Search found 16 matches

Return

Audio export improvement!!

Please steinberg, when exporting a track and reimporting it as an audio track, make the newly created track inserted right after selected track , and NOT at the bottom of the project window, which forces us to scroll down, find the track, grab it and bring it back to where it was. Really annoying.

I've been asking for this since Cubase 4. Come on guys :D

Thanks.
by patcub
Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Freezing several tracks at once

The title says it all, would be useful, and save some time, to be able to freeze/unfreeze several tracks at once.
by patcub
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groove Agent SE4 is great!

I have to say THANK YOU steinberg for including this great little sampler in cubase, it's an amazing tool, and I might even be replacing NI battery with it. Still Battery has a great modulation matrix with LFOs and enveloppes, but other than that GASE4 has everything else I think, a lot can be done with it, it's really awesome, worth the upgrade alone.

EDIT: another big difference with battery is there is no effects per cell/pad but only for the whole kit.
by patcub
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at last.

Well going into C7.5 more deeply, I have to say thank you steinberg: tab to transients, playlists, sampler, multi output instrument tracks... all requested from the users, Steinberg do listen to customers! I'm glad to be on this boat.
by patcub
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent SE4 is great!

1) yes there are 3 options of drag n drop from media bay : add, replace, and add to consecutive pads
2) you can assign each pad to an exclusive group, the two sounds won't play at the same time
by patcub
Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now VST rack is so huge. What for ???

yes I understand.

I too find it a little bit confusing, now there is all the VSTi's used as instrument track + the instruments in the instrument rack, it's supercharged and I don't understand why.

The way it was before is more clear IMHO, instruments tracks in the project window and instrument racks...in the instrument rack.

Also we should be able to assign any parameter to the Quick Control knobs, with a learn function.
by patcub
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dry/Wet Mix knob for all plugins

Would be nice to have a Dry/Wet mix knob built in Cubase for all plugins including 3rd party plugins, VST2 and VST3
by patcub
Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick controls - Controlling multiple parameters at once

I would love the same features as we find in ableton live regarding controlling plugins, ie having the ability to group several controls or parameters under one slider, and being able to adjust the depth of the control for each one.

Seems basic but not implemented in cubase yet as far as I know, I'm really missing this feature these days.

Thanks Steinberg!
by patcub
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

Yeah, i would like the plugin to stay in front of the mixer in my second monitor. Please fix this.
by patcub
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

doesn't work with full screen mode and neither with always on top mode.

The only way to make it work is spreading the project window accross both monitors as stated. This needs to get fixed.
by patcub
Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because it's obvious steinberg is not going to FIX this. They don't get another penny from me. In stead I bought a 3th monitor. Now all my plugins are on the 3th monitor.

I would advise everyone to do the same, get them where it hurts...

One can't buy new gear to compensate to half baked features from steinberg. This needs a fix.

And for people saying you can spread the main window accross the two monitors, well my two monitors are not the same size, so this is not a solution for me.

I can't spend more money on monitors only because of a bug or because SB implements features too quickly only to advertise on it and sell more licences. If it doesn't work 100% as it should it's not a problem for them as long as they make money on it.
by patcub
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How disappointing was Steinberg at their home show ?

Yes, Cubase is an awesome DAW, and with the problems AVID is facing nowadays, Steinberg is having a strategic opportunity to take advantage of the market.

I think they worked hard to offer a top notch product, I'm glad I work with cubase and I trust steinberg/yamaha.
by patcub
Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Complete Cubase with these...

For me steinberg must change its point of view toward a producer perspective...cubase is probably the best daw for mixing, but it lacks on the side of creativity....i mean, the automation system is the same from cubase sx, nothing is really changed....there is not a modular or a pseudo-modular enviroment where a modulation source can modulate multiple parameters (plugins, volume, pan, etc..) at once. The quickcontrols are so limited that i think that not many of us use them. Why add another reverb, another compressor, another eq, another tape simulation, who needs these?? We have all the tools for a great mixing and if you abosuletly need another tape simulation go to Slate digital and buy the Virtual tape machine or Nebula or another one. I would like that cubase becomes more then a solid daw for mixing and arranging, but an enviroment that inspires me, and actually i miss this factor in cubase. Steinberg should take a look to other daws like ableton, bitwig, flstudio and take some good ideas from them (why not??).
For example, why not add hybrid tracks in cubase 8 with a real bounce in place function? You can have midi and audio on the same track and bounce in place midi to audio...how powerful is this? Why not invest your energies in new ideas to improove creativity and workflow in cubase, instead of adding new reverb and compressors?

+1

couldn't agree more. I don't need any compressor, reverb or synth from steinberg. I can buy them from small independent developpers or big companies, cheap or expensive, there's alot to choose from. I never used any cubase softsynth once in my life.

As for console emulations, they all sound like crap to me. When compared to real analog summing anyway.

Maybe Steinberg could model analog summing within cubase's mix console? Emulating crosstalk between channels and non linearities, a bit like an enhanced version of Protools Heat. But if they're planning in giving us "another" crap console emulation plugin, please don't. Everybody already owns one of these (Waves NLS, sonimus satson, slate digital VCC, sknote, nebula whatever).
by patcub
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 /8.5/9...

Quality takes a lot of CPU power. They can't release a super quality sounding DAW that will take too much ressources. You won't be able to achieve anything with this kind of DAW. Buying your own quality plugins gives some flexibility in the way you manage your computer ressources.
by patcub
Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 wishes

Nice, I like the vocalign idea.

For me it would be:

1-bounce in place
2- improved quick controls: macro controls like ableton live + some LFO modulation for all quick controls
3- multitrack freezing
4- colorcoding the entire channel in the mix console
5- a vst rack for effects with the list of all plugins used as inserts in the project, with a search engine to access them quickly
by patcub
Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic