Strange External FX behaviour

Everything else...

Strange External FX behaviour

Postby MetaP » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:49 am

hi!

here's my problem:
I have an analog filter - actually it's a MAM mb33 (303 clone, with audio input) - which I want to use to fatten up vst synths.
So I've set up the external effect like it should be: mono input, mono output -- with the right in/output configuration on my interface (don't know if it matters, it's a focusrite saffire pro 40)

When I inserted the External FX on the vst synth, I suddenly had a split signal: the filter-processed signal on the left (I can hear the filter work when I turn the knobs), and the dry vst synth on the right.
So i thought: okay, its a mono FX, so maybe that's why I'm getting the split signal.
Then I routed the vst synth into a mono group track, and inserted the external FX on that channel. suddenly I don't hear the vst synth anymore --- I just hear a strange low-octave saw buzz every time I hit a note??
I can exclude the option that the mb33 is playing, because it doesn't matter which note I play, the sound is always the same (except when I play around with the filter, then it changes accordingly, but is quite distorted). Also when I plug in a jack into the filter input of the mb33 it disconnects the oscillator, and I shouldn't be able to hear it anyway..

Then I created an FX channel, inserted the external FX and made a send from the vst synth onto that channel, and I got the same weird sound... The filter seems to react a little differently to different notes I play, but the difference is barely noticeable --- it's like I play a chord, and then change the highest note of this chord but with extremely low velocity..

Does anybody have a clue why this might be happening?
thx in advance
MetaP

Re: Strange External FX behaviour

Postby MetaP » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 pm

any advice?
MetaP

Re: Strange External FX behaviour

Postby MetaP » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:12 pm

bump
MetaP

Return to Miscellaneous