Direct monitoring UR28m input3/4 external instrument

I have the same issues with different hardware. The ADM works great on all audio channels; however, I use external midi drums for beats etc. The return busses do not work with the ADM. I can’t find any info in the manuals, regarding direct monitoring capabilities of CB7.5.

The other issue I have is that when it is an external instrument in a vst track (as the manual suggests) the output to the stereo out, can’t be shut off, so I get the annoying latency issues when I over ride the direct monitoring in my interface mixer.

The ideal thing for me, and a lot of others I’m sure, would to have the monitor button turn off the stereo out for the VST track and turn on the ADM for the return buss (analog audio at the physical input). Then when you want to track with the external instrument sounds, you stand a chance of actually being in sync with your material.

Maybe I’m dreaming
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
if this is the wrong forum please advise.

PS
I went back to my old school method, removed all external instruments and created two tracks, one = MIDI receiving data from instrument and, two = audio from the instrument. Both tracks get recorded on the same pass. Therefore, I get both worlds. Don’t need em, but hay if it ain’t broke… :mrgreen: