Search found 8 matches

Return

N6.5 Beta Tester

Hello Steinberg Officials,

How can I become a beta tester for N6.5?
by JoDell19
Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: N6.5 Beta Tester

JoDell19 wrote:Hello Steinberg Officials,

How can I become a beta tester for N6.5?

Wait til release day ;)
by iBM
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUE] Slow EuCon refresh in Mavericks

Thanks Ollie!
I rolled back to ML. Does Mavericks work for you? Any issue?

Mavericks is fine on the 4 systems I have installed it on.
If you have more than 2 monitors for your desktop it will sometimes not open windows - that can be quite annoying.
Also I have had some situations where Nuendo would suddenly not show waveforms when moving clips in the project window. This can be cured by restarting Nuendo. Apart from that it's very stable and reliable.

Ollie
by Oliver.Lucas
Mon May 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Thanks Chewy for the answer. Should I upgrade my system to 16 GB of RAM and limit my plugins to certain brands or should I save the money for a new Mac Pro?

Antonio… I really don't know. In my case , I'm holding off on the new Mac Pro (and Mavericks) for the indefinite future-- this old 2008 tower that I got for $1k is doing me just fine, and I don't look forward to the expense of investing in new equipment to make my UAD stuff work (meaning either a Thunderbolt->PCIe chassis or an Apollo).

Were I in your situation I'd definitely go for the RAM, and completely troubleshoot my plugins to ensure one of them isn't at the root of crashing. Also… if there's ANY possibility of your having a bad RAM module-- look into that. Bad RAM can be really hard to track, and reveals itself in all sorts of inconvenient ways. Inexplicable crashes being one of them.

Like you, I get the "video service unavailable" thing every once in a while, and that infernal EuCon crash on exit. But other than that, my Nuendo has been really consistent. And those aren't problems that are going to be solved by a new system.

I haven't seen anything thus far to make, for me , a switch to one of the new Mac Pros very attractive at all.

That's my perspective!

Chewy
by Chewy Papadopoulos
Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit

I have been experimenting with this issue. As of right now, I think it may be my Midi interface driver. I updated to the latest driver, and had nothing but issues. I uninstalled the midi interface, and the crashing stopped. I rolled it back to the orginal driver that came with the unit when first purchased, and things seem to work. This is an important reason to burn everything on disc, such as drivers. It makes it easier to get back to where you once were. If the crashing returns, I will be back on this post.
by JoDell19
Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the best video codec to ask the editor?

You need a format that have fully rendered frames, with other codecs it is within the decoding process (playback) that the "missing" frames are recalculated. That is why it brings Nuendo to it's knees.
Convert it to a format that is intended for editing such as Avid dnx36, Apple prores or Photo Jpeg.

Fredo
by Fredo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mountain Lion vs Mavericks

Yes. Very unstable. Although you know how it goes....im using a version of Nuendo that's not approved for Mavericks. But, at this point jbridge is my only significant issue.

The GUI on VB3 barely functions. Jbridge will hang on quitting requiring force quit
by Hopetown
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Issue] Video service is currently not responsive

So far after about a week with your "fix," Antonio, it's been working. I've only had one crash, but it wasn't a video service issue (at least no warning popped up). I've switched between video projects all day and not had one lock up. Nice going. I wound up copying the N6 app and renaming it "Nuendo 6 Improved." I replaced that videoengine.bundle. So now in my dock I have Nudendo 5.5, Nuendo 6, and Nuendo 6 Improved. Choices, choices.
by Neil K
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic