Kick Drum Issues

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Kick Drum Issues

Postby Hypergenesis » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello :)
So I started making my own kick drums from scratch in Sony's Soundforge since I refuse to use samples simply because I want the samples to be of my creation, the kicks I have made so far sound great and I'm quite happy with them but when I sequence a kick roll using 1/16 and then 1/32 quantize I get irritating clicky noises that are not present when the kick drum samples are singled out on a 4/4 beat, only in the roll. Now, is this because the samples are overlapping eachother? I wouldn't think so because I've done this before with other kick samples and I don't get the clicky noises, so it's obviously my samples, but what is doing this and how can I fix it? Does anyone use Soundforge that knows this problem? Can I fix this in Cubase? If this will help, I make my kicks MONO with a Sine wave @ 60hz @ -6.2 Db
Thanks in advance :)
https://soundcloud.com/hypergenesis
Cubase 7.5, Cubasis 1.8, Windows 7 64-bit, AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB RAM, M-Audio Audiophile 2496 MIDI Soundcard
Hypergenesis

Re: Kick Drum Issues

Postby thinkingcap » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Hypergenesis wrote:Hello :)
So I started making my own kick drums from scratch in Sony's Soundforge since I refuse to use samples simply because I want the samples to be of my creation, the kicks I have made so far sound great and I'm quite happy with them but when I sequence a kick roll using 1/16 and then 1/32 quantize I get irritating clicky noises that are not present when the kick drum samples are singled out on a 4/4 beat, only in the roll. Now, is this because the samples are overlapping eachother? I wouldn't think so because I've done this before with other kick samples and I don't get the clicky noises, so it's obviously my samples, but what is doing this and how can I fix it? Does anyone use Soundforge that knows this problem? Can I fix this in Cubase? If this will help, I make my kicks MONO with a Sine wave @ 60hz @ -6.2 Db
Thanks in advance :)

(Cross-)fades
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Kick Drum Issues

Postby Hypergenesis » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Ahhh, excellent! Thank you :) Worked like a charm!
https://soundcloud.com/hypergenesis
Cubase 7.5, Cubasis 1.8, Windows 7 64-bit, AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB RAM, M-Audio Audiophile 2496 MIDI Soundcard
Hypergenesis

Return to General