Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

If the specs+documentation cannot be realised in the software, then, the software is not fit for purpose, and (again IMO) the marketing and documentation that gets published with the 'released software' should be amended detailing to consumers that the feature sets are not available.

That's a joke, right?

...I'm tired of shelling out the 49 (or whatever) euro every year, in the hope / belief that this will be the stable release, I keep seeing, all these glossy new iDEVICE apps, and new synths, and tools, and bits and pieces, but still not seeing a rock solid foundation and framework from SB.

Maybe you misinterpret the meaning of .5, it is for features not improvements.

..yep its a joke awright !
I do appreciate that the .5 release (in a release version control convention of x.y.z (where y=5 in our case), is meant for functional and feature enrichment. I have NO probs with what y=5 means, this is typical release branding notation, which I am VERY familiar with.

Isn't interesing that SB, have not called it "7.1.0" (and the same was done in 6.0 to 6.5, why did this not go to 6.1?)?? It encompases functional/feature enrichment, it should have been incremented up by only one minor branch release on the code-tree node.
Is moving to a midpoint [ .5 ] somehow supposed to qualm the user community, into a miss belief that this is nearly a major architectural upgrade [which btw imo seemed accurate to do b/w 6 and 7 release].

One could imagine and specualte at the market acceptance, if it was branded as 6.1 - and now 7.1 [which it should be versioned at this level - in my opinion], and the user-noise that would've probably resulted == and no doubt in my opinion, un noticed.

I do not have probs with SB releasing new version of 7.5 and feature enrichement, just pointing out that there are many issues still not working as they should be in the core 7.0.z branch of the software.

Looking at SB past patch (.z) release schedule, I could not see them releasing more than another two (at absolute best 3) patch itterations, taking 7.0.z to at best around 7.0.9. Looking at the payload of core issues, and what is delivered as part of the patch re-dress [in the patch release notes] , I am still not seeing a high yield ratio of corrections to apparent functional requirements that are not operating satisfactorily.

Sure, there are as other members have pointed out, other corrections that are addressed (and not often listed in the fix.release.notes {which as a developer myself, scares me a little}.

It is obvious [to me at least] to see and observe this in the reading of so many frustrated users on this
forum, = yes I too am one of 'em.
I have a long and extended history with using SB/Cubase, .. whilst I am not a massive post/contriubutor to this forum, and my tag reads with something line 'new member 2011', I have been using Cubase since 1.0 (ie prioir to it even moving to VST), not being nostalgic, just wanting stabilty, and functional requirements that work as prescribed out in the documentation.
by StefK
Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

It’s the same thing every time an update is announced…

Compiled *witch* List

1. It should be free… free.. free.. free… I want it to be free… Everything should be free… free… free… Everything except me because, well, because…
2. I hate these new features…. hate… hate… hate… hate these new features… I’ll never use them and they suck anyway event though I’ve never used them and don’t know a thing about them…
3. I want the old mixer back… Give me the old mixer… Give me the old mixer… I hate the new mixer… hate… hate… hate…
4. There should be 500 different versions of Cubase… No, 1000 versions, no 100,000 versions. One made specially for me… me… me… me…
5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word… Until next week when I download the update because I hate Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word…
6. All software except Cubase is perfect… perfect… perfect… perfect… It all works exactly perfectly… It even works when I’m not using it… And its free free free… And I have my own version of it that they gave me for free… And did I mention its perfect?

Steinberg does a damn fine job of building ridiculously complex software which sells at a ridiculously low price.

I agree! If we had some free steak knives thrown into the bundle though....
by StefK
Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic