UR22 Frequency Response @ 96 & 192 kHz ?

I am considering the purchase of a UR22 for use with my laptop. It will be used for audio and also for other measurement purposes.

I wish to confirm the high-frequency performance (say to -1 or -3 dB) of the UR22 when set to a sampling frequency of 96 kHz and 192 kHz.

It appears that the frequency response at a sampling frequency of 192 kHz in other product lines is all over the place, though the Nyquist theorem would suggest that close to 96 kHz would be possible.

For example, if I recall correctly, the RME Fireface UFX starts to roll off about 60 kHz while the same manufacturer’s UCX starts to roll off at 90 kHz, so, since this information does not appear to be published for the UR22, I need to ask.

Thanks!

If no one KNOWS this, it is really easy to measure it as accurately as I need it by using a function generator and recording (let’s say at -10 dBFS) a sweep or a series of tones from 15 kHz to 100 kHz and seeing where the rolloff is at 96 and 192 kHz sampling rates. Just record and look at the resulting waveform display in your DAW.

If I had one, I’d do it, but this is a factor in my making the purchase since I believe some other cards that sample at 192 kHz sampling frequency do NOT have the requisite audio bandwidth in the anti-aliasing filters to effectively make use of the high sampling rate.

As stated above, even RME has a different response at 192 kHz in two products, ranging from 60-90 kHz.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard

Hi,
I don’t have the graphs handy but I did a loopback between the inputs and outputs and used a program called Room EQ Wizard (REW) to create a calibration file. This effectively measures across the entire available frequency range available at the sampling rate you are using. Using ASIO at 48khz I got -1db at 20hz, -1.5 at 20khz. At 196khz I got -1.5db at 20hz and -1db at 20khz then a gradual roll-off to be about -3db at 50khz then a sharper roll-off above this frequency . I will leave it to you to decide whether you consider this to sufficient for your requirements.