CMC-TP not recognized, only sends midi note info

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers

Re: CMC-TP not recognized, only sends midi note info

Postby garbagetruckdriver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:55 am

Hi HJAO,
for me it was just a matter of eliminating other USB drivers and devices. Started with the minimum (say, one fader pack) and ensure that you can get C7, your audio device and one fader pack working. Obviously ensuring you have the latest drivers for everything. Add in device by device (after reboot would be wise) until you find the offending HW and driver.
I had to replace some suspect belkin USB repeaters and finally found that my problems occurred after removing (powering off) a certain piece of hardware (My Fractal AxeFX II). Interestingly, my Yamaha MoX8 keyboard can be switched on and off with no impact on the CMC stability.
I've just learned to live with keeping my AxeFX disconnected unless I need to do editing or firmware upgrades.
Once you know the source of your problem, you should be able to find a work around.
Good Luck.
Hardware MacPro 8core & 2x MacMini i7 OSX 10.8.x
Neve & BAE Pres, Royer & Shure mics, AxeFxII, 65Amps, Dr Z, CAA PT-100, '69 Marshall Plexi Superlead 100, Evil Robot, Mesa Boogie Siletto, Eventide FX, Steinberg CMC controllers (all)
Software Cubase 7.5.x, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments Pro, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments Komplete, AAS Lounge Lizard, 8DIO, Toontrack & SSD4, Heavyocity
Guitars Suhr, Mayones, PRS, Fender, Gibson, Ibanez
Keyboards Yamaha MoX8
garbagetruckdriver

Re: CMC-TP not recognized, only sends midi note info

Postby HJAO » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi GTD,

Thanks for your reaction!
One would almost suspect something like memory-addresses being double used or something (conflict/overlap).
I have not yet found a solution. It remains strange that the controllers do work on standalone versions of some of the Steinberg software but not when used in Cubase 6 nor 7.
Another reaction, in which it was mentioned that working in Administratormode does enable the CMC's, should enable Steinberg to find the rights-matters that make the CMC's act as midi-keyboard in stead of midi controllers.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cubase 6.5.x & Cubase 7.0.x, Intel MAC 10.6.8 Snow Leopard / PC Windows 7 64b, Intel i7-2700k, 16 GB, 256 GB SSD, 2 x 2TB HD's, DynAudio BM12A monitors, Focusrite 24 PRO DSP audio interface, Roland JV-30 keyboard, Roland JV-880 & Vintage Synths board, Roland XV-5050 & SRX-03 & SRX-06 boards, Guitars by Ibanez, Fender & Takamine.
HJAO

Previous

Return to Steinberg CMC Series