7.0.6 is here....

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Re: 7.0.6 is here....

Postby marQs » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:34 pm

mozizo wrote:
mozizo wrote:another few things...
the good things so far with rack..
1:Right click on send cell and there is an option "show sends as" >>> (also for inserts ,pre ,etc..)
2:alt +click pops out the sends channel settings window

the bad thing..
1: alt+click on send used to open the sends plugin now it goes to sends channel but there is no alternative to open sends plugin gui directly from send !!! at least i didnt find it..!!

serenity wrote:
mozizo wrote:the bad thing..
1: alt+click on send used to open the sends plugin now it goes to sends channel but there is no alternative to open sends plugin gui directly from send !!! at least i didnt find it..!!

Its still need to alt+double click...

To disable plugin alt+click on the "bypas" button.

mmm really strange !!! now when Alt+Dbl.click it opens the sends plugin gui and in some cases(especially the first send slot if no plugin was inserted when Fx track was created) it opens the fx channel settings window...

**would be great if shift+dbl click on send brings the fx track channel settings window and alt+dbl clicks just plugin gui (as it is now but make it constant)

Used to behave like this in 7.04/5 here as well. Sometimes GUI, sometimes channel editor.
...C7 | WL7 | FF800 | UAD2 Quad/Duo | Win7 64...
marQs

Postby DaveAbbott » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:45 pm

SteveInChicago wrote:
JMCecil wrote:I won't be able to mess with it until tonight at the earliest. There are several things that are not mentioned in the fix list. For example, do you still have to click on the mixer to get focus to use the key commands?

I checked with the command "Channel and Rack Configuration 1" and yes you still have to manually change focus to the mixer.
JMCecil wrote:Does QLink now work for solo/mute on multi-selected tracks?
yes

Hi Steve

I don't know if this will help, it is a kind of workaround (which shouldn't be necessary) but I made a Macro in which it presses the mixer shortcut twice (f3 normally, x in my case) and then the Channel config KS (I have 3 set up )and it does work, even when the mixer is in focus, at least on my system. This though takes the focus away from the project window which could be an issue. Haven't tried it with any other mixer commands

Worth a bash I s'ppose. it is one SB should address, though I would imagine there are reasons,, :? :?

Cheers
Dave Abbott
Entertainer | Musician | Producer
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, 12Gig RAM System Drive115 Gig SSD + 4 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Win7 64Bit Cubase 7
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite Octopre, Steinberg CI1 on spare machine
M-Audio Keystation Pro88 Controller
DaveAbbott

Postby JMCecil » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Rhino wrote:Not confirmed here by and large.
JM, try the following :
Main Cubase window stretched across the screens, not maximised.
Every other window as child window, inside the main program window, no full screen mixer, leave at least one pixel of free space around the windows, voila, no unwanted wandering/resizing of windows any more when recalling workspaces like that.
Set plugins to always on top, but not the mixer - bingo, nowhere to hide anymore for plugins. :shock:
Works great, same as it ever did.
Not elegant, call it an ugly workaround - but hey, it works, that's good enough for me. :shrug:

sort of ... that's not how I want to use it though. I primarily use the project window and editors full screen. But, even turning off "always on top" I still get disappearing UI elements and plugins behind the mixer. And, position is still not recovered using workspaces. I randomly get mixers back on monitor 1. Once that happens I have to reset the workspace and set it again. Also, I have been able to get them mixer to work for a few times with the workspace, however even when it recalls on the correct monitor, it moves to some relative position based on the resolution of the monitor, NOT where I anchored it in the workspace.

Now what happens inside these child windows, especially the mixer, is a different story. :roll:
Afaics not even the rack configurations (?) or mixer views (?), these 4 to 8 buttons in the top left corner, get saved with a workspace, all sorts of anomalies regarding the mixer, zoom, size of UI elements, never have seen half as much in previous C7 versions. And the only consistency about them is that there is no easy repro, they come and go randomly.

This was the primary point. Workspaces still don't recall the internal settings of the mixer. Heck, half the time I still get the mixer back in that goofy compressed view I posted a picture of in another thread. The other part is that the zoom of the workspace is not remembered with the workspace NOR the last used zoom. So, either of two ways that would be useful are NOT how it behaves.

ymm still v, but I doubt it (not directed @ you, JM),
Rhino

No problem even if it was directed at me :)
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby Steve Helstrip » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Workspaces don't work well at all here on Mac when the MC is in full screen mode. Like you report, sometimes it appears on screen 1, others screen 2. I still can't use Workspaces here. Not like this.
Mac Pro i7, 12Gb, OSX10.9 MacBook Pro i7, 4Gb, OSX10.9
Cubase 7.5
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial
Steve Helstrip

Postby Winter Rat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi, in general .0.6 is good. But one click inserts GUI opening has a small delay, so if I use double click, GUI opens faster.
And take a look at this viewtopic.php?f=184&t=47615.

Cheers
Winter Rat

Postby Rhino » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:27 pm

JMCecil wrote:that's not how I want to use it though. I primarily use the project window and editors full screen.

I see. Different requirements ...
That said, my WS 1 is just the project window maximised, coexists friendly with WS 2 to WS 9 set up like described in my last post. No lost UI elements, no window resizing or wandering, ever since I started working that way with SX2 or something, hasn't changed in C7 either, 100% reliable. Mixer fullscreen or program window fullscreen are definite no-nos though.
Never a dull moment with the C7 mixer however, say what you want, but it keeps you on your toes. :lol:

Regarding focus, what I hated most during tonight's tests :
Even though the mixer title bar is blue, you definitely lost all project KCs and can mouse-scroll through mixer channels, that doesn't mean you can now use e.g. "collapse" or "expand" KCs for the racks.
Two options: either they work --- or they don't. :shock:
After recalling a WS with mixer they usually don't, although you can already accidentally mess up mixer settings with the mousewheel to your heart's content. :(
After clicking the (already blue) mixer title bar again they often work.
No way I can use this chaos, when working I have other things to worry about than keeping track of mysterious focus schemes, I need to focus on the client and the music, not on window focus, pardon the pun. :P

oh well,
Rhino
When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby Rhino » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:38 pm

DaveAbbott wrote:I don't know if this will help, it is a kind of workaround (which shouldn't be necessary) but I made a Macro in which it presses the mixer shortcut twice (f3 normally, x in my case) and then the Channel config KS (I have 3 set up )and it does work, even when the mixer is in focus, at least on my system. This though takes the focus away from the project window which could be an issue. Haven't tried it with any other mixer commands

Worth a bash I s'ppose. it is one SB should address, though I would imagine there are reasons,, :? :?

reasons ??
must be your imagination ... :P

thanks for the idea, unfortunately there would have to be similar ways to activate all relevant focus areas in the program to make it useful.
Some loonies like me :ugeek: could then sit down and write macros for every single blasted KC ... :shock:

still, good one, thanks !
Rhino
When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby JMCecil » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Rhino wrote:I see. Different requirements ...

Yeah, it's not even really a requirement. Just a preferred method of editing. But, the general behavior shouldn't be so dicey that you have to be a UI mode expert to use the software.

Regarding focus, what I hated most during tonight's tests :
Even though the mixer title bar is blue, you definitely lost all project KCs and can mouse-scroll through mixer channels, that doesn't mean you can now use e.g. "collapse" or "expand" KCs for the racks........snip

the focus stuff is just salt in the wound. For the life of me, I can't figure out the "no problems here" folks. The only way you don't have these issues is if you just control all Cubase functions using a mouse one window open at a time.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby Rhino » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:05 pm

JMCecil wrote:For the life of me, I can't figure out the "no problems here" folks. The only way you don't have these issues is if you just control all Cubase functions using a mouse one window open at a time.

That's the difference, they can't figure out how to remember KCs. :lol:
cheers,
Rhino

btw, KCs start getting really useful once you configure them according to your personal needs.
I was forced to stuff as much as humanly possible into the first layer, can't handle a guitar, mouse and keyboard with modifiers simultaneously, at least I can't. :oops:
Before 7, Cubase's configurability for different workflows was one of its main advantages over the competition, atm we seem to be headed more in the "one size fits all" direction ...
(with 0 < all < N....) :?
Last edited by Rhino on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby Martin777 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Had to roll back to 7.0.5 :cry:

7.0.6 crashes on my current project when it finishes loading and crashes on some projects just recently finished.

What happens is i load my current project I'm working on within 3-4 seconds cubase crashes with the cubase has stopped message just before it does stop the VST Performance box real time peak bar does a slight spike and the average load bar moves backwards then cubase stops, I have a UAD 2 Quad card i turned that off to see if that was causing the issue but cubase still crashed, i also tried uninstalling some of the windows 7 updates to see if that was causing the problem as sometimes in the past when i update windows this caused issues before.

Now I'm back with 7.0.5 all projects load ok, so not sure why 7.0.6 would make my projects crash very odd :cry:

If anyone has 7.0.6 and have big older or current projects i would try and see if they still load.

Martin

PC Windows Pro 7 64Bit | Intel i7 Extreme 980X 3.2GHz | 24GB Ram | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 |
Martin777

Postby Rhino » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Martin777 wrote:I have a UAD 2 Quad card i turned that off to see if that was causing the issue but cubase still crashed

Sorry to hear.
If that helps corner the issue, I have 2 Quads myself, not a single UA related crash in years.
That's 32 bit UAD - W7/64, 16GB RAM, Cubase 32 - I prefer to jbridge a few 64bit samplers into Cubase 32, no bit bridge headaches that way, and I can use all the stellar 32bit only plugins, like VoS and others.
good luck,
Rhino
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby pgstudio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:17 pm

.06 is working really well here. Didn't tested much, but just the small fonts, the one click insert, the stereo/mono icon made my day.

As someone pointed first, Cubase still need a LOT of improvement (GUI Design) on this mix console.
But i'm liking the spped of patches, at least we don't feel abandoned!

Thx for .06
pgstudio

Postby curteye » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 pm

pgstudio wrote:.06 is working really well here.

+1
So far so good.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

Location: On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Postby SteveInChicago » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:14 pm

DaveAbbott wrote:Hi Steve

I don't know if this will help, it is a kind of workaround (which shouldn't be necessary) but I made a Macro in which it presses the mixer shortcut twice

Thanks Dave, that's basically my solution, I'm using Quickeys macros to deal with the window focus and KC probs.
i7-3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H, 16gb: Mac 10.8.5,
Macbook Pro 13" 2011, 8gb: Mac 10.9,
Cubase 7.5.10, Nektar P6 controller
SteveInChicago
Grand Senior Member

Postby haloinreverse » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 pm

msy wrote:Look at this screenshot, do you see where I have the mouse cursor? Do you see any Enable/Disable button for that insert slot? No! Instead I see the "Select Insert" for the other channel (the one on the left).....

insertenabledisable.png

This mouse over thingy is really annoying. Please please Steinberg fix this. Worked really nice since SX3......

This drive me out of my mind also. I seriously dislike it, they tried fixing something that wasn't broken and made it worse in this instance.
MSI X79A-GD45, Intel i7-3820 3.6ghz, 16gb of ram, Windows 7 x64, SSL MX4 Audio Card, SSL Alpha Link Madi AX Converters, 2x UAD-2 Quad cards, 1 UAD-2 Solo
haloinreverse

Postby Rhino » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:09 am

SteveInChicago wrote:Thanks Dave, that's basically my solution, I'm using Quickeys macros to deal with the window focus and KC probs.

Hi Steve,
would you mind sharing the "login tricks" for the various focus areas then ?
and why Quickeys macros instead of Cubase macros ?
thanks,
Rhino
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby SteveInChicago » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:32 am

Cubase macros do not test for conditions. Quickeys can see windows and has functions like "Wait for Window with name containing" and "If frontmost windos is [named | type]" etc.

I'm happy to share... I'll start a different thread... it'll take a bit of time to compose something.
i7-3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H, 16gb: Mac 10.8.5,
Macbook Pro 13" 2011, 8gb: Mac 10.9,
Cubase 7.5.10, Nektar P6 controller
SteveInChicago
Grand Senior Member

Postby patcub » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks for the update steinberg team, nice improvements. I love the pace of the updates you are providing.

However I would love to have the color of the channel strip displayed bigger, or in several parts of the channel strip (bottom, middle and top ?), or be able to colorcode the background of the fader like in the project window. Also the background of the channel list should be colorized too in my opinion.

Also I may be the only one that find the new fonts in the channel names too small because I am farsighted. I loved the previous size, but you just changed it, I guess this will not be changed soon unfortunately.
patcub

Postby Antonis Tarlizos » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am

my layout is great,
but suddenly i'm having a lot of crashes...
seems I have to restage my win8... probably only gonna happen when 8.1 arrives ^^
Intel i5, SSD-drive, 8GB RAM, Win8x64, Cubase 7x64,
My mission: use as little as possible non-Steinberg, non-StevenSlate and non-iZotope plugins
Antonis Tarlizos

Postby mrjixies » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 am

Arc wrote:One of the biggest things I was hoping would be fixed in this update was...

VSTs and inserts set to 'Always on Top' getting hidden behind the MC.

It's ridiculous that this still hasn't been fixed!!! I have all my plugins on the 2nd screen, when I click the mixer, poof bye bye plugins, en then I have to open them up one by one again. This is freaking annoying and a workflow killer!
mrjixies

Postby BJ » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am

Is the full screen behavior not consistent with all other windows software?
Sony VAIO VPCF127HG
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Motu UltraLitemk3 Hybrid
Cubase 7.5.10 64bit
Wavelab 7.2.1 64bit
BJ

Postby Transistor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:34 am

r.u.sirius wrote:
mozizo wrote:please consider in next update among other MC improvements to add a subtle separation between the channels in faders area in MixConsole.. still confuses me on what channel i'm moving faders.... the faders and meter from all channels are all mashed up (for me at least ) !!
cheers 8-)

+1

+1 -- or, why don't they just put the fader (or some other graphical element, a blob, a line, whatever) on top of the meter and save some horizontal real-estate? I can't believe I'm getting confused by this, but after a handful of adjusting-the-wrong-channel incidents I'm hoping for a (slight) redesign myself.

r,
j,
i7-860/8192/Win7-64
C7.0.6(64)/WL8.03(64)/Motu128/RME/Mytek 8x192
Plugins. Hardware.
Transistor

Postby serenity » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:48 am

mrjixies wrote:
Arc wrote:One of the biggest things I was hoping would be fixed in this update was...

VSTs and inserts set to 'Always on Top' getting hidden behind the MC.

It's ridiculous that this still hasn't been fixed!!! I have all my plugins on the 2nd screen, when I click the mixer, poof bye bye plugins, en then I have to open them up one by one again. This is freaking annoying and a workflow killer!

Hi,

I make few screens why "Always on top" behavior is that IMPORTANT in Cubase here:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=47635

It took me 2 hours to make these pictures (I'm not graphic specialist). Please look and tell what do you yhink ?
Pawel

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Cubase 7 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
serenity

Postby Rhino » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:25 am

SteveInChicago wrote:Cubase macros do not test for conditions. Quickeys can see windows and has functions like "Wait for Window with name containing" and "If frontmost windos is [named | type]" etc.

I'm happy to share... I'll start a different thread... it'll take a bit of time to compose something.

Thanks Steve, extremely cool !
Really looking forward to it ...
Not looking for complete free lunch btw, the basic conditions for the various focus areas will be fine.

Man, feels like a flashback to 1996, when we tried to add some automation to shareware programs, what a shame ! :roll:

Thanks a bunch,
Rhino
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby billcarroll » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:53 pm

SteveInChicago wrote:Cubase macros do not test for conditions. Quickeys can see windows and has functions like "Wait for Window with name containing" and "If frontmost windos is [named | type]" etc.

Quickeys looks really useful system wide. I've downloaded the demo to check it out. It would be cool if you create a thread about what you come up with for Cubase.
billcarroll

PreviousNext

Return to General