IC pro for android?

IC pro for android?

Postby The dman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm

It looks cool but please Steinberg make this available for android. Judging from the comments on your Facebook page there's definitely a demand for it. It's 2013 and Apple isn't the only game in town anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC_LlBn6 ... e=youtu.be
Cubase 6.5.3 , 7.0.6 and 7.5 x64 Windows 7 Ultimate x64
ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3/ i72600k / G.SKILL Ripjaw (4 x 4GB)/SeaSonic X750 Gold PSU/ RME HDSP 9652 / UAD2Quad// Alphatrack/ Alesis HD24XR
User avatar
The dman
Member
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby thinkingcap » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member
 
Posts: 6771
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby crohde » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Hello guys,

We are investigating the possibilities of making the app available to other platforms. :)
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
User avatar
crohde
Moderator
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby Lydiot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Another vote for porting your iOS stuff to the portable OS that's got the largest market share.
Please PM for conversation.
User avatar
Lydiot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby HarrySound » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeah it might have the largest market share but thats because your adding in all the crap budget phones people have.

I have a Galaxy Note so i'm fine but one of the problems with android is that everyones got a different device with a different version of the operating system.
I also have an iPad which I bought 2 weeks ago, the difference is clear as day to me.

iOS is the console of operating systems, you know what your programming for.
Android is the PC of operating systems and you never know how long the list of problems is going to be.


Personally I think these apps in the future should be included with a purchase of Cubase as part of the package.
User avatar
HarrySound
Junior Member
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:17 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby Lydiot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm

HarrySound wrote:Yeah it might have the largest market share but thats because your adding in all the crap budget phones people have.

I have a Galaxy Note so i'm fine but one of the problems with android is that everyones got a different device with a different version of the operating system.
I also have an iPad which I bought 2 weeks ago, the difference is clear as day to me.

iOS is the console of operating systems, you know what your programming for.
Android is the PC of operating systems and you never know how long the list of problems is going to be.


Personally I think these apps in the future should be included with a purchase of Cubase as part of the package.


Nonsense. You program for one version of Android and it's up to people to pick a device that supports it. Just like how you code for iOS version whatever and then the same thing applies. Some upgrade some don't.

But by all means, let's make this into yet another Mac vs. everyone else thread instead of pushing SB to make the app for more than one platform.
Please PM for conversation.
User avatar
Lydiot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby HarrySound » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:29 pm

It's not mac vs anything.
It's fact.


I use windows 7, always have an android phone, and have an ipad.
Once you own all you can compare, and more importantly understand there are many reasons why ios is always the lead platform.
Doesn't mean it won't happen, but there's more than a chance that by the time there is an android app it won't be available for your device or android version.
User avatar
HarrySound
Junior Member
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:17 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby Lydiot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:39 pm

HarrySound wrote:It's not mac vs anything.
It's fact.


I use windows 7, always have an android phone, and have an ipad.
Once you own all you can compare, and more importantly understand there are many reasons why ios is always the lead platform.
Doesn't mean it won't happen, but there's more than a chance that by the time there is an android app it won't be available for your device or android version.


I guess my point is that you writing this serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever if you agree that having it on the Android platform as well would be a good thing.

Oh, and I still think you're wrong, factually.
Please PM for conversation.
User avatar
Lydiot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby HarrySound » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 am

That's ok, I still think I'm right. So we can both be happy then :)
User avatar
HarrySound
Junior Member
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:17 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby mroekalea » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

When comparing ios devices with android devices be sure to include the market price, many android devices are easily 3 till 4 times cheaper. If you take a premium android tablet the difference is little also a A-brand would also help in getting a stable OS environment.
When buying the cheapest china android tablet for 140 dollars you cannot compare it to a ipad.
Menoj
Win8.1, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB with Cubase 7.5, wavelab 8 elements, HSO, MR816X+Focusrite pro 26 IO, Adam P22a + sub8, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 5, VG2, Arturia AF, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), HSO library, Fender Jazz basses, MB octaver, fender bassman 100, Orange AD200B, MB TTE500, TECAMP, Fender & FMC 12 cabs!
mroekalea
Member
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 am
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: IC pro for android?

Postby planetgroove » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:45 pm

crohde wrote:Hello guys,

We are investigating the possibilities of making the app available to other platforms. :)


What about Windows Phone 7.5/7.8 and 8? Would be nice.
planetgroove
New Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time


Return to Cubase iC Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests