Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: How to select a range from the locators (on a single tra

Those commands are global and not track based. You are trying to use global tools to do a non global edit. Not very efficient.

Explain what you want to accomplish (not what tools you want to use to do it) and I'm sure someone may be able to help.
by ErikG
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Film Music Scoring: how to isolate video track from Reve

Unfortunately without intending to sound mean it's "back to school"...
You have to try to learn and understand your tools to be able to deliver what is needed.
As a film and TV re-recording mixer, I'd get a bit scared if the person delivering a music mix didn't know how to mix or how the program should be set up to deliver what I need.
So either you need to employ a mix engineer, or learn your tools. Signal flow and bussing is the very basic of sound know how that everyone working professionally with sound just have to understand IMHO.
Spend the time to do it properly now, or it will come to bite you in your backside in no time...
by ErikG
Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 / 8 - 'Unlimited' Inserts

Two comps in a row is a pretty regular way to deal with sound, one with faster attack/release for peak control and one with slower settings that is used more as a sound shaping compressor.
by ErikG
Tue May 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VCAs

Ju, VCAs are very useful when tweaking large projects both faders and sends (if included in the VCA concept). You can control tracks without mixing them.
In a score mix I would use the following VCAs just for strings: decca, close, wide, ambient. Could I do that using groups, yes, but I don't want them in different groups, I want it all assigned to one string group not multiple.

In a post mix I can have specific control of various type tracks regardless of what group or bus they are routed to. I can still control any fader individually at the same time as I can control the overall level of the VCA controlled signals.

VCAs add another layer of control and flexibility that can not be achieved easily using other methods.
I have used many "real" consoles over the years as well as PT (but prefer Nuendo) and in general VCAs are the most underused and misunderstood tools there is. Just like the PLE in Nuendo is.
I loved the VCA implementation in our old neve Capricorn console.
by ErikG
Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Event Envelope - unity in center of waveform display?

For some reason a fix for this has not been prioritized.
And yes, the current implementation is cut level only.
But there is some logic to it.
The vertical center of a audio event is always a 6db cut.
by ErikG
Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 / 8 - 'Unlimited' Inserts

I fully agree Bredo, it's not a big thing at all for me. I just feel I need to argue against ideas that makes the product less usable than it is today.
And of course normal pre/post switches would be a good solution for everyone.

There are a lot of things that need attention before they start messing with inserts...
by ErikG
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic