Poll: On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

iPhone/iPod touch
11%
iPad
89%

Total votes : 76

Re: Poll: On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

Postby nbadesign » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:12 pm

I have Cubase 7.5.10 running on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and I have used Cubase iC Pro on my iPad2 with iOS 7.0.6.
I said "used" because I could not use it any more. Although I have deinstalled previous version of SKI Remote and installed latest one (1.0.6) and iC Pro recognized my computer immediately upon start, I could not establish any connection. I didn't make any changes on my ad-hoc network connections (both on Win7 and iPad side).
It is interesting that old Cubase iC is recognized by Cubase 7.5.10, but that's only. It could not be used also, but
I don't expect that old version could operate with new SKI Remote. That is also documented at Steinberg site.
Any help or advice?

Alex
nbadesign

Postby jimzepellin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:59 am

I'm running the demo on Android using Cubase7 and windows7.
This was going to be an instant buy when i heard of the Android version but with the problems already mentioned I did pause on the instant purchase. I'm going to get it as it is potentially a great app. As long as it's supported and updated then steinberg can have my cash.
If in doubt scream and shout.
jimzepellin

Postby Patanjali » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:09 am

To the OP, where are the Android options? You can add options as you go along!

mozizo wrote:if i knew steinberg are going to relese IC pro and cubasis for w8 tablets i think ill go w8 tablets..

I tried a few Android for Windows emulators, but they either wouldn't install or were too laggy on my Acer W511 Atom tablet. I just wanted a bigger view of the iC Pro transport screen.

I still think that, like Cubase itself, iC Pro needs to be more configurable, like changing the size of the time location to be suitable for my eyes unaided so I don't have to wear reading glasses on the videos, or making the transport buttons larger to be able to touch them while stretching over a guitar. And it would be nice to have a scrub control screen that hasn't got the ridiculously small controls currently on the transport bar.

I would like a Windows based iC Pro to have a desktop version with multiple iC Pro windows with different functions in each, just because you can then use a large screen all-in-one. The advantage of multiple windows, instead of a single multi-info screen, is that an individual window could be changed to its configuration view while all the others continue to show their live info.

AND, a Windows iC Pro MUST be able to use multi-touch. There is no excuse to remain touch-dumb like Cubase itself.
Patanjali

Half of the folk music duo, DevaKnighT. Music available from CD Baby (MP3/FLAC) and the usual culprits. All recorded and processed on Cubase 7.x at 192k.

Comp: i7-4930K : Asus P9X79-E WS : 32GB : GV-N750OC-2GI : SSDx4+2 : UAD-2Q : Dell S2340Tx2 & Samsung UA55HU9000W 4K.
HW: Nmn U87 Ai : JA251x2 : YRG : Korg padKontrol+uKEY2 : RME FF400+800 : M-Patch-2 : Tannoy Reveal Active+TS-12.
SW: Win 8.1 Pro 64 : Cubase 7.5.20 64 : iC Pro : RX3Adv : Ozone5Adv : Goliath/SO PP/Pianos/Gypsy : Sup.Drum 2.0 : AT7.
Patanjali

Postby Svenne » Thu May 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Norbury Brook wrote:Been waiting to use this on my iPad again but for gods sake fix the direct monitoring crashing issue that's been stopping me use this for the last 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really unacceptable especially as it mainly affects people using Steinberg hardware!

MC

It appears to have been addressed:
viewtopic.php?f=174&t=40375&p=329184&hilit=direct+monitoring+crashing#p330549

As far as I can see, all who are having (or had) problems are using Windows. Is this a Windows specific problem, or are there any Mac users who's had similar experiences?
Cubase 7.5.20 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 Mavericks, Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced)
Svenne

Postby zephonic » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:29 am

Frankly, I don't use it anymore. The functionality is too limited and flawed. I suppose I should check for updates to see if previous gripes have been addressed, but you know...
Cubase 6.5.3 - Halion 5 - HalionSonic 2 - assorted plugins/instruments
2009 MacPro 2.66 quad (12GB RAM) on 10.8.5
Avid Mbox3Pro
iPad4 - Cubase iC Pro
zephonic

Previous

Return to Cubase iC Pro