Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Should be free for Cubase 7 users especially who brought the software last 15 december 2012 for 150euro, why? We waited one year before have a semi stable version 7.0.6, nothing to compare with rock solid version of 6.5.5. I've stopped to use C7 six months ago, because missing mixer stuff, crashes on mac, incompatibility with Melodyne, glichs problems with Variaudio, a lot of problems with Native Instruments stuff....but I could continue....
Too bad Cubase 7 doesn't work properly for you in OSX. I did hit a brick wall with C7.05 in Win 7, but 7.06 works really well. I think version 7 is a fantastic update feature wise and Cubase is just getting better and better. I have no problems at all paying for the updates. Maybe you should consider booting Win 7 on your MAC, it's worth a try me thinks.

7.5 seems to be a perfect update for me, track visibility in the arrangement window, track version and "tab to transient". Boy I have been waiting for transient snapping for ages, it's going to substantially speed up my work flow when doing dead-head editing on acoustic guitars and drums. Maybe even on vocals, depending on how well it works.

And VST Connect 2 SE is a killer. I'm using VST Connect 2 PRO and it's really really good! HUGE improvement from the SE version in Cubase 7.

Keep up the good work, Steinberg! :D

Fred
Sound On Sound contributor
by ninjafreddan
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Since when did software developers begin charging for half versions? My understanding is that 7.5 is not a "NEW" version, as "Cubase 8" would be. [..] I paid for version 7 and you're telling me 7.5 is, essentially, a new version and you must be paid for it - so, in essence, I've paid $575 for version 7? It essentially appears that the 7.5 "upgrade," with the exception of a couple of features, is just an attempt to force me to buy your plugins.
Come on, man! The update cost 50 euro and there are actually a couple of new cool functions along with the usual update of plug-ins. I'm not a sales rep for Steinberg, but we should happily pay for the updates, because that's what's keep them coming.
Regarding new plug-ins, well if Steinberg would release a paid update without new plug-ins, then even more people would question having to pay for it, right?

I think Steinberg has a sensible pricing of their update, especially compared to Avid and Pro Tools. On the other end of the spectrum is Apple Logic Pro that merely costs $199. BUT it took them FOUR years to update the program. Not cool in my book. And I think Cubase users are rather spoiled at being able to actually communicate with representatives of Steinberg, reporting bugs and wishing for new features. Try contacting AVID or Apple and you're probably more lucky sending a beacon into Outer Space.

I'll pay for the update because I use these tools constantly, but don't look to me for continued brand loyalty. I'll learn a new interface if I have to in order to protect my wallet.
Hehe, well you just won't find an interface that's as complete and versatile as Cubase. I know, I've tried them all.

Just pay Steinberg and be happy with the update. If you charge for your services I reckon the new "tab to transient" function will save you hours of editing time each week. At least it will for me. Been waiting a long time for that function, being used to work with Pro Tools HD.

I've been using Cubase for as long as I can remember, and it just keeps getting better and better.

Cheers
Fred
Sound On Sound contributor
by ninjafreddan
Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic