How can I redirect the stereo out to a group?

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

How can I redirect the stereo out to a group?

Postby giankam » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello, sometimes I have projects with over 70 tracks with group, FX etc.

I want to replace the main stereo out with a group in order to leave a few channel (for instance the kick or a bass) going directly to the stereo out and everything else to be sent to a group with dedicated FX.

Of course I could do it manually track by track skipping the channels already assigned to other sub-groups.

This would take very long and I'm sure that Cubase has a workaround.

Alternatively while I'm building a project is there a way to replace the default out from Stereo out to a group?

Thanks
I7 3930k | Asus P9X79 | Fireface UFX | 16 GB | Win 7 64 | Cubase 7.5.20 64 | UAD OCTO | Asus GT 630 2GB
giankam

Re: How can I redirect the stereo out to a group?

Postby NWP » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 pm

1. Select tracks in MixConsole and hold Alt-Shift while assigning an output on one of them.

2. No
NWP

Re: How can I redirect the stereo out to a group?

Postby Outsounder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Wrong way round! Create your groups first and route them to stereo out.

Create and save a template with your preferred project mixer layout, better still create a few for differing style, huge timesaver
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/16gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram. Win 764bit, Cubase 6.5 & 7.5, Studio One 2 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, Sonic Core Scope DSP Audio System, Roland VMC 7200-48 Channel Digital Mixing System & Focal Monitors. Software includes NI Komplete 8, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries.
Outsounder

Return to General