Register a steinberg licence ?

All topics on the Yamaha Vintage and RND Portico Plug-ins

Register a steinberg licence ?

Postby jules » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Well, it's embarassing but i'm searching for a way to get my activation code with the licence number Jrr shop just sent me. And that's freaky complicated, or i'm freaky dumb, because i'm searching now for more than 30 minutes, in vain. Any help appreciated :mrgreen: !
W7 64, intel q6600 quad core, 8 g ram, ssd, cubase 7
jules

Re: Register a steinberg licence ?

Postby Rotund » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 am

Here is what I did...

Insert your USB key, load up the latest version of eLC, then hit the "Enter Activation Code" button.
Enter the Code from JRR here.
Download your license.
Run the plugins.

After all that, I couldn't find the installers on the Steinberg site. Just the trials and the updates.
Thought I would get a link from Steinberg but no.
So I downloaded the trial version again, installed that and then updated to the latest versions.
Not sure if that was the correct way to go about it but it worked.

Anyone from Steinberg wanna answer that...?
Shouldn't there be links provided when you purchase new software?
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby jules » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks, rotund ! I finally sorted this out : this was a typo in the serial/activation code i received. Everything is ok now and it wasn't steinberg's culprit. By the way, i did not received any dowload links from steinberg, but my trial, already installed on my computer, was converted in a full licence and everything works fine. So i suppose you just have to download the trial, install, buy the licence and it's ok.
W7 64, intel q6600 quad core, 8 g ram, ssd, cubase 7
jules

Postby Rotund » Mon May 06, 2013 7:44 pm

"Thanks, rotund ! I finally sorted this out : this was a typo in the serial/activation code i received. Everything is ok now and it wasn't steinberg's culprit. By the way, i did not received any dowload links from steinberg, but my trial, already installed on my computer, was converted in a full licence and everything works fine. So i suppose you just have to download the trial, install, buy the licence and it's ok."

Good to hear you got it sorted.
I actually filled out a support ticket about the missing download links...
Received a link to download a Portico ISO file.
Now I have the proper installers on my own disc safe and sound.
Not crazy about the extra steps involved but oh well.

This has prompted me to gather all my Steinberg installers and put them into a secure, easy to access place.
Thought I could download again if needed but that seems like more headache then I want.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Return to Yamaha Vintage and Rupert Neve Designs Portico Plug-Ins