Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Re: Cubase / Cubase Artist / Cubase Elements 7.0.5 available

Postby Marcus Bits » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Sonik wrote:Could someone check this crash for me on OSX?
Open and close Channel Settings Window with some plugs on it, and try it with different channels..

Had the same thing happen to me also!
C6.5 C7 | Custom Mac / Windows 8 |
i5 @ 2,8 Ghz / 560 Ti / 8 Gb ram |
Marcus Bits

Postby JMCecil » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Helge Vogt wrote:Hi all,
The bigger track name font seems to be a cross-platform issue under OS X. The Control Room section is affected as well. We are currently researching the cause for this issue.

Thanks Helge, I just want to make sure I understand .. you are saying in order to make it work on OS X, it has inadvertent results on all platforms? The reason I ask is that I am on Windows 7/8 and as you can see I have the problem.

I appreciate you guys looking into it. If we get a few more consistency things done on the mix console, specifically the always on top and focus issues, I think I can switch. I haven't finished figuring out a good keyboard setup for the console commands, but it looks like they will reduce the clickity clickity significantly. That is much much appreciated.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby billcarroll » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:Here's your direct comparison, with equal widths:

The other thing that really sticks out in this comparison is in 6.5 you could tell the difference between buttons without reading, just based on shape. Now so many buttons look the same and have been moved from their location in 6.5 you have to read them in order to make a selection.
billcarroll

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:53 pm

The bigger track name font seems to be a cross-platform issue under OS X. The Control Room section is affected as well. We are currently researching the cause for this issue.

Best,
Helge

The big font issue is affecting me in Windows also

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm Genuinely relieved that this is just a bug! and not a design decision! :) phew

Postby JMCecil » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Xtigma. wrote:I'm Genuinely relieved that this is just a bug! and not a design decision! :) phew

Me too, I wasted a really good rant if they are just going to fix it. :lol:
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby lukasbrooklyn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 pm

JMCecil wrote:
lukasbrooklyn wrote:just stick w/ C6 / N5 like everyone else i know working to deadlines has.

what does that have to do with anything? I am using 6.5. But this thread is about issues with C7.0.5.

fair enough, threads like these may help improve things. it's just a general thought reflecting on some implicit imperative of 'having to' always be using the latest technology; i know C7 should be working and it's not, i'm just reminding the obvious alternative option. but yeah, sorry for the ot.
Last edited by lukasbrooklyn on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.2, c6
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, ...

http://www.lukasturza.com
lukasbrooklyn

Postby Steve Helstrip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 pm

What baffles me is why no one at Steinberg actually uses this software before churning out another update. It's such a blatant issue that should not slip through the net.
Mac Pro i7, 12Gb, OSX10.9 MacBook Pro i7, 4Gb, OSX10.9
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial
Steve Helstrip

Postby Mrhehon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Best,
Helge

I don't really understand. First it is a problem on my windows system, second it wasn't a problem on C7.04. I'm not a programmer but can't you just undo what ever it was that you changed with the fonts on this update. Third did nobody notice this in testing.
Windows 7 pro 64bit
Cubase 7.5.10 64bit
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz 15GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Mrhehon

Postby SteveInChicago » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Best,
Helge

Phew! Good news.
Cubase 7.5.20 | Mac 10.8.5 | i7-3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H | 16gb | TC Konnekt24D
SteveInChicago
External Moderator

Postby musicbeat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Can we change the whole track lane color in the mixer, yet? I know that the track lane labels change but I can't change the whole lane and these shades of grey are giving me Alzheimer's since I ran out of Prozac........

Have we gotten there, yet..........or did I just forget? Oh, I don't remember?
i7 3.4 ghz 16go L2|W8.1 x64
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Focal Pro - CMS 40
Cubase 7.5.20|Pro Tools 10|Spectrasonics Bundle|Komplete 9 Ultimate
musicbeat

Postby Sonik » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Marcus Bits wrote:
Sonik wrote:Could someone check this crash for me on OSX?
Open and close Channel Settings Window with some plugs on it, and try it with different channels..

Had the same thing happen to me also!

Helge, could you check that too, please?
MacPro 8 core 12gb HD 5770 10.8.5|Cubase 7.5.20|Wavelab 8.03|Protools 10|Logic X|3xUAD-2|
Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|API 512c|Avedis MA5|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Neumann M147|Apogee Symphony|Apogee Rosetta 200|RME Fireface 800|Euphonix McMix x2|
Halion Sonic|Komplete8|Korg Legacy|Stylus RMX|VSL Strings|EW|ReFx Nexus 2|Autotune 7|Waves 9|Vocalign 3|Melodyne|Soundtoys|Softube|Brainworx|SPL
i7 3,40ghz|Asus P8P67|16GB GSkill 12800|GTS450 1gb|Win7 64|Cubase 6.5.4|UAD-1|UA-25|
Sonik

Postby mozizo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 pm

musicbeat wrote:Can we change the track whole lane color in the mixer, yet? I know that the track lane labels change but I can't change the whole lane and these shades of grey are giving me Alzheimer's since I ran out of Prozac........

Have we gotten there, yet..........or did I just forget? Oh, I don't remember?

nop its not there yet.. hope they also add some sort of good separation between channels in MC and better fader cap and buttons graphics..
thanks for quick updates ,, lot of workflow improvements and better MC+control room UI needed though :!:
Well i hope this cubase 7 release is a good lesson in many aspects for SB and Us for future cubase major redesign !

cheers.. 8-)
Last edited by mozizo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubase 7.5.20 64bit ,halion 5
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win7 64bit 8gb
(PC Desktop AMD dual core win xp32 cubase 7-32)
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6 Kawai Mp4 Korg PA800.
cubasis,cubase ic pro
mozizo

Postby Puma0382 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Best,
Helge

Well, I really like the Control Room text/legibility now; can that stay..? Are you able to separate this section..? My set up is that I am not sat close-up over the monitors - they are set back, a couple of arms length away.
C7.5.20; Win 8.1 32bit; Q6600 2.4 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS; MIDISPORT 2x2; Delta1010LT;
WL8; Komplete9, StylusRMX
Puma0382

Postby soul patch » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:30 pm

plectrumboy wrote:
soul patch wrote:I'm a new user & just installed my copy yersterday. Although I really can't comment on the new update it's good see them being released.
Some others keep you guessing & wondering if they're doing anything at all.
So that's a positive here!

Forgive this being entirely off topic - please tell me your picture's not Photoshopped and that you own a guitar-shaped egg mould! I want one!

Steve.

lol ;)
Win7 x64- i920
soul patch

Postby DaDa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:57 pm

billcarroll wrote:The other thing that really sticks out in this comparison is in 6.5 you could tell the difference between buttons without reading, just based on shape. Now so many buttons look the same and have been moved from their location in 6.5 you have to read them in order to make a selection.

THIS !

Same goes for Channel Gain and Phase switch.

I fear they can not go back to the better ergonomics of 6.5, as the resizing of different shapped buttons, etc.
would be much more complex.
:|

bye, Jan
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4,2gHz | 8gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 19" LCDs | System SSD |7tb Data HDs
RayDat | ProFire 2626 | UR 824
Win7 64bit | Cubase 7.5.20 64bit | Samplitude 11 32bit
Sony VAIO | Intel 2x 2,4 gHz | Win 7 64bit | Cubase 6.5.5
Steinberg user since Commodore
DaDa

Postby Xaq » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:15 pm

DaDa wrote:
Tanant wrote:It's quite tricky for me to turn off a plugin in the Mix Console using ALT click. There's a very small invisible area that has to be clicked. I don't think it used to be that difficult?

I can't even find that small area.
No chance to turn off a plugin, via alt+clk.

bye, Jan

This seems to be the only bug that's bothering me greatly that was introduced in 7.05

Pretty simple to repro. I used to be able to press alt-click on the power button of the plugin to actually disable it. This no longer works. Also once disabled(by opening and pressing button in upper left) I cannot easily activate it again either. It's like the key commands have changed but i wasn't told a new one.

Any chance somebody can reveal the REAL key command for this or better yet Steinberg let me know what on earth I'm supposed to be doing with this or release a quick fix? I'm loving the stability and bug fixes in 7.05 and am not somebody who cares about the font issues, but this is really really slowing me down. Clearly being able to disable and enable plugins without opening their plugin edit window is a key feature i need, and no, just bypassing is not what i want to do all the time.
-Zack Ohren

Xaq

Postby noiseboyuk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Best,
Helge

This issue has brought up the wider issue of legibility / useability. Please don't just quick fix one current bug - we really do need a better solution for the professional community at least (though I'm sure all would benefit). As well as a more practical font, the option to hard truncate names is essential to me. Scaleable fonts might work too, but as an option.

I'd be euphoric with the font the same size as 6.5 (with a narrower strip too), and a checkbox in options for intelligent shortening.
noiseboyuk

Postby steflor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:26 pm

:cry:
So!
I'm a Cubase user since Cubase VST 3.5...
And i'm very, very, dissapointed.
What is the purpose of a professionnal music software that costs 600 euros?
Playing with colors, playing with fonts, playing with updates?
Your Mixconsole is just bad. You are looking for resolve bugs and worflow, but just u have taken the bad way, graphics are just ugly and unusable, the strip is low-quality ( sound and graphics).
And "gigantics" fonts are not only on Mac, i'm on Windows 7 64 bits.
Cubase 7.05 is worse than Cubase 6.5... I think it's now a serious problem for us, users.

Ok, im waiting for 7.06.
But i need to make music professionnally, to simply "make music", not colorize... and Protools 11 is there.
Sorry, very sorry, but i'm first very sorry for me!

Best regards anyway.
steflor

Postby bigbluebarry » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Xaq wrote:
DaDa wrote:
Tanant wrote:It's quite tricky for me to turn off a plugin in the Mix Console using ALT click. There's a very small invisible area that has to be clicked. I don't think it used to be that difficult?

I can't even find that small area.
No chance to turn off a plugin, via alt+clk.

bye, Jan

This seems to be the only bug that's bothering me greatly that was introduced in 7.05

Pretty simple to repro. I used to be able to press alt-click on the power button of the plugin to actually disable it. This no longer works. Also once disabled(by opening and pressing button in upper left) I cannot easily activate it again either. It's like the key commands have changed but i wasn't told a new one.

Any chance somebody can reveal the REAL key command for this or better yet Steinberg let me know what on earth I'm supposed to be doing with this or release a quick fix? I'm loving the stability and bug fixes in 7.05 and am not somebody who cares about the font issues, but this is really really slowing me down. Clearly being able to disable and enable plugins without opening their plugin edit window is a key feature i need, and no, just bypassing is not what i want to do all the time.

I have that exact same problem about disabling plug-ins in the MixConsole. Very frustrating and a real workflow killer. I did the trash preferences thing but it didn't fix the issue.
Cubase 7.5 64-bit / 7.0.6 64-bit / 6.5.4 64-bit; Win 7 SP1 64-bit; Intel Core i7 2.80GHz; 16GB RAM; Focusrite Saffire PRO 40
bigbluebarry

Postby serenity » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Bredo wrote:Removed my post again??? Anyone else?

But then again, my opinions must have been noted. Nice, nicer, nicest :-)
Have a BANANA (in the new big beautiful fonts).

Same here. My today post was removed. I'v comparing ugly, unproffesional look of faders and meters to ProTools 11 (link to youtube). Or maybe somehow I remove it ? :(
Pawel

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Cubase 7 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
serenity

Postby serenity » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:15 pm

steflor wrote::cry:
So!
I'm a Cubase user since Cubase VST 3.5...
And i'm very, very, dissapointed.
What is the purpose of a professionnal music software that costs 600 euros?
Playing with colors, playing with fonts, playing with updates?
Your Mixconsole is just bad. You are looking for resolve bugs and worflow, but just u have taken the bad way, graphics are just ugly and unusable, the strip is low-quality ( sound and graphics).
And "gigantics" fonts are not only on Mac, i'm on Windows 7 64 bits.
Cubase 7.05 is worse than Cubase 6.5... I think it's now a serious problem for us, users.

Ok, im waiting for 7.06.
But i need to make music professionnally, to simply "make music", not colorize... and Protools 11 is there.
Sorry, very sorry, but i'm first very sorry for me!

Best regards anyway.

Almost same feelings. I think major problem with MicConsole is RESIZING. Its slow on larger projects. MC is like 3D graphics on poor videocard ! Why enybody need resizable mixer ? I need just static, solid, fast graphic 2D mixer. If I have larger monitor, then more channels and pannels I'll see. On small less. And thats it. When you brosing webpage on small laptop screen, you see less. On large monitor yuo see more. Who need CPU hungry resizing ?
Look PT11 mixer. Its a proffesional place to work. And its not resizable. Just readable, beautiful, ergonomic, fast graphics. Ehh, I'm done.
Pawel

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Cubase 7 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
serenity

Postby studioj » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 pm

I see there are generic remote improvements.... when configuring track selection remotes it now gives you the standard cubase track list GUI from the find in the arrange.... BUT if the track # changes this setting is still useless. It seems to me if you are going to select the Track Name for the remote track selection that this setting should be based on the name, not the track number! is this impossible with the generic remote protocol?
studioj

Postby themarqueeyears » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 pm

PT11 .... yeah great how's that going to work out with my 100's of VST plugins! Not.

PT11 .... MIDI .... no thank you.

Believe me PT might have a plain Jane mixer but there's 100 other features that would drive you crazy because they are so much easier to do in Cubase.

Mixconsole is definitely getting there a couple more updates and it'll be perfect - then people can moan about something else.

I did a session on PT10 recently - no text search for plugins - the program feels like a dinosaur, I'll take C7 any day of the week.

I've finally gotten into MC - I can't bear to open 6.5 now. OK MC isn't perfect but SB have demonstrated a commitment to achieve that end and I"m very grateful for all their hard work.
themarqueeyears

Postby msy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Same problem here with the font size of the mixer channels (in Windows). I hope a quick fix will be out soon.

Otherwise, update is very nice.
Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit) on Windows 7 (64bit) using jBridge for 32bit plugins.
HALion 5.0.1 (64bit)
Soundcard: Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O
DAW: Intel Core i7 3820 |
ASRock X79 Extreme4 | 6GB DDR3 1600MHz | Samsung EVO SSD 250GB | 2x2TB SATA2 | Sapphire Radeon HD 3450 256MB (with drivers from the original CD)
Comp. related hardware: Access Virus TI, 2xUAD-2 Duo, Behringer BCF-/BCR2000, Akai APC40, Eventide TimeFactor, ...
msy

PreviousNext

Return to General