Studio tab. If your Control Room is not enabled, enable it. Add Channel > Monitor 1 . Set your main output hear (i.e. Line Out 1 & Line Out 2, or whatever you are using). Now, you can hear the song from the Sample Editor.

The signal from MediaBay preview, Import Audio preview, and other places of Cubase, is routed thru this Monitor 1 bus.
by Martin.Jirsak
Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic