So 7.5 is here (almost)

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Postby beatpete » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:33 pm

StefK wrote:
beerbong wrote:Well, if you think about it many new features affect almost all areas of Cubase. Audio, Midi, Chord tracks. Racks and VST Instrument tracks. Would it not be better to have a beta phase just in case? :?:

We do have a beta phase, this is the 7.0.0 upto the 7.0.6 (I will only just concede that 7.0.6 is fit for purpose and IMO considered close to GR (general release)) else, really the others have been release.candidates. [and still .RC on the MAC platform.. I still dare NOT use 7.0.6 on MAC].
We (the registered community) seem to be beta testing for them, for several releases, then the new x.5 release comes along, .. and we all jump on board this merry go round, for yet another spin ... "cue up that promo guy, telling us about the amazing feature set !" roll up, roll up!!

I often wonder (being a software developer myself) what testing/qa'ing really happens at SB dev headquarters?
If the specs+documentation cannot be realised in the software, then, the software is not fit for purpose, and (again IMO) the marketting and documentation that gets published with the ' released software ' should be ammended detailing to consumers that the feature sets are not avaialble.

...I'm tired of shelling out the 49 (or whatever) euro every year, in the hope / belief that this will be the stable release, I keep seeing, all these glossy new iDEVICE apps, and new synths, and tools, and bits and pieces, but
still not seeing a rock solid foundation and framework from SB.

.. Im tried of being an unpaid beta tester for SB, and more tired of their means to keep drawing me out every 12 or so months to pay for yet (potentially) another fresh set of new bugs ..

SB : please review your published doccumentation for 7.0.6. The details re feature set of the product, and ensure that it is functioning rock solid as you(SB) have listed and defined, and sold us, the idea that is how it should be correctly working.

I agree 100%!!!
I paid for but didn't use Cubase 7 until 7.06 (was quite happy using 6.5). I wasted a lot of time trying to use 7 (7.01.7.02,7.03.7.04.7.05) during those 9 months of "beta testing" and was very frustrated with the whole experience.
I love Cubase and have used it since Cubase VST and, although most new versions were a bit "buggy", 7 was (is) ridiculous.
I'm using 7.06 now and I do appreciate the new layout and features (and the new stuff in 7.5) but I feel a little let down by Steinberg, never an admission to releasing 7 too early which was VERY obviously the case.
I will gladly pay for the new update, I just hope I can use it before summer next year (7.56)!

Steinberg: Will there be a comprehensive list of bug fixes in 7.5?
Comp1: Windows 7 64bit, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, Intel I7 970, 12 gig Patriot DDR3 ram, RME Digiface, Steinberg MR816x, Geoforce 66000 PCIe, , Cubase 7.5.20 64bit
Comp 2:Windows 7 64bit,Celeron G540,16 gb ram, VEPro.
beatpete

Postby dr4kan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:47 pm

papi61 wrote:Here's an idea: instead of having multiple Cubase versions based on how much stuff comes included, how about multiple versions targeted at different kinds of customers? You know, like a version for sound engineers, with none of the "beatz" nonsense but great and solid FX and --most importantly-- a super-stable engine, or a version for film composers, which is also super-stable but offers professional scoring features (you know, like Finale and Sibelius), professional video features, professional syncing features etc. And then a version for the "beatzmakers", that can very likely be the most successful but that trades stability for more and more "gravy", like a ton of loops, a gazillion VST's etc.

I'm pretty sure I only use 10% tops of what comes included with Cubase (instruments, FX, loops --which I NEVER use-- etc.), but I'm still paying for it.

I quote every single word.
Cubase 7.5, Mac i7 16 GB ram (512 + 512 Samsung 840 pro), OSX 10.9.0
MR816X, Motu Ultralite, UAD 2, MCU Pro, CC121, Adam A7x, Axiom 49...
dr4kan

Postby Rymdis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:12 pm

This better be a bug fix-release as well as a "new features"-release. They have plenty of bugs to deal with IMO. Spending time with NEW features instead of dealing with the OLD bugs, that's NOT good Steinberg :(
I will only pay AFTER I have seen the complete list of all the bug-fixes in this new release. There should have been several 7.0.x releases before this one, but Steinberg just don't care. At the end of the day it's all about the money :(
I'm using 6.5.5 and it's rock-stable!!! Don't want to be an involuntary bug-hunter just at this point.

/R
Just because it sounds good doesn't mean that it's good!
Rymdis

Postby FilmNMusicMan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Fabio Bartolini wrote:Fab

Fabio,

The new features look great, but as one of the many Mac users who also found C7 unusable until 7.0.6 due to performance spikes and mixer issues. I really only care about stability and performance right now.

SO, have any of the mix-console, GUI, and performance under Mavericks been addressed in the 7.5 update??? :?:

I hope to upgrade right away if yes, the only issue is that I think I couldn't professionally use Cubase 7 for almost 8 months after it's release. Sad to say since I'd always had a lot of praise for Steinberg up to that release.
COMP: iMac Quad Core i5 2.5Ghz 8Gb Ram OSX 10.8
SOFT: Cubase 7.5.2/Reason 7.1
RACK: MR816csx/Presonus Eureka/PRE73+EQ73/Valley People Dynamite/Ashly CL52E & PQX571/DBX 166A/VLA PRO
SYNTH: Moog Little Phatty/DSI Tetra/DSI Evolver/Sequential Circuits MultiTrak/Korg MS2000B
FilmNMusicMan

Postby trock » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:21 pm

my brand new install of 7.0.6 on a brand new imac 10.8.5 with no plugs or VSTi's crashes 8 out of every 10 exits or so

i even posted the crash report here in the issues section, we will see if there is ever an answer

that being said this update and all .5 updates seem to add content and not really bring any fixes or major workflow enhancements. this one is great for hip hop guys/gals but for me there isnt one thing other than possibly the reverb

i will pass on this for the content but buy it if there is bug fixes in it.

logic and reaper same system do not crash at all

love cubase and i think 7 is great but it would be nice to get some engineering updates like the coloroed tracks and moving channels in the mixer, VCA's that kind of stuff

but thats just me
Apogee Symphony - Pendulum Quartert - Sebatron Thorax - UA LA610 - KRONOS - Kemper - Les Pauls/PRS/Fender - 65 amps - Artist series - Lucas CS4 - Rolan TD 15KV - IMAC 3.5 i7/32gigs ram/1Tb internal - Cubase 7.5
trock

Postby Steve Helstrip » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Svenne wrote:
Steve Helstrip wrote:Cubase 7.0.6 is full of bugs and crashes frequently and now a paid upgrade??? Steinberg, what planet are you on?

Is it? Does it? I find 7.0.6 reasonably stable. That not said there isn't the original crash, but on the vast majority of the crash occasions some third-party plug-ins were involved. Try this: Install only the OS and Cubase on a second drive (no drivers, no 3rd-party plugins, etc). Is it still unstable? If not, then something else is causing your crashes! Install your drivers one by one test and restart you system between each install. Note the install order. If Cubase becomes unstable after you've installed, let's say "x1.vst".

Remove all plug-ins. Now reinstall "x1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable? If yes, this plug-in is not fully compatible with Cubase. If not, then proceed and install and test the other plug-ins on your list in the reverse order, until Cubase becomes unstable again with, let's say "y1.vst".

Now remove all 3rd-party plug-ins again and reinstall "x1.vst" and "y1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable. If yes, you've found the cause "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" are incompatible with each other. If not, you may need to test with adding other plug-ins between "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" on your list. Sometimes a combination of 3 or more plug-ins are needed to cause the problem.

Yes, this is quite a bit of work, but you'll find the real culprits. There is no point in bantering on Steinberg or Cubase for problems caused by someone else. I am sure that the majority of crashed that Cubase is blamed for is actually caused by rouge 3rd-party plug-in.

mrjixies wrote:Indeed! You have to be absolutely mental to buy this upgrade?!? But I bet there are a lot of people out there dont mind being a cashcow...

If you're going to criticize a Cubase version then first.....Install it!! And stop insulting the other members on this forum.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can run Cubase 6.5 for weeks and weeks without any issues whatsoever.

I'd happily pay €49 for a stable release. Couldn't care less for new features if the core software isn't reliable.
Mac Pro i7, 12Gb, OSX10.9 MacBook Pro i7, 4Gb, OSX10.9
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial
Steve Helstrip

Postby FilmNMusicMan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:29 pm

trock wrote:love cubase and i think 7 is great but it would be nice to get some engineering updates like the colored tracks and moving channels in the mixer, VCA's that kind of stuff

but thats just me

It's not just you, but maybe making channels fully colored is harder for Steinberg than we think. I'm not joking, they would have done that and give the ability to freely move mixer channels if they could have. I don't think they can at this point.
COMP: iMac Quad Core i5 2.5Ghz 8Gb Ram OSX 10.8
SOFT: Cubase 7.5.2/Reason 7.1
RACK: MR816csx/Presonus Eureka/PRE73+EQ73/Valley People Dynamite/Ashly CL52E & PQX571/DBX 166A/VLA PRO
SYNTH: Moog Little Phatty/DSI Tetra/DSI Evolver/Sequential Circuits MultiTrak/Korg MS2000B
FilmNMusicMan

Postby cpechet1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 pm

It’s the same thing every time an update is announced…

Compiled *witch* List

1. It should be free… free.. free.. free… I want it to be free… Everything should be free… free… free… Everything except me because, well, because…
2. I hate these new features…. hate… hate… hate… hate these new features… I’ll never use them and they suck anyway event though I’ve never used them and don’t know a thing about them…
3. I want the old mixer back… Give me the old mixer… Give me the old mixer… I hate the new mixer… hate… hate… hate…
4. There should be 500 different versions of Cubase… No, 1000 versions, no 100,000 versions. One made specially for me… me… me… me…
5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word… Until next week when I download the update because I hate Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word…
6. All software except Cubase is perfect… perfect… perfect… perfect… It all works exactly perfectly… It even works when I’m not using it… And its free free free… And I have my own version of it that they gave me for free… And did I mention its perfect?

Steinberg does a damn fine job of building ridiculously complex software which sells at a ridiculously low price.
Cubase 7.5.3, Intel i7-5960x, Asus X99 Deluxe MOBO, 16GB DDR4, Windows 8.1 64, Lexicon PCM Bundle, RND Portico Bundle, Guitar Rig 5, RealLPC, RealStrat, RealGuitar,(really?), iZotope Ozone 5, Lynx AES16e x 2, Aurora Lynx 16 + 8, 2 x RND 5033, 2 x RND 5043, 2 x RND 5032, 4 x Neve 1272 (BA and Custom racked originals), 2 x Neve 1073 (Custom racked originals), Manley ELOP, JBL 4430, Urei 809, Yamaha NS-10, Mackie HR-824, JBL LSR 308 (yuck), CMCs: 4 x FD, CH,AI,PD,TP, Avid Artist Control, Mix and Transport, Bryston/Carver/Phase Linear amps, Central Station, somewhat indulgent mic locker, Tube Traps, 2 x Sytek MPX Pres (perpetually for sale), other old outboard gear kept in vain, unrealistic hopes of future 'vintage' value, various unremarkable guitars. http://www.vintagebin.ca
cpechet1

Postby mroekalea » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Hey dude, is your blood pressure back to normal now? The sillynis is awful, but some people need to be negatif, be ZEN and do not let your blood be the one that gets cooking :mrgreen: (PS: Didn't mean to PM you)
Menoj
Win8.1, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, Cubase 7.5 & artist 7.5, wavelab 8 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, UR824+MR816X+Focusrite pro 26 IO, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 5, VG2, Arturia AF, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), HSO library, Fender Jazz basses, tube amps and 12 inchers!
mroekalea

Postby jaslan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:46 pm

cpechet1 wrote:It’s the same thing every time an update is announced…

Compiled *witch* List

1. It should be free… free.. free.. free… I want it to be free… Everything should be free… free… free… Everything except me because, well, because…
2. I hate these new features…. hate… hate… hate… hate these new features… I’ll never use them and they suck anyway event though I’ve never used them and don’t know a thing about them…
3. I want the old mixer back… Give me the old mixer… Give me the old mixer… I hate the new mixer… hate… hate… hate…
4. There should be 500 different versions of Cubase… No, 1000 versions, no 100,000 versions. One made specially for me… me… me… me…
5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word… Until next week when I download the update because I hate Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word…
6. All software except Cubase is perfect… perfect… perfect… perfect… It all works exactly perfectly… It even works when I’m not using it… And its free free free… And I have my own version of it that they gave me for free… And did I mention its perfect?

Steinberg does a damn fine job of building ridiculously complex software which sells at a ridiculously low price.

Yes. And now, if you don't mind, since I am very tired from all this complaining, would you kindly point me to where I pay the cashier? :lol:
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby entoine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Very cool new features, I will upgrade for the new "Track visibility management" alone :)

For now, the cubase 7.06 is pretty stable here. I reinstalled my whole system recently and Cubase is a lot more responsive than before..

The mixer works very good here, and I prefer it now a lot compared to the cubase 6 one... a lot more clear... faster workflow (yes I know some disagree but for me it is), with the searching function for plugins, tracks, assignations etc.. , the option to set custom colors for racks, send pre or post coloring etc.., the quick link function etc.. so a lot of things I use very often and make my work a lot more enjoyable.
I read here some users prefer the old event displaying.... flat and black... waw.. how is it possible? I find the new one a lot more easy one the eye and much more better looking.. it is protools-like in better...
And the apparence is customisable.. I found the background "color" a lot too dark so made it a shaded white.. and the track default color awfull.. made a default set to my convenience with more pastel colors.. a lot less flashy..

Regarding the fact people want more versions of cubases with only what they need and a reduced price... hum.. I think this will engage more work of steinberg.. more bugs making more versions.. and as they will devellop all the functions anyway.. this will not change the money they need making cubase evolve... so I'm happy they devellop a lot of things for everybody and include it all in the big version of cubase.. (and I don't think the guy who is coding the reverb algorithms is the same as the guy coding other functions etc... so *witch* them for making new reverb instead of fixing bugs in totally other domains ... will not change anything I guess ). I remember a time where cubase vst5 (not even cubase sx1) costed like 1000 euros (it was 6500 francs, if I remember right)... and it was nothing compared to what we have now ... on the other end, cars were a lot cheaper and a lot more reliable than now..

regarding "the Grand" piano (somebody was talking about it here), the only thing I have to say is that on one project I worked on, we tried al lot of vst pianos (native instruments ones, ivory ones, etc...) but the grand2 which I ran the demo to use it, was the only one that worked in the mix..
entoine

Postby SteveInChicago » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:49 pm

cpechet1 wrote:5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to… MS Word
Finally a sensible response. :mrgreen:
Cubase 7.5.30 | Mac 10.8.5 | i7-3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H | 16gb | TC Konnekt24D
SteveInChicago
External Moderator

Postby trashdinner » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Ok ... the ranting is really annoying and 7.5 is not even out yet :S Seriously, if you're not happy about it then just don't buy it! I think 49$ is a steal for those amazing features .. has anybody ever bought any plugins before? usually for 1 plugin it cost more than 50$ and it's just a plugin ... here we have workflow enhancements, plugins, new features and bug fixes and that 50$ will probably be removed from the price of the C8 upgrade when it comes out.

I know it took a lot of revisions for C7 to get stable and it's frustrating, but even if you don't buy 7.5 you'll get at least another free update so be happy :)
trashdinner

Postby jose7822 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:01 pm

I'd be willing to pay the price for a software that doesn't get in the way of my work. Having said that, I really like Cubase since it has been rock solid for me (minus the known inconveniences with the Mix Console, like plugins hiding in the background, etc). But I agree that Steinberg needs better QC before releasing new updates/versions of their software. It used to be better during the lifespan of C6, so I don't know what happened since then.
ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'ed to 4GHz) | 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400MHz) | ASUS ATI Radeon HD7790 | Corsair H100i Water Cooler | Corsair HX850 PSU | Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64 bit | Cubase 7.5 64 bit | RME FireFace UCX | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
jose7822

Postby electricfusion » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:06 pm

Did someone notice that the Vintage Compressor plug-in which was introduced to Cubase Artist in the 7.0.6 update,
isn´t part of the Cubase Artist 7.5 upgrade anymore?
http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Cubase/Generation_7/Cubase_7.5/Downloads/C75-CA75-CE7_extensive_comparison_chart_-_2013_11_26.pdf
(page 9)

I don´t mind paying the 50 bucks for the new features,it´s a good deal IMO but i consider it very odd to give an user something in a free update
and take it away again in a paid upgrade.
Or is this an error of the latest feature comparison chart?

;)
electricfusion

Postby ufoqbase » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Svenne wrote:
Steve Helstrip wrote:Cubase 7.0.6 is full of bugs and crashes frequently and now a paid upgrade??? Steinberg, what planet are you on?

Is it? Does it? I find 7.0.6 reasonably stable. That not said there isn't the original crash, but on the vast majority of the crash occasions some third-party plug-ins were involved. Try this: Install only the OS and Cubase on a second drive (no drivers, no 3rd-party plugins, etc). Is it still unstable? If not, then something else is causing your crashes! Install your drivers one by one test and restart you system between each install. Note the install order. If Cubase becomes unstable after you've installed, let's say "x1.vst".

Remove all plug-ins. Now reinstall "x1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable? If yes, this plug-in is not fully compatible with Cubase. If not, then proceed and install and test the other plug-ins on your list in the reverse order, until Cubase becomes unstable again with, let's say "y1.vst".

Now remove all 3rd-party plug-ins again and reinstall "x1.vst" and "y1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable. If yes, you've found the cause "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" are incompatible with each other. If not, you may need to test with adding other plug-ins between "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" on your list. Sometimes a combination of 3 or more plug-ins are needed to cause the problem.

Yes, this is quite a bit of work, but you'll find the real culprits. There is no point in bantering on Steinberg or Cubase for problems caused by someone else. I am sure that the majority of crashed that Cubase is blamed for is actually caused by rouge 3rd-party plug-in.

Svenne.... thanks for suggestion, in my country this is called BETA TESTING and usually the company pay for that, don't ask users pay for that too...It's Ironic yes...but the situation is that, and tomorrow when the forum admin will read all, he will close or deletes these comments because these are not "marketing agree". Probably me and other will be kick out from the forum too.....
Macbook pro 3.3ghz, 16Gb ram, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Addictive Drums, IK Sampletank, Amplitube.
ufoqbase

Postby forthwith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Svenne wrote:There is no point in bantering on Steinberg or Cubase for problems caused by someone else. I am sure that the majority of crashes that Cubase is blamed for is actually caused by rouge 3rd-party plug-in.

Add to that bridged plugins and you have a real recipe for disaster.

beatpete wrote:I'm using 7.06 now and I do appreciate the new layout and features (and the new stuff in 7.5) but I feel a little let down by Steinberg, never an admission to releasing 7 too early, which was VERY obviously the case.

SB don't have to admit anything, this is the new normal and has been for some time.

Rymdis wrote:Don't want to be an involuntary bug-hunter just at this point.

If you get access to ground-breaking features, why not?

trashdinner wrote: .. has anybody ever bought any plugins before?

That's the big pity, most stuff can be used quite well illegitimately.

I think it would be excellent of SB to make access to the eLc application open source, at least the software part of it in order to protect developers who rely solely on the VST specification.
forthwith

Postby Fabio Bartolini » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:55 pm

FilmNMusicMan wrote:Fabio,

The new features look great, but as one of the many Mac users who also found C7 unusable until 7.0.6 due to performance spikes and mixer issues. I really only care about stability and performance right now.

SO, have any of the mix-console, GUI, and performance under Mavericks been addressed in the 7.5 update??? :?:

I hope to upgrade right away if yes, the only issue is that I think I couldn't professionally use Cubase 7 for almost 8 months after it's release. Sad to say since I'd always had a lot of praise for Steinberg up to that release.

Hello,

I still have to install Mavericks on my Mac at work, as we try to have all of the supported OSs in the office... I'm still on ML. I think I'm going to install it on monday and will let you know.
Unfortunately, this is hugely system dependant, so I would say the best way is to try it out yourself and see how it performes for you.

GUI, performance and workflow are being improved all the time, so it should better for you also. Performance is the top priority and we at support are forwarding all the data and requests we can in order to help Development and QA. It appears that the GPUs are playing the main role with these issues... not an easy task, but the guys are on it.

I hope we can post some more details soon, sorry if this is not a complete answer.

Best,
Fabio Bartolini, Steinberg Tech Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Fabio Bartolini

Postby ufoqbase » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Svenne wrote:Is €49 really that expensive? It's not much more that what Steinberg usually charges for a free(?) grace period update!

Svenne please... you don't understand what we are talking about, 49euro are not expensive, are offensive for people brought cubase last year and can't use it for almost 10months after 149euro spent upgrading from 6.5. That's the point.

8-)
Macbook pro 3.3ghz, 16Gb ram, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Addictive Drums, IK Sampletank, Amplitube.
ufoqbase

Postby Fabio Bartolini » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 pm

ufoqbase wrote:Svenne.... thanks for suggestion, in my country this is called BETA TESTING and usually the company pay for that, don't ask users pay for that too...It's Ironic yes...but the situation is that, and tomorrow when the forum admin will read all, he will close or deletes these comments because these are not "marketing agree". Probably me and other will be kick out from the forum too.....

Hello,

may I say this is not beta-testing, but touble-shooting one's installation?

Sorry, but Steinberg cannot be responsible for thousands of third-party plug-ins. It wouldn't be feasible as well.
As forthwith pointed out, bridged plug-ins are a huge problem for some users. I'm writing an article about this and hope to have it ready for monday. And I hope it will help the users to configure the plug-ins installation and solve their problems.

There was at least two moderators reading all the time today. As you can see, everything's still there ;)
Hamburg, Germany

Fabio Bartolini

Postby ufoqbase » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Fabio Bartolini wrote:Hello,

may I say this is not beta-testing, but touble-shooting one's installation?

Sorry, but Steinberg cannot be responsible for thousands of third-party plug-ins. It wouldn't be feasible as well.
As forthwith pointed out, bridged plug-ins are a huge problem for some users. I'm writing an article about this and hope to have it ready for monday. And I hope it will help the users to configure the plug-ins installation and solve their problems.

There was at least two moderators reading all the time today. As you can see, everything's still there ;)

Fabio, this looks like hide the hands.... if Cubase 6.5 does not have these problems with all 3rd parts plugs, why Cubase 7 have it? I don't speak about the mixer horrible concept they gave us.... unusable, unreadable.
So we have to test all these plugs for Steinberg? This is beta testing..... everywhere.

Steinberg it's responsible about releasing Cubase 7 too early, ask money for that, refuse refunding for people asked that, for me it's impossible work with Cubase 7.0,6 under OSX until now, Melodyne does not work, Native Instruments have problems and I don't speak about thousand plugs just these 2, the most used and important. Another thing I remember is the 49euro requested 2 years ago to upgrade to 6.5, promising bug fixes, but even C6.5 is solid now Variaudio 1 was never fixed, the VST connection can't save External FX configuration and so on....

Personally I'm feeling offended, like the others in the forum... Steinberg don't like that? Sorry!!!, I and We need a rock solid version before every single penny to ask. Fortunately i've sold my Nuendo license I can't imagine my frustration on Nuendo 6. Im still happy to use Cubase 6.5.5, incredible rock solid with all the original plugs i've in my computer under 64bit and RME audio. All under OSX 10.7.5 and 10.8 :D
ufoqbase

Postby forthwith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 pm

ufoqbase wrote:Melodyne does not work, Native Instruments have problems and I don't speak about thousand plugs just these 2, the most used and important.

Do Melodyne use VST 3?

I know NI does not and there is your problem.
forthwith

Postby suntower » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Good to hear. On behalf of long-time users... it would REALLY be appreciated if you pre-published at least a -tentative- set of -small- improvements/scheduled fixes such as I have asked for. Many of us really have no need for most of the new VSTis, etc. Mostly we want to know what has been fixed---or what the strategy is for addressing these things. This is a -very- different audience from those who are interested in LoopMash etc.

Marketing is important of course. But certainly you already have a list of fixes and improvements, so why not publish when you make your big promo announcements? , It is my feeling that what I'm asking for is the right way to treat people who depend on Cubase (as I do) for our living. Besides the 'BIG NEW FEATURES!' we never know what is in the box until -after- we install---and that's not always cool for a mission-critical app.

---JC

Fabio Bartolini wrote:
ufoqbase wrote:There was at least two moderators reading all the time today. As you can see, everything's still there ;)
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 1TB HD, Win7/64 Ult
Second: Q8400 16gb RAM 3 1TB HD, Win7/64
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase 7.5, iCPro, WL7,
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums
suntower

Postby Fabio Bartolini » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:27 pm

ufoqbase wrote:Fabio, this looks like hide the hands.... if Cubase 6.5 does not have these problems with all 3rd parts plugs, why Cubase 7 have it? I don't speak about the mixer horrible concept they gave us.... unusable, unreadable.
So we have to test all these plugs for Steinberg?

Nope, sorry. It is the 3rd party developers that need to test their software with Cubase, not the other way around.

We also do not have licenses or know all of the stuff out there. I'm gladly testing the ones I privately own licenses for and download demos of the problematic ones when I receive a report. But it is the plug-in which needs to be tested in Cubase, not the other way around. A host cannot be built around plug-ins.
Hamburg, Germany

Fabio Bartolini

Postby trashdinner » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey Fabio, thx for participating in the forum! would it be possible for you to confirm the US price for 7.5 and will it be taken off of the C8 upgrade? Thx ... I can't wait for 7.5!
trashdinner

PreviousNext

Return to Presales