Cubase IC Issue.

Cubase IC Issue.

Postby realizment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 am

Hey guys,

Does Cubase IC not work if you have the computer wired trough ethernet? The iDevice and the computer are connected to same network but naturally the system is hardwired via ethernet it does have wifi for obvious reasons?

Any workaround? Thanks!

D
Work hard, dream hard...
realizment

Re: Cubase IC Issue.

Postby kelp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:10 am

Wired host PC here. iDevice on WiFi. Works fine. What have you tried so far to get it working?
kelp

Postby realizment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 am

I am just following the instructions have restarted cubase and ic few times nothing ill try restart the pc. Any ideas?>

thanks
Work hard, dream hard...
realizment

Postby kelp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 am

What instructions? These instructions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws9pV30Vfy8

He describes creating an ad hoc network. You shouldn't have to do that if you have a WiFi connection already set up through, say, a wireless router. The point is that both the computer and iDevice are on the same WiFi network.

So you downloaded and installed the SKI Remote extension and activated it? What iDevice are you using? Are you using IC Pro? What version?

Are you aware there's a dedicated forum for IC Pro that includes posts about solving connectivity issues?

http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=33830

It could be as simple as a missed step in setup or there could be network setup or firewall issues.
kelp

Postby realizment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:17 am

Hey thanks.

Im using the free one. I want to try it out. I downloaded the SKI REMOTE. Added it in devices. Opened app and its not showing up. Im using an iphone 5. Latest iOS.

No i didnt know there was a forum thank you! My Host computer is wired to the wireless router that the idevice is connected to.

That should be it right?
Work hard, dream hard...
realizment

Postby realizment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:41 am

I have no ad hoc option because im not using a wireless card. Are you sure yours is set up with a wired host and wireless device. your not using Ad hoc?
Work hard, dream hard...
realizment

Postby realizment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:56 am

Ok i got it i need to install bonjour... Hey so how do you use the ic free to return to just the left marker?
Work hard, dream hard...
realizment

Postby realizment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 am

I guess just setting a marker work be the easiest right. see im trying to set up so i can set it to record vocals from the booth. I not seeing any tracks though is it possible via this free one to go from one track to the next?
Work hard, dream hard...
realizment

Postby BriHar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:15 pm

As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase 7.5.20 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 8GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
BriHar

Postby kelp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Well done, realizment!

I'm not sure what the free version offers. I think I used it once and only to control the transport. It's not a deep app. If it's not obvious from the app screen it's probably not possible to set markers, change tracks, etc.

Setting markers and navigating with them is a feature specifically mentioned on Steinberg's IC Pro site.
kelp

Return to Cubase iC