Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Recording Midi at ANY latency on any system

There is a way to avoid this problem:
1) Record MIDI and only monitor the audio (do not record).

Doing this will still produce the same early Midi because like I said to play in sync with the metronome, not the produced sound which if anything *should* produce a Midi that is recorded slightly late!

Maybe my expectation of Cubase are too great?
by beerbong
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plugin Browser - Arrow Keys used

When using Plugin Browser, it would be cool to not have to use the mouse to select from list.

EG.

1. <enter search text>
2. arrow key down/up
3. enter makes Selection

small thing like this make it easier on the hands, and help avoid hand cramping.
by beerbong
Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any hope in sight for Rewire fixes?

They also need to fix the rewire implementation for Reason. Only 1 stereo input from Reason is outrageous. Why the hell would we want 1 stereo and a bunch of mono inputs!?
There's no issue with Reason Rewire implementation at all! You just aren't using it correctly and/or don't understand how it works...
Actually it doesn't work that well, and if you have to create extra busses for stereo tracks that just mean extra routing that is unnecessary IMO.
by beerbong
Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

Preferences/VST/Plug-ins check "Plug-in editors "Always on Top"".

naive. how you do it will work on two monitors with the mixer on one of them? monitors are located one above the other. stretch across two monitors main window I will not!
other sequencers do not have this problem! cubase is such a special one!
Have you tried turning OFF always on top for the mixer? Plugins should stay on top of the mixer if you want.

Why would you want them to anyways? Works here on both monitors..
by beerbong
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you tried turning of always on top for the mixer? Plugins should stay on top of the mixer if you want.

Why would you want them to anyways? Works here on both monitors..
Are you saying plugin windows stay on top of the full screen mixer without a hack on your PC?
Yes they do here. Unless I'm missing something they are working as intended.
by beerbong
Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://s27.postimg.org/hjfrh6nj3/alwaysmixer.jpg
Make sure this is OFF!!!!

Then, when you maximize it the plugins will stay in front (they will require to have the option turned on).

Works for me on both Monitors and all 3 MixConsoles

Perhaps you mean to say you want independent control per MC?

cheers

w8.1 cubase 32
by beerbong
Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://s27.postimg.org/hjfrh6nj3/alwaysmixer.jpg
Make sure this is OFF!!!!

Then, when you maximize it the plugins will stay in front (they will require to have the option turned on).

Unfortunately your image shows you don't have the mixer set to fullscreen outside the Cubase main window. We are aware of the fact the traditional method by keeping the mixer within the main frame still works.
What we want is the mixer full screen to monitor X and the main window maximized on the other monitor.

Ok, now I understand. Thx for clarifying.
by beerbong
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Real-time peak & Average load too high with 3 VSTi

Try changing the Processor Scheduling. Try both ways and see what works better. I find that Background Tasks works well for me. There should be a noticable change, worth it to try for Windows.
by beerbong
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1 So far so good *crosses fingers*

Loading seems faster, and the GUI looks more retro.
by beerbong
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feature Reques: would like to see a Simple Sampler in Cu

I could really see them doing something with this. A new 'track type' called a Wav playback or something. Just a one sample playback instrument that would not need a GUI like a regular VSTi because everything could be done from the Arrangement tab.

Wav view, start and end points, loop enable, reverse enable, etc..
by beerbong
Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supreme Requests

Any modern musician will like to walk into a real-world recording studio and see a nice big analog mixing desk, like a Neve or SSL or Trident etc, right? So, we are simply asking for this to be built-in, integrated as part of Cubase; who would take issue with such a request? This is the holy grail, the ideal scenario, this would be the pinnacle of modern DAWs to offer us such a working space with the sound of 'real' big-name analog mixing desks and master-bus compressors and tape saturation etc, and i'm not the only one that feels this way, apparently Cakewalk agree, Sonar X3 has provided this in their DAW.

They call it the "Pro Channel" and it's built into Sonar as the central component of the mixing console, offering THREE emulations of famed big name classic analog mixing desks, and they even add emulations of classic hardware EQs, compressors and tape saturation as part of the package; surely this should be the aim for the best modern DAW scenario, to have such options 'built-in', meaning we never need to go to a real-world expensive recoding studio again just to get 'That sound'.
The Slate-Digital emulations are authentic, but they are 'plugins', i'm requesting that we have these algorithms built-in to Cubase's mixer as if we have three very expensive analog mixing desks at our disposal, this would be real nice to have.
What you are describing is precisely a 'niche' DAW. What you get what you add this kind of things you lose somewhere else. There are other DAW's that are already dedicated to such tasks, I don't think it is right for Cubase.

There is no comparison between real studio desks and a DAW, that is a apples to oranges comparison and any real Pro will recognize the attributes of every single piece of gear or software and know what each one is good for. Any piece of gear no matter how good or how bad is more or less exceptional at one particular thing. DAW that support 3rd parties are good at being extremely versatile, because of what 3rd parties have to offer.

Anyways, Cubase already has some emulation built in and I'm sure they will expand on that in the future but already so many users do NOT use the built in emulation in favor of customized plugins and workflow.

I wouldn't mind some more filter eq options myself but I don't want the whole Mix Console to be configured for the 'built-in' options.
by beerbong
Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic