Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: 7.5 Instruments Panel - How Do You Remove Instruments?

hi, i had the same problem. you click on the name of it then choose 'no instrument' or words to that effect
by Xtigma
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

rename all tracks inside a folder to the same name
type name in folder, hold down shift + press enter at the same time
by Xtigma
Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

it seems to me the the asio guard performance is a LOT better.. I think the latency has been increased..
can anyone confirm? or is it just my imagination? (completely possible! :) )
by Xtigma
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Just thought I would throw this in here...

A new icon was added for 'automation follows events' seems a little strange to just add this icon after all these years..

my guess?
Automation overhaul in v8... :)
by Xtigma
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asio Meter Comparison 7.5 vs 8

orchetect wrote:The new ASIO Guard 2.0 is mainly responsible for the improvement (from what Steinberg claims).

Steinberg also claims that projects load faster. Can anyone test this between 7.5.30 and 8.0.0?

project loading for me is about 20% faster
20 seconds to load a project that took 25 seconds on 7.5
by Xtigma
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asio Meter Comparison 7.5 vs 8

digitalson wrote:no way!!!!! that's awesome ...do me a fav ..see how much lower you can go before it craps out

this is as low as I can set the RME..
plays just fine..

scary...
by Xtigma
Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hidden Cubase 8 features!

if you disable a track, the track still appears in your timeline, but the plugins are not loaded and the instrument is not loaded. the workflow basically is, you would render out your track to audio, then disable the instrument track.
Perhaps this is what I don't understand: Would you use this ability in addition to the new render-in-place feature, or instead of it? (I had assumed that the new bounce ability automatically disabled the plugins on that track/channel, but is that not the case?)

Thanks!

the render in place actually uses this functionality, when you render in place you have the option of disabling the instument track which frees up the CPU etc of all the plugins but gives you the ability to quickly go back to the original track if needed.. best of both worlds
by Xtigma
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 and UAD-2/Apollo

hi Silhouette

open a project
open the UAD shortcut icon at the bottom of the screen
go to system info
and it will report the plugin latency...

report back thx :)

edit
and my setup
Intel i7 64bit 16gb ram - Windows 8.1 - Rme Fireface UCX - Uad Octo - Uad quad
by Xtigma
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hidden Cubase 8 features!

I find it rather remiss that there is no "whats New" document or Version History documentation.

Yes we can read about the new features bells and whistles on the product page enticing one to 'buy' the newest version, but there is nothing detailing changes and more importantly new options and preferences of interest to existing users.

Instead we are left discovering these for ourselves - hence this very thread. Who knows if some of these hidden ( undocumented ) "features" are not in fact unintended, benign software bugs which could just as easily disappear in the next update.

This seemed to stop a few versions ago, I remember every time there use to be a gigantic list, even listing new keyboard shortcuts etc... this is needed again!

Steinberg: you are doing yourself a disservice by not listing every tiny little change that you have introduced... guaranteed 1 of those tiny changes is a game changer for someone.
by Xtigma
Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic