Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Proposed new DAW ... any comments/suggestions appreciate

The deed is done. As described in the 2d build, a few posts above. Thank you everybody for the helpful comments and suggestions!

Got the build from ADK. Worked with a Chris Ludwig, very patient, very helpful. He will also load Cubase 7.5.?0, the UAD-2 solo card, and optimize/tweak. Might get him to load my Jamstix 3 as well, you get 3 free loads I believe, though I might use those up with the UR28M.

Can't wait to have a system that won't make me bounce down just about everything just so I can keep working!

:)
by alexis
Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Too much RAM, any ideas? :-)

yes you bought too much
virtual drives (ram drives) are near pointless and all data is gone when you reboot/turn off/crash.
buying an SSD is a far better option.
Hey Scott, thanks for all your input over the years, great source of inspiration!
Alas, there's already 2 SSDs chugging away in my system... :mrgreen:

B.
by islandmusicpro
Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recomended cpu for audio desktop

i can admit to Scott' statement that he does know what he's talking about and not just making a bold statement.
His job is indeed making pro-audio workstations for years.

http://www.adkproaudio.com/

Take a peek in the client list and then you can see that this a pro level advise.
But that statement on the steinberg site is there for some years now, and you're not the first who makes this referal to the steinberg site. That can explain the short reply.

Sometimes we can grow a big beard before they update/correct anything on their site, certainly when it's in their advisory-database.
Personally i am waiting for months now to see if someday, sometime, they will actually remake their download link to Halion 5 in the location where it should be. (on the download page) But i'm still waiting.

So back on topic: i would go for the I7. :-)

kind regards,
R.
by roel
Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic