Drum Sample Randomizer

Drum Sample Randomizer

Postby to_the_sun » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 am

Can anyone confirm a response to a question someone gave me over on another site's forum?

"Not sure if Yamaha loopmash can do things like that."

in response to my post:

"A favorite VSTi of mine is Oatmeal, because it has a 'random' button which you can click to get a completely unique sound to work with. I record with my keyboard and it all the time. I even play my drums through it sometimes and it got me wondering, has anyone heard of a sample randomizer? Something where you click a button and get a completely random kit of samples (taken maybe from the files in some specified folder)? Or swap out samples individually, drum by drum? Is this something that is even feasible with a VST? How about some other method?"
to_the_sun

Re: Drum Sample Randomizer

Postby Smoker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:27 am

get a completely random kit of samples (taken maybe from the files in some specified folder)?
Smoker

Re: Drum Sample Randomizer

Postby lukasbrooklyn » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:33 am

to_the_sun wrote:Can anyone confirm a response to a question someone gave me over on another site's forum?

"Not sure if Yamaha loopmash can do things like that."

in response to my post:

"A favorite VSTi of mine is Oatmeal, because it has a 'random' button which you can click to get a completely unique sound to work with. I record with my keyboard and it all the time. I even play my drums through it sometimes and it got me wondering, has anyone heard of a sample randomizer? Something where you click a button and get a completely random kit of samples (taken maybe from the files in some specified folder)? Or swap out samples individually, drum by drum? Is this something that is even feasible with a VST? How about some other method?"

i believe this should be incorporated across the DAW, it's such a powerful tool. select any vst(i) parameter(s), select the range you want to zero in on, and hit random...
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.2, c6
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, ...

http://www.lukasturza.com
lukasbrooklyn

Return to LoopMash