Hello and welcome to the Steinberg forum! Please have in mind that this forum is a user forum, where users or future Steinberg customers can find answers to their problems or questions from other users.
Steinberg provides the technology and platform to support this forum but please have in mind that the moderation is done by Steinberg employees in their free and spare time and if you need urgent support or you couldn't find what you where looking for here, please use the official support contact methods. You will find the information within your MySteinberg account. Have fun on the forum!
By registering and taking part in the forum discussions, you agree to abide by the following Terms & Conditions:
General rules, terms and conditions
(If you are new to this forum, please read the following section before posting.)
- Use the search function. This will help you find more information about specific subjects. It is probable that your question has already been answered.
- Only one registration per person is permitted. The creation of multiple user IDs may cause ALL existing IDs associated with the user to be suspended.
- Do not post any material which is knowingly false, inaccurate, harmful, threatening, harassing, invasive of a person's privacy, or tending unreasonably.
- Do not post material that is racist, abusive, vulgar, hateful, obscene, sexually oriented, or otherwise violates any German law.
- Copyrighted material must not be posted unless it is owned either by you or you have the rights to it.
- No links are permitted to websites offering pirate/cracked/illegal software or illicit music and/or video downloads.
- You may also include a link to a website in your personal signature (which appears under each post) or on your User Profile page, but please make sure these are relevant to the community. Anybody using this facility as a gateway to promote things that are considered “spam” (for example, promoting a retail website that has nothing to do with music) will be warned by the moderating team.
- Chain letters, pyramid schemes and similar are expressly forbidden in all forums.
- You remain personally responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
- Although the Steinberg Forum does not and cannot review all the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of messages posted by forum members, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
- You hereby consent to the Steinberg Forum disclosing information we hold about you to any proper prosecuting or investigating authority in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message/comment posted by you here in the Steinberg Forum.
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, the owners of this site, reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. If so, you will be shown a revised set of Forum Rules when you next attempt to post and you will once again be offered the opportunity to Accept or Decline.
Forum posting etiquette
- Requests for links to, or support for, pirated/cracked software are expressly forbidden. Offending posts are liable to be removed and persistent offenders will be banned from the forums. Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH reserves the right to report and ban the IP address of persistent offenders.
- Threats, abusive language, “NSFW”/inappropriate content/links and general “trolling” will not be tolerated.
- By the same point, please ensure that if you choose to use an Avatar (the picture under your username) that it is in good taste, “SFW” and adheres to forum guidelines — no profanity or adult content is permitted. The same applies for any images linked or uploaded to posts you make or uploaded to your User Profile page.
- Please only start threads once and in the correct forum. Threads or posts cross-posted in multiple sub forums may all be deleted. In addition, please do not “bump” multiple threads with the same response — pick the most appropriate place for your post and post it in one place only.
- Spam posts. If you stumble across a post which is obviously spam/generated by a spambot, please do not reply to the thread. Simply use the “report” button and a moderator will take care of it. Spambots don’t care what kind of sarcasm you write back at them — their sole goal is to populate search engine results with their garbage, so by replying to those posts you are probably making the problem worse.
- No shouting. Posting in ALL CAPITALS is considered bad form and the equivalent of shouting. Resist all temptation to use them, for there is a chance your post will be deleted or ignored by other members.
- Please stick to the topic at hand. Off-topic posts will be deleted, and you may be banned from threads and/or entire forums for repeating offenses. It is fine to be critical of a product, but if you go on and on and on about it, especially if the topic isn’t related to your criticism, then this will be considered “off-topic”.
- Please keep your forum signature tasteful and as subtle as possible. Posts from users with annoyingly large, rude or complex signatures are more likely to be ignored by other members. Please also refrain from including anything political or religious in your signature — you will be asked to change it and may lose your signature privileges.
- Unfortunately the Steinberg Forums sometimes attract the attention of Internet trolls who seek to cause disharmony among the legitimate users by making spurious or inflammatory posts. Please do not feed the troll, specially after midnight. Anyone suspected of this kind of behavior will be warned by the moderating team (check your forum’s Private Messages). Continued inappropriate posts will result in the immediate deletion of their user account.
- Do not harass or insult other members via the Private Messaging system or via the “E-mail User” proxy service we offer. Doing so may get your account banned permanently.
- You may post grievances you are having with our software, dealers, etc., but you may not “call out” companies or people by name in your thread title. Please note that we may edit or remove these threads/posts without warning. Please only post this type of thread if all other avenues of resolution are exhausted and a suitable amount of time has passed. For example, national/bank holidays, trade shows, etc. can influence shipping and communication time. Be sure that you’ve taken everything into account first. If you have any doubts, please contact a moderator first.
- The Steinberg Forum’s user base comprises people from all different backgrounds and skill levels: from people who just bought their first audio interface today to seasoned award-winning professionals who have forgotten more about their craft than some of us will ever know. Please allow “newbies” to find their way without pressure and ridicule — we were all “noobs” at one time — and help them where you can. By the same token, please respect that some of our “senior” and well-respected forum members did not get to where they are today by knowing nothing. Please show appropriate respect, even when you disagree with them. If you are seen to be “driving away” more senior members it is likely your access will be restricted! Additionally, although this is an English/German-speaking forum and we require posts to be in English or German, please tolerate imperfect spelling and grammar from our non-native speaking members.
- The community works best when its members self-police. Please use the Report button on posts in order to bring them to a moderator’s attention. You can use this for everything from spam reporting to abusive member conduct to even to report posts that are obviously in the wrong place. Please do not abuse the Report function (and it’s most certainly not to be used simply because you disagree with another user). We rely on reported posts to help police the site. so thanks in advance for your help!
- Please treat others like you would like to be treated: healthy arguments are absolutely welcomed, but if they get out of hand your forum access may be put at risk! Please note that you can “block” users via an “Add Foe” feature found in the drop-down menu under the user's name. Please use this feature if another user is causing you problems that cannot be solved by simply ignoring them. Please also do not engage with anyone who is obviously “trolling” — any posts you make which quote the “troll” may be permanently deleted without warning, even if they otherwise include valuable information. Use the Report button and the Ignore List instead!
Warnings and banning
- The first time you breach one of the above mentioned points you will receive a warning, anybody can make mistakes.
- Like in football, if you receive a second warning you will be suspended temporarily from the forums. The time can vary depending on the seriousness of the fault.
- There will be no third warning. The next time you fail to comply with the forum rules your account will be banned permanently.
How to notify us of objectionable material
- If you feel that a posted message is objectionable, please alert the moderators of that forum by clicking on the exclamation mark (!) icon of the post in question. The Forum administrators and moderators can remove objectionable messages, and we will make every effort to do so as soon as we can, if we determine that a removal is necessary.
- You may also contact us by email through forumadmin(tb)steinberg.net.