VST Instrument Sets Location

So I spend the last 45 minutes ruining yet another inspired start of an evening browsing the forum for solutions to missing/moved content. Al the answers and subjects are getting cluttered more and more with questions like mine here.
Content location really is a flaw with Cubase.

I’ll not get into what I just went through the past two hours, but,

I whish they would for godsakes just write a -if need be perhaps standalone- tool to rescan / repoint / administer all the migrating presets / moving databases / relocate content .
This is certainly not the first time I run into this stuff.

What about building a new computer, and trying to migrate sounds that you rated in the media bay, or your own presets. There’s just not a clear pointed out easy to find way to do this.
This makes the otherwise great database tool much less durable, if one cannot have the confidence of building a library that will last over a couple of generations of computers or even Cubase versions.

I just re-downloaded the hsse2 content and re-installed. That worked, after manually pointing C7.5 to the 29 files one item each when asked to do so. a simple ‘auto scan’ in recent folder would have been nice.
Geeezz. Steinberg and content management.
I like to look at the positive side of things but can’t help but be disappointed tonight.