Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: "Right Click" tools menu....can I customize it?

Ah yes, I think that requires a long right mousebutton press. If you keep it pressed you can resize the tool menu. I could be wrong but that's what my memory tells me.

As for customizing it, that would be cool but I don't think so.
by Strophoid
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Import Settings From Previous Version

It -used- to be that Cubase imported settings from prior versions. I seem to recall that was causing issues during the dark days of SX3/SX4 and perhaps that's why it was stopped. I guess the way it's spun now is that this 'protects' the user from a bad install. Fine.

But we're now many years past that and going from 7.0 to .5 should allow one the -option- to import all settings.

I currently have over 600 plugs on my system. Having to reset the Plug-In info for them all is a pain... not to mention about 100 key commands, umpteen 'preferences', 20 colours, etc...

From what I've seen the file format between .0 and .5 is -not- that much different. But even if it -is-, there's no excuse for not having a decent import option from prior versions. Not in 2013.

The rest of the install system has gotten a LOT better from the old days. This last bit just seems out of place in a 'pro' app circa 2013. In fact, I can't think of another app I use that doesn't import from a previous version... even the 'open source' ones.

It's another not so subtle 'we don't care about backward compatibility' deals. All we care about is new, New, NEW!!!!!! Those old users may grouse a little, but forget 'em. This kind of 'polish' doesn't SELL!

---JC
by suntower
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is the Acoustic Agent ?

the implementation feels very odd.. why make it different from everything else?

wouldn't it be logical that i can open Groove Agent SE and then, in place of the Beat Designer, load the Acoustic Agent and choose a preset like i do with Beat Designer?
It's so counter-intuitive..
by kreispendl
Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is the Acoustic Agent ?

I'm having the same problem. I have installed Cubase Pro 8, I load up Groove Agent Se4, I can see Acoustic Agent and the 21 presets in the media bay/preset browser, but no kits are loaded when I try to click on the presets. I tried re-scanning media bay, re-installing Acoustic Agent. Unfortunately nothing works. Seriously disappointed about this, all the hype about it, and it doesn't even work.

There are no instructions anywhere about how to load Acoustic Agent, and it shouldn't be necessary in any case, it should be obvious.
by Slats
Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is the Acoustic Agent (MISSING FILES ) ?

This is how I found the Acoustic Agent:
- Open Groove Agent SE
- Click on the preset name on top of the window to open the preset menu
- The default view is "Results" and you can only see the name of individual kits, but you want to see the name of the entire library
- In the lower left corner of the "Results" window you can see an icon, click on it.
- Make sure that "Filters" is selected.
- Now you should see an extra window. Make sure "Attribute" is selected
- Click on the first column header
- Select "Audio Assets"
- Select "Library name"
Now you should see all the drum libraries in the first column, and the individual kits in the right column.

This is where I can see the Acoustic Agent in my Cubase 8 setup.
by Tytune
Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: track control settings missing the "wrap" function ?

yep.. those decisions are very odd !!
i hope in cubase 9 they won't remove the play and record buttons :geek:
by mozizo
Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Freely played" MIDI track: C6 create Tempo Track?

Dear all,

we hope that the newly introduced "MIDI Tempo Detection" function in Cubase 8 has now fulfilled your described wishes :)
Do enjoy the new time saver function. Thanks!
by sming
Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greg's new professional Cubase PRO 8 advanced Videos!

Greg's new professional Cubase PRO 8 advanced Videos!

I can recommend everyone to check out Greg's professional Cubase PRO 8 videos.
Greg's videos are always the best videos from Steinberg, focused on the advance user. ;)

For those that don't know who Greg Ondo is. He is a professional Master-Class instructor that represent Steinberg.
https://www.linkedin.com/mpr/pub/image-f4JRAE8W25C_Vi3ZpBu1N0UQhck9jKo04hOodCndhY151w7ff4JodvjWhFYV1lNmo2g3/greg-ondo.jpg

I think Greg's videos are always the best videos from Steinberg. Greg Ondo video's are more focused on the advance and professional user. I hope Steinberg would make more video's with him, and make more video's aimed for the advance and professional users.

The standard video's are good too but sometimes the demonstration video's are way to slow and basic.
I think many feel the same as me.

By the way Steinberg, please kill all the background music that plays in the background sometimes in all your video's. The background music is just distracting even though the lately video's of Cubase PRO 8 are far better compare to the old ones. These video's from Greg -"Club Cubase" is a good example of exactly the kind of videos you should make more of! ;)

Cubase 8 User Interface Enhancements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkcVgGrUTo&list=UUAv0mI6kHe7uqohgOiS2lQg

Cubase 8 Mixer Enhancements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra67__XDr7A&list=UUAv0mI6kHe7uqohgOiS2lQg

Cubase 8 Advanced Rendering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WHRWaufmoU&list=UUAv0mI6kHe7uqohgOiS2lQg&index=3

Cubase 8 VST Bass Amp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-0L06UZYNc&index=4&list=UUAv0mI6kHe7uqohgOiS2lQg

Hope you all like it!

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic