I've started having Cubase crash and knew that there was an issue with UAD if running at anything other than a 44.1 sample rate and 1024 buffer size - which I though I was. However I found my buffer was set much lower so I raised it hoping that would help, especially when coupled with any potential under the hood changes in C7.0.6. For good measure I also updated to the latest UAD (which I'd been holding off on for several revs) for good measure.
Downloading the UAD update took forever because it was over 700MB. However when I looked at the dll files in the "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Powered Plugins" folder I noticed that they were all very small files at 69kB. However the dll files with the same names in the folder "C:\Program Files\Universal Audio\Powered Plugins\UAD-2 Powered Plugins" were much larger.
Trying to understand this discrepancy I searched the UAD forums and discovered that the small files are some kind of pointer back to their larger brothers. Also some folks there discovered that if you deleted (or moved to someplace safe) all the dlls in "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Powered Plugins" and replaced them with big dll files in "C:\Program Files\Universal Audio\Powered Plugins\UAD-2 Powered Plugins" it fixed their crashing problems.
Sadly this did not resolve my crashes, but I figured I'd pass the info on. Also there is some speculation that the UAD plugs are not really 64 bit but instead do some kind of internal bridging.
Here is the link to deep inside a very long thread.
http://uadforum.com/general-discussion/ ... her-9.html