Installing on various PCs

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Installing on various PCs

Postby monaro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello!

So, my friend got Cubase Elements 7 and we're doing a project together. The problem is, we're doing a lot of recordings at my place and getting the PC here is a bit hard. So, can the software be installed on my PC as well, without a fear that the license would be banned or something. It wouldn't be used simultaneously of course. His software is protected just by the eLicenser.

Thanks!
monaro

Re: Installing on various PCs

Postby thinkingcap » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:17 pm

monaro wrote:Hello!

So, my friend got Cubase Elements 7 and we're doing a project together. The problem is, we're doing a lot of recordings at my place and getting the PC here is a bit hard. So, can the software be installed on my PC as well, without a fear that the license would be banned or something. It wouldn't be used simultaneously of course. His software is protected just by the eLicenser.

Thanks!

To run Elements 7 on several PC, the license needs to be transferred to USB eLicenser
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Postby monaro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 pm

thinkingcap wrote:

Thanks!

To run Elements 7 on several PC, the license needs to be transferred to USB eLicenser

Fair enough, thanks!
monaro

Postby papi61 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks!

It can't be done, unless you move the license from the soft-licenser to a license key ($25, IIRC.) Oh, and BTW, once you transfer a license from the soft-licenser to a key, you cannot transfer it back.
Desktop: i7 3770k, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX770 + GT640-DCSL fanless, 3 monitors (30" 2560x1600 + 2x 27" 1920x1080), 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB SATA III (audio), 3 TB SATA III (sample libraries), 3x 3 TB USB 3.0 (backup/archives), RME UFX, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Slaves: 2x i7 2700k, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 3 TB SATA III, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Laptop: 17" HP EliteBook 8770w (i7 3820QM 2.7 Ghz/3.7 Ghz max OC, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III), RME Babyface, Win 7 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3.
papi61

Return to General