Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: 64vs32 bits, struggling with plugins and bridges? READ T

No, 32 bit programs can only access 2 GB of memory, this is under a 32 bit system, some can with special setting (boot.ini) acces 3 GB. Theoratically the OS can adress 4 GB of memory but this also includes videomemory and hardware buffers, so you see many 32 bit systems wih 4GB installed only showing 3,5 till 3,2 GB available!

When using 32 bit software on a 64 bit os, the software should be able to acces 4 GB of ram, that's it! It's a limit of 32 bit addressing.
by mroekalea
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help pls - Hide muted notes in score?

To mute a note or group of notes, select them, then from the Edit menu select "Mute" (Shift+M, Shift+U to Unmute). Muted notes will be "greyed out" in the score. To hide notes in the score, right click on the selected note(s) and select "Hide/Show". To toggle the visibility of any hidden notes in the score, tick/untick the "Hidden Notes" checkbox located on the "Filter Bar".

To restrict the playback and visibility to certain note ranges (boundaries) on a track by track basis, refer to the Cubase Operation Manual p.778 (Staff settings).
by harcourt
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would it be more helpful to copy tracks, say, violin 1 (already written part). Call the copy violin 1 (score), mute it. Do your playback edits on the original and your score edits on the copy. I know it's not that simple but some users like to both read the score to check while the track plays back. Really only works when you have finished the original for playback I guess and could be unwieldy for very large arrangements. Just a suggestion for a starting point for tricky scoring of a few sections where to leave the midi part that sounds good but the score looks messy so you then have a scoring part/track to tidy up visually (which would then sound awful), especially if you check it on playback.
Hope I explained that well.
by Buchanan
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To hide notes in the score, highlight the required notes, then click on "H" in the functions (there is no default key command for this), you can then use the Hidden Notes tick box to show and hide them. Use "H" again to show them again.

Be careful you don't highlight bar lines, or they will be hidden as well.

Note, this only hides notes, it does not mute them.

Perhaps a mute tool in the score editor like the key editor could go on the feature requests list, as you would have thought that if something is muted (in the key editor), the score editor shouldn't show it anyway.
by andyjh
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One further question though... I tend to use the piano roll editor for muting because it's just generally easier for me, so does that mean that in Score I have to select all the unmuted notes and click Hide, or is there a 'hide muted notes' option? There's no built in command, but you can create one using a Logical Editor preset in a macro with the hide command.

type --equal to --note
Property --property is set --event is muted save the preset as, say. 'hide muted notes'

Create a macro to make this a one-keystroke command:

macro:
Process Logical Preset – hide muted notes
Score Functions - Hide
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ideas to make one note strikes auto spread to other note

That's a great idea and a nice macro!! I'll squirrel that one away for future use :)

BTW, how do you convert it to midi?

Mike.

here is a tutorial from clubcubase on how to make midi from monophonic audio material.. from 3:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzbRrO7AP4

i can use this Logical editor function in many ways i future too.. just change some values in the code ! :)
by mozizo
Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ideas to make one note strikes auto spread to other note

Sorry that was a wrong vid.. :oops:
for drum replacement, use the hitpoint section in the sample editor, adjust it to your liking and use the" create midi notes" function in the hitpoint section menu !
by mozizo
Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic